Marathon des Sables 2011 for ABF The Soldiers' Charity

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by troopie, Mar 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ladies and gentlemen of ARRSE,

At the end of this month I shall be heading out to Morocco to take part in the Marathon des Sables for the second time. The event is a 6-day 150-mile multi-stage race, with competitors carrying all food and equipment (less a rationed amount of water provided to us each day). While I'm putting my body through hell for a week I thought I might be able to raise a few quid for the ABF at the same time. I raised money for them when I did the event in 2001, and I'm sure I don't need to remind you what a worthy cause they are and all the good work they do.

I would be extremely grateful for anything that anyone is able to give. All monies I raise will go directly to the charity, none of it will go towards the costs I've paid. I've set up a Just Giving page at Duncan is fundraising for ABF The Soldiers' Charity or please PM me if you would like to pay by other means. I also have space available on my kit if anyone is interested in corporate sponsorship, please get in touch if you're interested in this.

As an added bonus, for every pound donated you may suggest a track for my iPod which I'll have during the race. If I have it/can get hold of it I promise to put it on my playlist. Barbie Girl by Aqua? Beethoven's 9th? Always look on the bright side of life? You choose.

Thank you for your support.

Troopie
    (Ex-Reg RE, serving TA R Signals)