Mandy says adjustments required on public spending

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Aug 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 'Clown' Brown hates Mr. Mandelson with a vehemence hitherto unseen.

Mr. Mandelson hates 'Clown' Brown in equal measure.

I would love to know what 'hold' someone has on whom, in order to have permitted this un-holy alliance between the equally noxious, perverted, disgraced and dishonest.
  2. I doubt that there are many who would rely on Labour 's deft handling of the economy and even fewer who would risk voting them another term.
  3. But he still can't say the truth, adjust down, cut, reduce. As ever the prince of darkness is trying to con us again.
  4. Accusing the Tories of planning “swingeing” cuts that would “leave millions without a safety net”, Lord Mandelson said: “I've never heard anything so laughable in my life."

I have about a politician sacked twice for sleaze, then made a Lord and is now temporarily running the country!......

....fooking hilarious!!!
  5. msr

msr LE

Social mobility, he said, is "not getting better as quickly as we originally wanted to see".

i.e. Our policy has failed here too.
  6. Mandleson could make the coming of the antichrist and the end of the world sound attractive.
  7. You mean he's not the Antichrist?
  8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Sorry mate - have to pull you up on a bit of your post. Whatever makes you think Mandy running the country is temporary :( ? (Until the next election of course)
  9. Is there a "gay mafia" actually running the Government ? the inept, corrupt and nappy wearing Brown surrounds himself and appoints gays to office....allegedly
  10. Anyone hear Mandy interviewing himself on Today this morning? I've never shouted at the radio so much before.
  11. Dave should be able to have a field day with this.

The next PMQs he should go right after Gordon's public sector spending 'continuing to rise' (albeit by 0%) with this. Video posted again for its Stalinist comedy value:
  12. I say, old boy, that's a BIT harsh... 8O

I mean, how would YOU like to be compared to Mandelson?! Even the Spawn of Satan himself has feelings! :twisted:
  13. I see Labour getting a sizeable turnout at the general election, though I don't see them getting into power. A hung parliament is very possible. Don't forget that there's a massive client state that Labour has created, and a lot of its members will not want to bite the proverbial hand. These people also know that if the Tories were to gain power then they would likely become victims of swingeing cuts across the board. It's simply that people nowadays put themselves before their country. Also, IIRC, the Tories would need 8-10 pc more votes than Labour to gain power. The next election could witness an expansion of the internet driven tactical voting that we've seen before.

As an aside, Larry Elliot has written a good piece in the Guardian about the state of the economy and its structural weaknesses. His central theme is that the powers that be are trying all they can to create another bubble, and that without structural rebalancing our economy will perpetually be based on debt fuelled booms.