Manners Makyth Nation

The people of Ireland, led by their President, gave a lesson in manners at Croke Park earlier today.

Half the Irish crowd, as seen on my screen, were singing 'God Save the Queen'.

Irish rugby men, and women, I salute you.

What a change from the boorish, pathetic, pitiful booing that accompanies 'God Save the Queen' in my own beautiful country - Wales.

I am ashamed every time it happens.

PS. The Irish players gave a few lessons into the bargain Sorry, English - I couldn't resist - I am Welsh.

Yes, and that despite the BBC's attempts to whip up an interesting story for themselves to cover by prefixing every comment about the match this morning with foreboding tones about the long history of resentment surrounding this particular venue. Well done the Irish fans....and a slightly more grudging well done to the Irish team.

Oh and the French seem to be doing their bit for international lessons at the moment... :thumright:

Nice to see true sportsmanship not dogged by politics for once.

Good one Ireland.

I agree, well done Ireland!

I am a scotsman and I am embarrased by our performance today! Well done Italy! I have tickets for the forthcoming matches against Ireland and France and fear that we will get our sorry asses kicked in both fixtures.

Fifth_Columnist said:
Yes, and that despite the BBC's attempts to whip up an interesting story for themselves to cover by prefixing every comment about the match this morning with foreboding tones about the long history of resentment surrounding this particular venue. Well done the Irish fans....and a slightly more grudging well done to the Irish team.

Oh and the French seem to be doing their bit for international lessons at the moment... :thumright:
There were others that didn't quite enter into the spirit of things.

England out of Ireland
On Bloody Sunday, November 21, 1920 English forces murdered fourteen Irish people in Croke Park.

The playing of God Save the Queen (the English national anthem) and the flying of the English flag over Croke Park insults the memory of those murdered on Bloody Sunday 1920. Those events cannot be dismissed as history whilst English occupation of Ireland continues.

English rule, English police, English courts and English laws will never be either normal or acceptable in Ireland.

We protest at the presence of the England rugby team in Croke park because they represent a country which continues to occupy by force the north eastern part of Ireland. We don’t want apologies, England. Give us back our country.

Our protest is making a political point and is not anti-rugby.

RSF Croke Park protest
Republican Sinn Féin has confirmed that it will be holding a protest at the England-Ireland rugby international on February 24 next.

Those wishing to protest at the playing of God Save the Queen (English national anthem) and the flying of the English flag in Croke Park whilst England continues to occupy part of Ireland should assemble at the junction of North Circular Road and Summerhill Parade near the Sunset House pub on Saturday, February 24 at 3.30pm.
But then you wouldn't expect any different from THIS rag.

Might have been but they won't be back for the All Ireland hitting something with a stick final between Kerry and Louth.

They'd like to be but they won't be.

mistersoft said:
Might have been but they won't be back for the All Ireland hitting something with a stick final between Kerry and Louth.

While I've no particular interest in hurling or garlic football, (probably more to do with never having been exposed to it while growing up in my orange ghetto, than actually disliking the sports - much like cricket!) I dare say I would have a better chance of securing a ticket for the all Ireland final than yesterdays game! :winkrazz:

foggy_balla said:
mistersoft said:

While I've no particular interest in hurling or garlic football, (probably more to do with never having been exposed to it while growing up in my orange ghetto, than actually disliking the sports - much like cricket!) I dare say I would have a better chance of securing a ticket for the all Ireland final than yesterdays game! :winkrazz:
I suppose it's what you did with the empty plastic milk carton.

Hit it or play it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
crabby The Book Club 5
M Films, Music and All Things Artsy 5
bullshit Officers 12