MapSymbs - APP6 TrueType Fonts

Sirs,

Anyone got an idiots giude?

I have the Character Map that came with the program but if someone has a self made 'Dummies' guide listing the general use and application I would be most appreciative.

A quick peruse of Tom Mouats site has revealed lots of official docs but little in the way of a guidebook.

Main use will be formations down to enemy coy level.

As said already - any help would be most appreciated.

*tips hat*

Sirs.

All.

There is a Nato guide to all the symbols applicability, on the battle box

Not the standard NATO APP-6A manual on map symbols? I already know how to use them, I am looking for a technical guide to using the true type fonts system.

If this is what you meant then aplogies - I will browse the BB tomorrow and see what pops out.

Regards

DDI

I tend to just insert as a symbol, they increase the font to make it show up

Edit for monumental dimness

msr

Epic thread bump, but I found the question on here before I found the answer, so I thought I might as well answer it.

On About MapSymbs there is a link to Character Map Pro - it allows you to look at the characters at a decent size so you can see what you're doing; it is an .exe however so you'll need admin permission to install it.

Epic thread bump, but I found the question on here before I found the answer, so I thought I might as well answer it.

On About MapSymbs there is a link to Character Map Pro - it allows you to look at the characters at a decent size so you can see what you're doing; it is an .exe however so you'll need admin permission to install it.
There is also a set of ttf files that you can install with out running an exe on either a PC or a MAC

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Int Corps 19