Marathon in dress cat 4 Romeo

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Robfor, Feb 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    I'm thinking of running the Dublin marathon in dress cat 4 Romeo. Has any of you done it before or know of anyone who has done it. I'm looking to see what times they got. I have seen the US soldier that has done a marathon with just the respirator. He did it in 3hrs 50min.

2. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Presumably you're running for a cervical cancer charity, given your desire to look like the biggest cnut in the race.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well, 3'50" would appear to be your benchmark you spunker. Don't die, you will look a total ****.

4. Personally I'd wear at least skiddies and shoes as well.

5. You don't need to do that with the new respirators. They're really good, and breathing is spot on.

6. Real men would do it whilst smoking a fag through the drinking straw.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Go for it and get Queen Algie to run with you......... Please.

8. I hope you are Irish Defence Forces?
    If not wearing military kit in Dublin will likely need some discussion with a few grown ups

9. Some Belgian officer ran the Para's 10 back in October in Colly wearing a ressie - nails / stupid? achievment yes!

10. Nuts?

Attached Files:

11. Just ask anybody serving pre Iraq war number 1.
    As Saddam HAD Weapons of mass destruction , every CO worth his salt ran his troops into the ground by running,shitting, driving,wanking,a shooting and sleeping in full IPE. As was the norm back then, fact I told him and the Badge, you are ******* with the troops minds and they will hate to use the stuff if the shit really hits the fan. Luck would have it never did , well officially.

12. Have you ever run a marathon at all ?