Mandleson! the thrust for domination continues

#1
New legislation proposed by the Government would allow them to re-write Copyright law and increase surveillance say Google, Yahoo and Ebay. Link

I am worried the next election might not even get to go ahead, something will come up allowing the Government to stay in power and invoke "emergency" legislation allowing them to cancel General elections.
 
#2
re-stilly said:
New legislation proposed by the Government would allow them to re-write Copyright law and increase surveillance say Google, Yahoo and Ebay. Link
oh yes Facebook and Google are ever so concerned about our private data :roll:

re-stilly said:
I am worried the next election might not even get to go ahead, something will come up allowing the Government to stay in power and invoke "emergency" legislation allowing them to cancel General elections.
and how would they manage that? people were saying exactly the same about the Bush administration, was more likely to happen with them too imo
 
#4
Did you have to use the words Mandelson and thrust in the same sentence?

You had me really worried there.
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#5
Proper_Gander said:
re-stilly said:
New legislation proposed by the Government would allow them to re-write Copyright law and increase surveillance say Google, Yahoo and Ebay. Link
oh yes Facebook and Google are ever so concerned about our private data :roll:

re-stilly said:
I am worried the next election might not even get to go ahead, something will come up allowing the Government to stay in power and invoke "emergency" legislation allowing them to cancel General elections.
and how would they manage that? people were saying exactly the same about the Bush administration, was more likely to happen with them too imo
Give me Google and Facebook over Government mismanagement of my private data any day of the week. At least I'm not obliged to have my personal data recorded by them.
 
#6
This is a book worth reading, gives a good idea of what the cnuts are up to behind the scenes
Linky

Mind blowing just what they have got away with, and what could be lined up for the future.

Gadge
 
#7
If Mandelson does guide Labour to Victory next year he has sent the Police plans for their new Helmet (Health & Safety - Time to phase out the pointed one...)

[/img]
 
#8
Proper_Gander said:
re-stilly said:
New legislation proposed by the Government would allow them to re-write Copyright law and increase surveillance say Google, Yahoo and Ebay. Link
oh yes Facebook and Google are ever so concerned about our private data :roll:

re-stilly said:
I am worried the next election might not even get to go ahead, something will come up allowing the Government to stay in power and invoke "emergency" legislation allowing them to cancel General elections.
and how would they manage that? people were saying exactly the same about the Bush administration, was more likely to happen with them too imo
Emergency Powers legislation was introduced by Liar Blair, all that has to happen is for some "national emergency" which will sweep in draconian powers and wipe away all civil liberties.

Gordon is on a sticky wicket, widespread corruption at highest levels of the Government, even top Police chiefs are involved, plenty of people who don't want to face the music, so when the crunch comes better for something to happen than risk the expose' of having had a criminally corrupt government the past few years, hopefully the economic crisis will blow over by the time the emergency measures need to pulled, and by then everything can be buried in OSA legislation.

Just to clarify, I have no bacofoil.
 
#9
Proper_Gander said:
re-stilly said:
New legislation proposed by the Government would allow them to re-write Copyright law and increase surveillance say Google, Yahoo and Ebay. Link
oh yes Facebook and Google are ever so concerned about our private data :roll:

re-stilly said:
I am worried the next election might not even get to go ahead, something will come up allowing the Government to stay in power and invoke "emergency" legislation allowing them to cancel General elections.
and how would they manage that? people were saying exactly the same about the Bush administration, was more likely to happen with them too imo
More likely to happen here, IMHO; the Septics knew what they were doing when the made the Right To Bear Arms part of the Constitution. Yes, it has been abused, but nothing keeps politicians from going over the score like the thought of millions of p1ssed-off citizens with unlimited gats and ammo... :twisted:

The UK populace, by contrast, is largely apathetic and, more importantly, unarmed. It's also worth remembering that the most advanced society is only a few days of hunger away from anarchy. A few "terrorist attacks" in the right areas and the sheeple will let you do anything you want as long as you promise them security.

Don't believe the UK public is that dumb? Look at the ratings for X Factor or the Jermey Kyle Show. :roll:
 
#11
Biped said:
Give me Google and Facebook over Government mismanagement of my private data any day of the week. At least I'm not obliged to have my personal data recorded by them.
you're not obliged... you're not even asked. and if you don't tick the right boxes on facebook they'll sell your piccies away for ads, you could find pictures of your misses on banners advertising porn... well maybe not yours but mine for sure. :p

Biped said:
More likely to happen here, IMHO; the Septics knew what they were doing when the made the Right To Bear Arms part of the Constitution. Yes, it has been abused, but nothing keeps politicians from going over the score like the thought of millions of p1ssed-off citizens with unlimited gats and ammo...
you don't need guns to bring a government to it's knees, at least not in our part of the world
 
#12
It's quite clear that those distributing pirated material online need to be stopped. However, the international and almost anonymous nature of the beast is that you'll never be able to stop it completely so the best way forward is to offer a realistic alternative. iTunes, for example, has done a brilliant job of this - and the Playstation Store is another example with it's massive downloadable movie collection.

What we don't need is an enabling act that allows politicians to pass laws which will spy on Internet users who have done nothing wrong, or catch/arrest/fine minor offenders (i.e. kids who download songs/movies because they can't afford them). Additionally, it won't stop there. You can guarantee laws passed to 'stop copyright' will be used for other purposes.
 
#13
Track_Link said:
If Mandelson does guide Labour to Victory next year he has sent the Police plans for their new Helmet (Health & Safety - Time to phase out the pointed one...)

[/img]






to be fair the empire won't mess around when confronted with a bunch of chavs off to the kessel space mines with them.
although from the training films they need to work on there apwt :twisted:
 
#14
DeltaDog said:
What we don't need is an enabling act that allows politicians to pass laws which will spy on Internet users who have done nothing wrong, or catch/arrest/fine minor offenders (i.e. kids who download songs/movies because they can't afford them). Additionally, it won't stop there. You can guarantee laws passed to 'stop copyright' will be used for other purposes.
Just the same as the anti terror laws that are given to too many people, eg councils using them to spy on your recycling,
See my previous post on this thread, that book is a good read. (and no I do not know the author or have shares in it :D ).
Gadge

Edited due to mong fingers.
 
#15
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8392319.stm

Business Secretary Lord Mandelson has confirmed he had wanted to become the EU's first "foreign secretary".

The High Representative for External Affairs post went to Lady Ashton.

Lord Mandelson denied he was blocked from the job by President Sarkozy - telling the BBC he never got close enough to getting the job to be vetoed.

He told Radio 4's Today he was committed to the government but "in other circumstances I would have liked to have done that job".

His departure would have been a significant blow for Mr Brown and taken as a sign that senior Labour figures had given up on the next election.
 
#16
mandleson jumping ship to try and gain more power for his ego, well that doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me is that the EU actually saw through it, or perhaps after his last spell in Brussels they new what he was like.
 
#17
I do so enjoy the recently instituted "Jim and Pete" knock about comedy on Today (Radio 4). Pete is so adroit at bringing straight man Jim to the point of pratfall, then leaves him uncommitted comically. He then goes on to deliver crushing punch;ines...as in his quizzing Jim this morning on who the Poo-Ba was! Masterful.

I am feeling as if Pete is a real poppet, while Jim is just a club-comedian playing wildly out of his class. He wants to go carefully, Pete has a record for dumping his partners and going "solo" - ask Tony Blair and "the Great Gordino"...both of whom now struggle to get a gig at Pontin's!
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads