ManU in debt to £359.7m

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by fltpilot, Nov 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Manchester United has reduced its gross debt in its financial first quarter after the Glazer family used the proceeds of the club's flotation to pay off £62.6m of bonds. Gross debt fell to £359.7m in the three months to 30 September 2012, down 17% on a year earlier.

More at BBC News - Manchester United reduces debt to £359.7m

Now if that was a "normal" business the banks would be in court & winding the companies up.
    Directors would be banned & possibly go to jail?
    So whats different here?
  2. I assume they are waiting to see what happens with the Singapore IPO.
  3. They're paying their debts off, why would they have been wound up?
  4. Read their annual accounts before drawing financial conclusions. The 'brand' is a guaranteed earner and I would imagine there are plenty of tangible assets the debt could be offset against. Winding up usually follows a default.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Agree with the above. It's a lot of debt, especially compared to that of clubs who actually went under. However given their commercial success, man u have a strong ability to service this debt - so the situation is healthier than it sounds.

I'd rather it was paid off though and the interest payments used for reinvestment in the team instead
  6. Bet they get a few £27 bank letters for that
  7. Some of my own money is "invested" in there too.....via GM. A bankrupt and tax payer owned company pouring my fucking money into some shitty soccer club in Europe-land. Great strategy!
  8. handegg.jpg
    • Like Like x 6
  9. Why is that stupid yank carrying the handegg wearing a motorbike helmet and wearing girly shoulder pads?? is he scared he might get hurt????
  10. Better than half-gay fucktards pretending to be hurt - I suppose.
  11. This is what an egg chaser looks like this side of the pond, note the lack of Health & Safety equipment.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Based on recent posts on here, because he is a septic, he is automatically either gay or a recently cured gay. Either way, he's taken it up the wrong 'un and sucked cock. I'm not sure if (s)he looks like (s)he's post-op. Probably a fan of Savile and done some work for the BBC as well. I think that just about covers everything.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I think for H&S reasons they should wear moped helmets, Gary Glitter shoulder pads and only play half of the game ...i will do some Risk assessments.
  14. I LIKE rugby. I was talking about soccer.