Mandelscum caused the Mail strike

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tropper66, Oct 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Postal workers Union say that Mandelscum has caused the situation that has caused the forthcoming strike, The CWU spokesman said that the strike will start tomorrow, Billy Hayes says that Mandelscum does not seem to care what happens and does not even bother to reply to any comunication that the Postal Union have sent him. So much for him being Buisness secretary
  2. Of course he did.
    Mandelson has been trying to break up the Royal Mail for a considerable time. The posties have played nicely into his hands.
  3. He certainly hasn't helped, mind you his EU masters want the Post Office broken up so there is a logic to his position.
  4. I think that the posties are walking happily into the trap that the Govt has set for them. Easy privatisation when the Royal Mail hasn't any significant customers left.
  5. Radical suggestion here, but why dont the unions just stop funding the Labour Party?

Turkeys paying for the Christmas butcher.
  6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Well they can hardly blame the Home Secretary can they? He was the CWU leader :roll:
    Cnuts the lot of them, sack 'em all.
  7. Maybe he didn't get the letter? Perhaps it is in a pile of opened credit cards, password letters and cheque counterfoils behind a hedge near the DTI?
  8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

They'll never find it - too many CD's of database details to sort though on top.....
  9. I recall Neil Pillock berating Derek Hatton years ago for sending sacking notices to council, employees by Taxi, now it looks like a LABOUR GOVERNMENT doing the same thing, only the tax payer will pay for the taxi,s, what a crock full of hypocritcal feceas we have in power in that Westminster Karzi.
  10. Mandelson is the puppet master tough prefers the term 'poppet'.
  11. Oh heck! No junk mail or bills for a few days.... Let's hope they stay out!
  12. Smart move by the Unions. They have identified a hate figure on whom they can focus. The Miners had (still have) Maggie to hate; the hatred can be whipped up and used to keep the membership in line even when the cause is well and truelly lost.

Who better as a hate figure, even I feel like joining the picket line
  13. Fcuk the whole damn boiling - here we are in the middle of a recession and because of the posties not liking modernisation, and Mandleshitstabber being his usual machiavelian self thousands of small and medium sized private businesses face major disruption during the run up to the most important time of year for them.

Britain is most definately now broken.
  14. This just gets better, so many lieing cnuts that you just can't tell who is telling the best BS line
  15. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Actually I may have to change some of my views on this.

Union bloke on Sky news this morning was rather sincere and convincing.
    He described a meeting with Mandleson where a requirement to sell off some parts of Royal Mail was pushed. (Check Mandlesons EU role in postal de-monoply initiatives and this clicks). A break up of Royal Mail is desirable on several fronts for Mandleson.
    Union bloke is saying for the record they will go to ACAS without pre-conditions.
    Everything was getting better yesterday (so much so I placed a new order with Amazon....), but really looks like it was tripped up.
    Home Sec used to be head of the CWU - keeping a very low profile...too low IMO....and looks really uncomfortable when its mentioned.

That said, the business of Royal Mail needs addressing (to be fair the union bloke supported this), but there will be unprofitable bits that need supporting by the profitable areas in order to provide a full service - or not, depending on your point of view....
    One option seems to be to run it as a franchise operation out of already established businesses (local shops etc), and use pick up points rather than home deliveries in some cases (eg local service for old folks, people who work use a box).
    Problem with the pension pot too I reckon.....