Many dead in major Afghan clash

A fierce battle has erupted in southern Afghanistan between Taleban fighters and police, with latest reports saying more than 40 people have died.
The fighting is in Helmand province where thousands of British troops are currently deployed.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4992462.stm

At least 13 Afghan policemen are said to have been killed, along with about 40 Taleban fighters in Helmand.
Provincial governor Amir Mohammad Akhundzada said hundreds of Taleban attacked the town of Musa Qala late on Wednesday night.
"It was the biggest attack [in Helmand] since the fall of the Taleban," he told Reuters news agency.
The Taleban have stepped up attacks in recent months.

My son's out there at the moment. There's an awful lot more happening that isn't reaching the news. Some reports are putting Taleban dead from several clashes since Monday at 87.

many of us are due to go out there,being TA i volunteered,but at least our cause in afghan is one i support so i dont mind going

but fcuk me im worried, cos it looks like its going to kick off, more so than iraq

Mark, not sure when you're due to go but my boy says it's about 50 degrees at the moment! When his lot arrived, they were told, "Lads, you'll be pleased to hear you've got air conditioning in your tents." Great, they thought, only to find when they got in the tents that the a/c was spewing out hot air and it was hotter inside than out. Only in the British Army....!

My lad grew up in southern Spain but even he's finding the heat unbearable.

I'm gutted because after having volunteered it looks like I'm going to have to wait for my Hep B shots! I'm livid! I put my letter in in Feb and I just found this out this am!

T C

The_Cheat said:
I'm gutted because after having volunteered it looks like I'm going to have to wait for my Hep B shots! I'm livid! I put my letter in in Feb and I just found this out this am!

T C
cant you get them done private?