march out

Discussion in 'Juniors' started by greenjacket999, Apr 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi guys, my mate and i were discussing the time when we left the army, we were discussing the procedure where you ahve to go round al the departments ie pay office clothing store etc etc and get your 'chit' signed to say you havent any kit or owe any money etc what was the term called (apart from marching out) any ideas?

2. It's referred to as Booking Out.

3. I thought a "March out" was for married quarters.

Booking out was what you're referring to

4. Clearing..

5. Booking out, you mongol.

6. Was a 'clearance chit' in my time (1978-96).

7. Wasn't it called a '******* run-around'?

Isn't it where you go to one department to another and each time are told that it has to be signed by another before they can sign it although it says **** all on the form?

:rage::rage::rage:

8. I can only ever remember booking out of messes, but have wasted quite a few hours getting clearance chits signed.

9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Yep, clearance chit for me, last signature - the RSM!

10. Or the person who could sign it was on leave and wouldn't be back for a couple of weeks and "I'm sorry, but I don't think I can sign it in Mrs Onlyworkstwodaysinamonthifthere'saZinit's absence". :pissedoff:

11. Thought it was 'Warning in/out' with the Mess?

12. Successful chit completed, £70 quid off final salary for a diffy Abloy lock.

Sort of squared off the 3 boxes of spirits proffed for me from a store for £50.

I didnt cry..

13. You're quite right, cloudbuster. My memory is too short, the last mess I booked out of was RAF Cottesmore on resettlement.

14. Still have nightmares about getting a signature from Sparkasse in Bad Driburg.

Also spent weeks getting all my kit together, and immaculate. Not an item diffy. Some good stuff in there, too. Went to G10 for signature, suitcase and kitbag in hand. Big John the storeman signed it and threw the lot in a fuckin skip.

15. Final clearance was a breeze - Clothing Storeperson got my Ginger Drinking Suit and sod-all else, as she couldn't find my 1157. Not very surprising, since I had it (I'd sort-of promised to pass it on on arrival at Lisburn, but you know how it is.........)