Mandelson goes to hospital for op

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by johnboyzzz, Aug 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8213467.stm

nothing trivial i hope

Lord Mandelson has been admitted to hospital to have an operation for a "benign condition of the prostate", a government spokesman has said.

The business secretary, 55, is in St Mary's Hospital in Paddington, west London, and it is expected he will remain in overnight.

A Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform spokesman said it was a "routine operation".

Last week, Lord Mandelson stood in for the prime minister who was on holiday.

Lord Mandelson returned to the British government last year after serving as European Union trade commissioner.

He is known as the "comeback king" of British politics and was appointed to one of the most powerful jobs in Europe after being sacked twice from the cabinet.

2. Repetitive Strain? or simple bruising?

3. I hope the cnut dies in agony.

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I wonder what they are going to remove . . .

5. Dunno but if the surgeon has any sense of decency he'll slip woth scalpel and cut the b@stards heart out.

6. Or give him the snip and stop him polluting the rest of the world :twisted:

7. He is having an operation because he was told he'd never be the leader of the Liabour Party while he had a hole in his arrse :D

8. He has one?

9. Was he at one of Barrymore's pool parties ?

10. Just going through the new posts and it read like this:

Topic Last Poster
    Mandelson goes to hospital for op Pantsoff

Oh well, it made me smile

11. M.R.S.A - clostridium difficile - where are the super bugs when you need them?

I suspect that this thread may be moved to the NAAFI before too long!

PS: I was wondering, whilst he was 'under the knife', whose finger was on the, on the, the, you know - the nuclear button?

PPS: No wonder Millyband sounded like a total twerp on the wireless this morning - 'Pretty Peter' was not there to tell him what to say!

PPPS: Was this the offending gland?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/08/19/article-0-058684EF000005DC-909_233x346.jpg

12. Wah!

I think it would be simply AWFUL if the surgeon had an attack of the shakes and accidentally perforated his bowel in several places…

13. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I suspect they are just enlarging the entrance to accomodate all the new friends he made in Corfu.

14. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Or, if they are removing anything, it will be Tony Blair's head.

15. :D :D :D