MapSymbs - APP6 TrueType Fonts

Discussion in 'Staff College and Staff Officers' started by Dontdreamit, Dec 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sirs,

Anyone got an idiots giude?

I have the Character Map that came with the program but if someone has a self made 'Dummies' guide listing the general use and application I would be most appreciative.

A quick peruse of Tom Mouats site has revealed lots of official docs but little in the way of a guidebook.

Main use will be formations down to enemy coy level.

As said already - any help would be most appreciated.

*tips hat*

2. There is a Nato guide to all the symbols applicability, on the battle box
  3. Not the standard NATO APP-6A manual on map symbols? I already know how to use them, I am looking for a technical guide to using the true type fonts system.

If this is what you meant then aplogies - I will browse the BB tomorrow and see what pops out.

4. I tend to just insert as a symbol, they increase the font to make it show up
  5. msr

msr LE

Edit for monumental dimness

6. Epic thread bump, but I found the question on here before I found the answer, so I thought I might as well answer it.

On About MapSymbs there is a link to Character Map Pro - it allows you to look at the characters at a decent size so you can see what you're doing; it is an .exe however so you'll need admin permission to install it.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. There is also a set of ttf files that you can install with out running an exe on either a PC or a MAC
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016 at 10:09 PM
    • Like Like x 1