Mandy - "Were coming from behind"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8173663.stm

Poor old Labour... the battered underdogs, need all our help to defeat the nasty conservatives, and their pesky financial plans... how unsporting of the Tories to admit that cuts would be necessary when Labour hope to keep quiet and close their eyes until our economic problems magically disappear (which miracle would be claimed by Brown).

Can't believe the shirtlifter's quote though...

and of course we're coming from behind
Yep, thats how labour operate... shaft you from behind when your not looking, and even when you are! :evil:

jarrod248 said:
How he'd love to be prime minister, nothing he'd rather have than that job. I bet he's up to alsorts behind the scenes convincing everyone that only he can save them.
Sneaky little creature.
And they won't take a lot of convincing when he reminds them of the photos that were inadvertently taken at his gay house warming orgy.....actually forget that, because Labour seem to 'celebrate and embrace' that sort of thing. Maybe he has photos of them at a Round Table meeting or frequenting a church of england church on a sunday morning.

jarrod248 said:
How he'd love to be prime minister, nothing he'd rather have than that job. I bet he's up to alsorts behind the scenes convincing everyone that only he can save them.
Sneaky little creature.
Do you not have to be an MP to become PM?

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
jarrod248 said:
Sneaky little creature.
Actually, I think you will find he would rather be Queen. 8O

I had the misfortune a few years ago to take Mrs K to a very expensive restaurant for our wedding anniversary and the only other couple dining were Mandy & his South American man wife. 2 CP Peelers sat at the bar sipping diet coke and an armoured Sierra was outside with it's engine running. Just a few glances and shaken heads with the boys. They were not impressed nor was I.

I have also heard that Mandys Latino lover had hissy fits in Hillsborough Castle and the household staff were not very impressed. (Only a rumour).

old_fat_and_hairy said:
jarrod248 said:
Sneaky little creature.
Actually, I think you will find he would rather be Queen. 8O
I have this image of a snivelling Smeagol bearing Mandy's Godawful Fizogin my head now that you mention it....thats lunch ruined! :cry:

All_I_Want said:
jarrod248 said:
Sneaky little creature.
Considering you don't have to be elected to become prime minister, I don't think Nu Labour would consider it much of a stretch to slip him in.

*fnarr fnarr*

chimera

LE
Killaloe said:
I had the misfortune a few years ago to take Mrs K to a very expensive restaurant for our wedding anniversary and the only other couple dining were Mandy & his South American man wife. 2 CP Peelers sat at the bar sipping diet coke and an armoured Sierra was outside with it's engine running. Just a few glances and shaken heads with the boys. They were not impressed nor was I.

I have also heard that Mandys Latino lover had hissy fits in Hillsborough Castle and the household staff were not very impressed. (Only a rumour).
Was also told first hand by crew members on the Royal Flight (when Mandy was SoS for NI) that he was the most despised passenger that they ever carried. Considently arrogant and rude to the cabin crew.

Yeah being the current governing political party for the United Kingdom is a real kick in the nuts and the worst possible position to be in.

:roll:

jarrod248 said:
All_I_Want said:
jarrod248 said:
Sneaky little creature.
Minor matters like that? Don't be ridiculous they can just change the rules or find him a safe seat.
No "seat" is safe when Mandys about! Fnaaar !! :p :p

(I'm sorry, I couldn't resist it :oops: )

I believe that the rules are to be changed this autumn to allow a peer to stand as an MP or something like that is on the agenda.

It will become compulsory then. (You know what I mean).

Lord Mandelson said "tough decisions" would have to be made on public spending, but refused to use the word "cuts".

"I fully accept that in the medium term the fiscal adjustment that we are going to have to make, the rebalancing of our public finances, will be substantial," he said.

"The government has never disguised that will be the case.

"Over time, when we show this fiscal responsibility as we will need to, there will be things that we would like to do, but will have to be done slower.

"There will be things that have to be postponed and put off, and there will probably be things that we cannot do at all."

He said the Tories were now discussing "savage cuts" to public services with "almost undisguised glee".
eljithib elmsafat ahsan min elsudug elmkharbat as some would say.

(meaning: the well spoken lies are more effective than the poorly organised truth.)

All_I_Want said:
jarrod248 said:
Sneaky little creature.
No...32 occasions have seen a peer in the driving seat. The last however was the Marquis of Salisbury (as in Bob's your uncle)...

All_I_Want said:
jarrod248 said:
Sneaky little creature.
I don't think so. I think members of the house of Lords can become PM, just as they can take other ministerial positions.

Killaloe said:
Something to do with asking a couple of his RUC minders to pick up the dog shoite from the Labrador Pup that Mandy bought for whatever its South American fluid receptacle is called. The reply was as I recall quite blunt, the catamite was in floods of tears and a hissy fit occurred followed by a complaint then a reminder from the RUC management that they were there to provide protection not clean up after an idle Brazilian sperm bowser. Or words to that effect.....

:wink:

interestednovice said:
All_I_Want said:
jarrod248 said:
Sneaky little creature.
I don't think so. I think members of the house of Lords can become PM, just as they can take other ministerial positions.
Democracy eh?

So, let me get this right.

Labour can appoint anyone as a lord then that said lord can then become PM. You know I never knew that, it is just another nail in the coffin of democracy for me.

It's a common PR trick. Sell yourselves as the 'underdogs' and people will rally behind you. Everbody likes to see the underdog win. Though there's always an exception to the rule, and I think this is it. Nobody has a problem with kicking the Labour party while they're down.

A bit like "any publicity is good publicity", but not if you're Gary Glitter.

'Was also told first hand by crew members on the Royal Flight (when Mandy was SoS for NI) that he was the most despised passenger that they ever carried. Considently arrogant and rude to the cabin crew.'

Yeah, but they are only Crabs.

Interesting new sign has appeared on the outskirts of Brighton prior to the W**fters Walk (sorry, Pride March) on Saturday - 'Follow signs for the Pride Campsite'.