Mandelson almost speechless for a moment

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jagman, Mar 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just watching BBC Breakfast
    Presenter asked Mandleson if the government was going to apologise for the financial mess the country was in.
    He was genuinely speechless for a moment or two, his expression was priceless :D
    He composed himself a moment later and resumed waffling bollox but the look on his face was very telling.

I hope his Lordship enjoys the next year in politics, I suspect that once the next election comes around nobosy will want to know him anymore :)

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Is there a link to watch it again?

3. Just ben looking for it. Was only broadcast half hour ago and not sure how long it takes to appearon the internet?

4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I think he wil get even worse
    Whatch out for him running riot in the House of Lords once he has no actual power to wield

By that time Labours Scorched Earth policy will have wrecked everything any way

5. Just seen him get a face-full of green custard thrown in his face by a protester - outstanding.

I suspect it wasn't the first time he's had custard in his face though ...

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

In other news . . . . .

Lord Myners, the one who didn't stop that other wnaker getting his ludicrous pension, has also got £100,000 pension of RBS . . . . which may have had some influence in his decision making (or lack of) process.

Brown is also getting deeper and deeper in the sh!t as Ed Balls has said that his government, Broon, Mandy, Balls and others FAILED to regulate the banks properly and this was, in part, the cause of the current recession.

Not words that Brown wanted to hear spoken out loud - but I fcuking said so months ago didn't I SVEN and ASHIE . . . . hellooooooooooo?

and in other news . . . . . .

The bank of England, for the first time in its 300 year history is being given permission by the same government that brought you corruption, lies, spin, illegal wars and more . . . . to print £150,000,000,000 worth of fresh notes, despite the terrible historical prescendents and thus LESSONS of the past and warnings of today that this may well lead to absolute disaster. A warning that the government is of course ignoring, whilst admitting it is a "LEAP IN THE DARK" - A leap in the dark you say, with potentially (proven) catastrophic results where it's been tried in other countries like . . . . the Weimar Republic, Mugabe's Zimbabwe . . .

Never mind, it's just another prudent move on behalf of the world's saviour - you know, the guy who got a STANDING OVATION IN THE US CONGRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, rant over, feeling better now.

7. BBC Breakfast asking a searching and embarassing question of a Labour minister? That's one for the Guiness book of records - isn't Lord Peter a chum of the DG? I bet the producer gets moved to somewhere where he can't do any damage, BBC3 perhaps.

8. Mandelson was evidently surprised.
    He didn't seem to understand why anybody would think any of this mess was anything to do with the government.

On the plus side its just been on the BBC that a protestor has just thrown green custard over Mandelsons face :D Shame it wasn't battery acid.
    The poor dear obviously isn't having the best of mornings :)

9. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Looney hits W4nker

Business Secretary Lord Mandelson has had green custard thrown over him by a protester as he arrived at the launch of a low-carbon summit in London.

The protester, Leila Deen, told the BBC that she was protesting on behalf on environmental group Plane Stupid.

She described the substance she threw as "green-coloured custard".

The government is to call for an international "green new deal" to boost the environmental sector and help lift the global economy out of recession.

Lord Mandelson said: "She was so busy throwing what seemed like green soup or something in my face that she failed to tell me what the protest was about, but, as you can see, thankfully is wasn't paint and I've come through it intact."

The government wants to turn the UK into a world leader in green industries of the future. The aim is to reduce carbon emissions by 80% by the year 2050.

Ahead of the summit Lord Mandelson said: "I am not denying that the targets we have set are both tight and ambitious."

10. 'Green custard'. Let us hope that it was also sh!t flavoured.

Regarding a 'naughty' BBC person asking difficult questions, the 'balance' has just been righted: Naughtie with his tongue so far up Miliband's arrse that his questions were barely audible so 'Boy Wonder' simply woffled.

11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

To summarise: :D

12. Laugh-a-minute linky

13. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

The two faced ttwwaatt IS NOT A LABOUR MINISTER. He is just another jobs for the boys man. Un-elected, well paid and not regulated. I suppose that nearly makes him a politician.