Manhunt 2 banned!

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Taz_786, Jun 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was looking forward to this as well, especially the Wii version.

Why couldnt they have just given it an 18 rating and made sure its kept behind the counter in the shop?

Gonna have to import the fecker now!

2. Is Postal 2 still banned over here?
    I've just 'acquired' it, good fun.

3. They didnt give it an 18 cert because gullible mums still think computer games are harmless fun

4. And aren't they? I see very little difference between Manhunt and say...The Hills Have Eyes. One is a game, the other is a film. Both are for ADULTS and are marketed as such. Informed choices etc.

Should've been given an 18 certificate IMHO.

5. Yeah its no worse than any of the Saw films.

Killing peeps with the Wimote was what i've been w*nking over for ages, first decent game comes along and its banned!

**STOP PRESS**

Its just been given an AO rating in the States which means neither Sony or Nintendo will touch it, so no release at all unless Rockstar tone it down.

6. I've just bought the first Manhunt - £4.99, and I can't really see what all the fuss is about?

7. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Possibly because the game you bought isn't banned, whereas its sequel is?

:roll:

8. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Seriously though, having played it - don't see the fuss either. Its fairly graphic, but your average person either chuckles or winces "fcuk me" when the nasty stuff happens.

A potential psycho is going to be triggered eventually anyway, by whatever means. If someone is unhinged enough to murder, they will do it, eventually - violent games are a scapegoat to justify why the loon did what he did.

9. When you nosh someone on the head, who's already dead, with a baseball bat and their head explodes. It's not exactly terrifying.

Bring Manhunt 2 to the UK!

10. lol

I shudder to think of 10 or 12 year olds playing this, but thats because I have my head in the sand. Next thing we will have 13 year olds throwing people on bonfires :(

11. The fact is that kids in modern Britain can get hold of drugs and guns at the age of ten, so there's nothing to stop them getting this game if they really want it. Maybe if all the old people in the world comment on how cool it is, the youngsters will lose interest anyway :D

12. The original Manhunt was also banned in several countries and attempts were made to link it to a genuine murder in the UK, although it didn't stick.

As for the sequel being banned, all that is likely to do is make Rockstar Games even more money. People will get it one way or another and it WILL sell. All this free advertising for the game, Rockstar must be loving it.

13. The game is on Ebay.com from the yanks. They are posting to the uk. Im not sure if it's Pal though.

14. Strange how hard headed business men pay billions of £s every year to advertise things in the knowledge that the public WILL change their lifestyles and habits due to this advertising, gaining the businessmen a hefty profit in consequence, but the same public are totally unaffected by playing games.

Of course being exposed to this stuff will change the way you think. It is no different to anyother form of propaganda. Seeing a pair of tits in the paper/on the tv is completely normal, your grandparents would have been "outraged":) to see such things. Openly gay people in the media - wouldn't have happened a few years ago.

Examples of how we have changed due to exposure to something are all around you so why do you think that game players are any different?

Now whether seeing death destruction and carnage on a daily basis is a bad thing?