Many soldiers think of quitting.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mad_Moriarty, Oct 31, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Same in the NHS if not more, the whole country is p*ssed off. Hence the large migration numbers.
  2. Heresay only:

Approx 25% of 3 Para have signed off.

Local Loggie Regt - 200 signed off when they were warned off for Iraqistan, again.
  3. But of course, the army is still not over stretched.
  4. One in 5 wants to quit as soon as possible.

I wonder what the figure is historically?

The figure in 1945-46 was far higher , after all Labour landslided as a result.
  5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Only stretched. But then so is an elastic band & as we know, the more one of those is stretched the less effective it becomes.
  6. As eveyuk says, if you look at any organisation/job you'd probably find similar numbers and certainly within the NHS. Morale has never been lower in the NHS for the last 30yrs or so and it doesn't necessarily mean they will all leave!

However, if CS's figs are approaching accurate then we really do have a problem!

CS, how reliable do you think those numbers are?
  7. What are the rules now for leaving servie, I know that the whole thing has changed since my day when You had to serve a further year after You signed off - how diffierent is it.

If the survey truly represents the armed forces - and given the sample I cannot see why it doesn't, then we are going to be in the same situation as the mid 70s.
  8. Soldiers are always on about signing off , its par for the course . I think it is more anti- government spin.Me and my muckers are looking forward to our return to the land of cheap beer and fags, a bit of POTL and Christmas leave . Then we will all be happy again . (i hope)
  9. Hardly a fair comparison given that that was a citzen conscript army.
  10. diplomat

diplomat War Hero Book Reviewer

Is CGS one of them?
  11. diplomat

Mad Moriaty,

Why not start an ARRSE Poll on this thread, or has it been done before?
  12. Diplomat, just feed the Press whydontcha!!!!!
  13. diplomat

Why not? They need the help!
  14. Spot on mate, crock of she-ite