Manual Handling lesson plan

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by FatBoyGeorge, Nov 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Morning Arrse,

I'm hosting a safety meeting next week at work, which is going to focus on manual handling and the boss wants a demo.

Does anyone have a manual handling lesson plan I can get inspiration from? I got a bit carried away when I demobbed and included all my lesson plans as part of my de-kit.

Many thanks,

2. Thanks beemer,

Sadly, the companies H&S is up the shitter and I am the company safety rep. I will write one up from memory the best I can.

3. Have a word on the Pioneer website?
  4. If you are teaching this stuff, shouldn't you be an indate instructor?

Because I'd imagine if someone listents to a faulty breif, the letters S U and E and the number '6 figure sum' could feature prominently in your future.
  5. Check your PM and email me.
  6. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

There's no such thing as an "in date instructor" for MH, despite what the companies who dish out instructor certificates will tell you. As long as the OP is competent to train in the subject then that's fine. Nothing wrong with asking if anyone has any material they'd like to share either.

And the likelihood of the OP being personally sued for a H&S issue in the company where he works is about nil.

OP if you are still struggling drop me a PM I have some ideas I could pass on.
    • Like Like x 1