Manual Calculation of NI deduction

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Zequic, Apr 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any help with the following will be welcome.

1. Any one know how to do a manual calculation of how much NI deduction should have been paid in year 07/08. My pay has been serially messed up all year and I am now trying to work out if I am due a rebate, which you have to claim for. Therefore I am trying to workout I should have paid vice what I have paid. Currently working on first £5,220 you pay nil. Between £5,520 and £34,840 you pay 11%, 34840+ you pay 1%. When I do the sums it appears that I owe over £600 which in the wrong direction to what i was expecting.

2. I am aware that if you are contracted out of SERPS then you get a reduction of 1.6% (on the 11% only I think). Does this apply to me as a member of AFPS 75.

I have tried the on-line calucators and do not provide me with anything like what I am expecting. Used the above for last years P60 and it came out £500 under so something is a miss.

2. The 1.6% reduction is off the 11% so on that part you only pay 9.4% This applies to all members of the regulars force on a pensionable engagement

3. Write to, or call, these loverly people:

They will send you a one page form. You return it and, within a couple of weeks, they send you your money back. Being TA and earning more than the break point, I get annual NI refunds. They're quite good if I have had any deployed time.