Maps Help Needed

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by dogguk, Jan 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi anyone help i'm struggling to find where i can order maps from. The person who usually does this is away and nobody can point me in the right direction. I know there is a link from DII to order new mapping but for the life of me i can't find. Any help great appreciated thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Geo Cell at Brigade?, Int Cell at Regt/Btn?

3. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

On DII there is a link on the Defence Intranet Homepage bottom left - however it is one of the worse designed websites I have ever had the misfortune to use. It looks like a primary school project.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I have a mil 25000 map of STANTA to hand and you would have thought it might have some contact info after the request to report any errors or omissions in the key...but, alas no.

Just says contact DGC, MOD, London. Sorry mate.

5. If all else fails, try the RE cartographic bunch at Hermitage near Newbury, if they're still there. They are the people who supply your maps.
    I don't have their number but it will be in the system.

6. I can not post a link as I am not on DII but if you go to the Defence Intranet home page and look at the left hand side (quick links), scroll down to the heading 'Resources'. Under this you will find a link to the MoD Catalogue of Geographic Products. Follow the link and order the maps that you require.

Q.

7. Your demand will go direct to Defence Geographic Centre at Feltham, just make sure you get the priority correct as it may get refused/returned. All instructions are on the catalogue pages. Failing that go and see your Bde Geo Sgt who will be located in the HQ, he will probably have a number of maps available depending on qty required.