• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Manuel Noriega, Guantanamo and the question of jurisdiction

A U.S. judge Monday approved the extradition of former Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega to face money laundering charges in France. In Miami, VOA's Brian Wagner reports that Noriega's lawyers have vowed to challenge the ruling and press for Noriega to be returned home to Panama when he is released from a U.S. prison next month.
http://www.voanews.com/english/2007-08-28-voa69.cfm

Being as I am a legal dove, I'm just wondering if ANY country has the right to hold a foreign head of state and try them not under international law but under their own laws. If the trial of Saddam Hussein is anything to go by, why wasn't Noriega handed back to the Panamanians to begin with?

And why wasn't Hussein tried in a US court after being held incognito in Gitmo or whatever city that hates him the most? Is this double standards or politics as usual?

As far as I recall Pineapple Face was charge with offences connected with the supply of drugs in the US, an offence against US law, not with offences against laws of Panama.

I believe plenty of Panamanians want him for warcrimes. Everybody can have a piece of him as far as I'm concerned, he's a piece of dirt.

(before anyone says it, I'm aware of the prior US support he received. I'm not excusing that)