Many dead in major Afghan clash

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by DrStealth, May 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4992462.stm

2. My son's out there at the moment. There's an awful lot more happening that isn't reaching the news. Some reports are putting Taleban dead from several clashes since Monday at 87.

3. many of us are due to go out there,being TA i volunteered,but at least our cause in afghan is one i support so i dont mind going

but fcuk me im worried, cos it looks like its going to kick off, more so than iraq

4. Mark, not sure when you're due to go but my boy says it's about 50 degrees at the moment! When his lot arrived, they were told, "Lads, you'll be pleased to hear you've got air conditioning in your tents." Great, they thought, only to find when they got in the tents that the a/c was spewing out hot air and it was hotter inside than out. Only in the British Army....!

My lad grew up in southern Spain but even he's finding the heat unbearable.

5. Neither am I. Although i understand why they cant provide exact dates.

Hope your lad comes back safe.

6. I'm gutted because after having volunteered it looks like I'm going to have to wait for my Hep B shots! I'm livid! I put my letter in in Feb and I just found this out this am!

T C

7. cant you get them done private?