Map reading/fire misson video

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by The_sharp_edge, Jul 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

Has anyone got or where i could get a short video clip to show to a class on map bearings I.E fire misson or something?

Have the lesson in 4 hours and the video i was going to use has not got anything in it.

Help please.

Thank you

2. Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Peformance.

Remember it.

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

or how about
    Prior Preparation dosen't Prevent P ish Poor Performance - it only delays it! (courtesy of another Arrser whose name I can't recall at present) so no claim to paternity for this quote, only for using it :wink:

4. yes yes i know that i was only given this Monday morning and i have to work to feed the cat

Thank you anyway

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

edited for not applying Prior Proofing Prevents P ish Poor Spelling

6. Trg Wg's have a video called 81mm Mortar Drills. This also covers bedding in, Adj Fire and a small bit about Arty Target.

All the Best

Hiback

7. I have used the bit in Platoon where he calls fire on his own platoon. Good opportunity to rag the platoon commander etc.

An old topic, but I'm back browsing...

8. there is a scene from "The thin red line" with a fire control arty type thingy in it, calls arty fire on a hill top enemy loc. If you have the DVD then just have it ready at that scene on your puter thingy and hit "play" when the appropriate moment comes in da lesson.