Mandelscums memoirs

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tropper66, Jul 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mandelscum has just been on TV advertising his memoirs to be published in tomorrows "Times" got to be worth a glance but I bet it's a complete fu**ing Fairytail LOL
  2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

This is just part of the New Labour re-writing of the history of the past 2 decades to prove to the world that their 'experiment' was a great success. I just hope, but probably in vain, that rebuttals will come soon so that history does not believe them :(
  3. Have you seen the advert on telly where he's begging for money for some donkey charity or other, FFS don't the House of Lords get enough?
  4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

"The Third Man" eh?

I do find it interesting that he refers himself as such.

I find it even more poignant that for the latter period of the book, he will talk and give us details of the two unelected men running the country......

Nasty, backstabbing, scheming b astard - frankly the ultimate politician..........
  5. Seen in one of the papers yesterday that he's been on the phone to Sarkozy somemonths before the election trying to secure himself the £250000 per year EU foreign ministers job and wasn't a happy boy when Aston got it instead he was behind the smear campaign about her experience for the job.

Still he hopefully washed up and classed as damaged goods along with Brown must be so hard for the turd that he's not pulling the strings anymore isnt in the news and never got the call he was hoping for from CMD
  6. I'd quibble with the last bit, if you examine his career Mandy has a political glass jaw. A sleekit politician perhaps but rather prone to funking it and resigning when the bluffer tarts about him would have shamelessly brazened it out.
  7. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

Brown waged 'insurgency fron next door' against Blair, says Lord Mandelson - Telegraph

he really is a cnut of the highest order - 'In an interview with The Times, Lord Mandelson also rejected criticism that he is too fond of the high life for associating with people with money, such as the Rothschild family and Oleg Deripaska, the Russian billionaire.
    He said: “Do you know what I say to that? Good for me. I mean, I’m not going to be governed by Labour Party political correctness about who I should meet or talk to or where I should spend my time.'

no?? fair enough - but then dont try to insult peoples intelligence by taking blatant backhanders off the same people, you corrupt, slimy sh1t.
  8. I like the story (which may or may not be true) about one of his rare trips up North to his constituancy.Visiting a chip shop he asked for some guacomole,only to be told that the dish actually contained mushy peas.
  9. Actually the story goes that he was given mushy peas and said "Oh good, guacamole"!
  10. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Possibly but Mandy took the long view and went each time before any damage could become critical. Your die in a ditch, brazener might have survived each scandal in turn but his position would not have been pretty and the Party would likely put him down as damaged goods.

Mandy simply took the short dip away, taking the sting out of the damage, before reinventing himself in another position, each time with more influence. BY the time he came back from Eurozone to the HoC, would you not say he held as much (and I'd suggest more) influence than even Brown did?

I don't like the man or what he stands for at all but I do recognise how good he was.
  11. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

good operator he may be but whats the point if you're just going to shaft the country repeatedly and leave it in the sh1t state it's in now? It would be nice to think a politician would put the people and the country first (never happen, I know, but I'm an idealist) - surely someone of his dubious 'skills' (if being a lying cnut has ever been a skill), if he's that good, could have feathered his nest AND done some good as well. the fcuker should be dangling from a lampost, together with the other two sh1tehawks cyclops and bliar.
  12. You seem to ignore that Labour created thousands of new non-jobs. I should imagine he's very, very popular with those who're in the jobs they created, they wont even see that they weren't sustainable and will blame the coalition for losing them.
  13. I think in resigning over that mortgage thing he almost destroyed himself politically. It looks a laughable scandal after what far lesser men rode out in the following years.

Returning from his Brussels exile Mandy only looked impressive because all about him in New Labor were bloodied and on the canvas. I think the Dark Prince stuff is overplayed, he was always the man most of the party loved to loath, not a sign of a truly adroit politician. A very sharp man who punches below his intellectual weight perhaps due to a narrow streak of decency. Or maybe he simply lacks the heavy balls of a casually mendacious critter like his chum Teflon Tony.
  14. Mandelson advertised his memoirs as a fairy tale on the radio, what expect of 13years of ZaNu- Labour.

15. Will it be written in the 'First Person Singular'....... 'I'.... I........ I this and I that....... whoopee doo!!