MAPs Tests @ main board?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by moleary21, Nov 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have heard rumblings that they have introduced MAP Testing at Main Board, anyone know for sure?!

I have had a look at the internary on the RMAS page of the Army site, but it has been the same one for a long time, and I wonder whether they are yet to update it.
  2. Hi there,

Yes the MAP testing is also at main board as well as briefing now. My GL told me at Briefing that is the case,

3. Oh goody gum-drops! Were they not enough of a giggle the first time round?!!

4. My main board MAP test was identical to the briefing MAP test. So hopefully you remember some answers
  5. Doubt it, my briefing will have been almost 2 years prior to my main board! - starting to wish i hadn't been so lazy and got this done a long time ago!
  6. When is your main board moleary?
  7. In relation to this, my friend was doing her UKCAT and bought a book which helps with the 3 areas of it (which happen to be identical to the MAP test I found out later) I'm considering buying the book as it really helps with numerical thinking and also recognising patterns in abstract reasoning. However I was wondering if anyone had purchased any other Aptitude test books and had any feedback?
  8. I bought a book on Brain Training post Briefing. Not amazing, but it helps you start to think in the correct manner. It is called Perfect Brain Training by Phillip J Carter.

I am to believe that the How2Become book is supposed to be good at preparing you for all aspects of the AOSB, if you are will to part with the £££
  9. I had a look at How2Become, you can get the practice Q's for £9.99, I really want the plannex book however I do not want to part with £69 a do not want anything about how to pass an interview!

10. There are a number of people on the forum who have lots of planex's which they will gladly send should you ask nicely.
    I am one of them peoples ;P