ManU in debt to £359.7m

Manchester United has reduced its gross debt in its financial first quarter after the Glazer family used the proceeds of the club's flotation to pay off £62.6m of bonds. Gross debt fell to £359.7m in the three months to 30 September 2012, down 17% on a year earlier.

More at BBC News - Manchester United reduces debt to £359.7m

Now if that was a "normal" business the banks would be in court & winding the companies up.
Directors would be banned & possibly go to jail?
So whats different here?

Read their annual accounts before drawing financial conclusions. The 'brand' is a guaranteed earner and I would imagine there are plenty of tangible assets the debt could be offset against. Winding up usually follows a default.

Agree with the above. It's a lot of debt, especially compared to that of clubs who actually went under. However given their commercial success, man u have a strong ability to service this debt - so the situation is healthier than it sounds.

I'd rather it was paid off though and the interest payments used for reinvestment in the team instead

Bet they get a few £27 bank letters for that

Some of my own money is "invested" in there too.....via GM. A bankrupt and tax payer owned company pouring my fucking money into some shitty soccer club in Europe-land. Great strategy!

Why is that stupid yank carrying the handegg wearing a motorbike helmet and wearing girly shoulder pads?? is he scared he might get hurt????

Why is that stupid yank carrying the handegg wearing a motorbike helmet and wearing girly shoulder pads?? is he scared he might get hurt????
Based on recent posts on here, because he is a septic, he is automatically either gay or a recently cured gay. Either way, he's taken it up the wrong 'un and sucked cock. I'm not sure if (s)he looks like (s)he's post-op. Probably a fan of Savile and done some work for the BBC as well. I think that just about covers everything.

This is what an egg chaser looks like this side of the pond, note the lack of Health & Safety equipment.

View attachment 97893
I think for H&S reasons they should wear moped helmets, Gary Glitter shoulder pads and only play half of the game ...i will do some Risk assessments.

I LIKE rugby. I was talking about soccer.
I thought you were a Brit, apologies Redshift...so what part of Canada are you from???