Mandelson goes to hospital for op

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8213467.stm

nothing trivial i hope

Lord Mandelson has been admitted to hospital to have an operation for a "benign condition of the prostate", a government spokesman has said.

The business secretary, 55, is in St Mary's Hospital in Paddington, west London, and it is expected he will remain in overnight.

A Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform spokesman said it was a "routine operation".

Last week, Lord Mandelson stood in for the prime minister who was on holiday.

Lord Mandelson returned to the British government last year after serving as European Union trade commissioner.

He is known as the "comeback king" of British politics and was appointed to one of the most powerful jobs in Europe after being sacked twice from the cabinet.

johnboyzzz said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8213467.stm

nothing trivial i hope

Lord Mandelson has been admitted to hospital to have an operation for a "benign condition of the prostate", a government spokesman has said.
Repetitive Strain? or simple bruising?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
I wonder what they are going to remove . . .

E

EScotia

He is having an operation because he was told he'd never be the leader of the Liabour Party while he had a hole in his arrse :D

jagman said:
Biped said:
I wonder what they are going to remove . . .
Dunno but if the surgeon has any sense of decency he'll slip woth scalpel and cut the b@stards heart out.
He has one?

M.R.S.A - clostridium difficile - where are the super bugs when you need them?

I suspect that this thread may be moved to the NAAFI before too long!

PS: I was wondering, whilst he was 'under the knife', whose finger was on the, on the, the, you know - the nuclear button?

PPS: No wonder Millyband sounded like a total twerp on the wireless this morning - 'Pretty Peter' was not there to tell him what to say!

PPPS: Was this the offending gland?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/08/19/article-0-058684EF000005DC-909_233x346.jpg

commsnbombs said:
Or give him the snip and stop him polluting the rest of the world :twisted:
Wah!

I think it would be simply AWFUL if the surgeon had an attack of the shakes and accidentally perforated his bowel in several places…

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I suspect they are just enlarging the entrance to accomodate all the new friends he made in Corfu.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Or, if they are removing anything, it will be Tony Blair's head.

EScotia said:
He is having an operation because he was told he'd never be the leader of the Liabour Party while he had a hole in his arrse :D

:D :D :D

lsquared said:
M.R.S.A - clostridium difficile - where are the super bugs when you need them?

I suspect that this thread may be moved to the NAAFI before too long!

PS: I was wondering, whilst he was 'under the knife', whose finger was on the, on the, the, you know - the nuclear button?

PPS: No wonder Millyband sounded like a total twerp on the wireless this morning - 'Pretty Peter' was not there to tell him what to say!

PPPS: Was this the offending gland?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/08/19/article-0-058684EF000005DC-909_233x346.jpg
already there by moi :D
c'mon over to the darkside

Compacted faeces (recreational hazzard for him and his chums) is very painful so I hear, but unlikely to be fatal I think. Never mind, every single day without Labour meddlers doing damage is a blessing

It's not an "operation".

It's colonic irrigation. Like all the best celebs. They use coffee, you know. And no, I don't know why!

Swop the lukewarm latte for a piping-hot Americano.... :twisted:

SOLUTIONS FOR THE COLEMA BOARD COLONIC – (SELECT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING)

Coffee: 3 tablespoons of ground Coffee in 1 quart of water. Bring to boil and simmer 15 minutes. Strain through strainer and cloth, put in bucket (5 gallon) and add water to make 5 gallons.

Epsom Salts: 1 tablespoon of Epsom Salts dissolved in 5 gallons of water.

Lemon Juice: 1/4 cup strained lemon juice in 5 gallons of water.

Garlic: 4 cloves of garlic - cut up and put in blender with 1 cup of water. Strain.
Put in caddy or bucket and fill with water.

Catnip: 2 cups of Catnip in 2 cups of water. Bring to boil and boil 3 minutes. Strain and put in bucket and fill with water. This has a particularly calming effect on the system

from guido:

“How typical of the NHS to identify the only non-malignant part of Mandelson and remove it.”