mandela RIP

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by maguire, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

there was a report nelson mandela had passed away on an english language german news site, but its since been pulled. my apologies.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ... not true. Yet. As far as I know.
  3. (Unless ALL of the world's major news outlets are on the piss because it's a Friday.)
  4. Nothing on Sky News or Twitter so maybe premature. Let's not bury him yet

Deutsche Welle apparently published his obituary in error
  5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

the individual page is still up, but no link from the main page and, as ppl have said, nothing on the bbc. my bad. and good that he's still with us. hope he's not suffering.
  6. There'll be plenty of snide comments on here from those who lost their privileged position as rulers of the roost in South Africa because of Mandela (and from their arse-lickers who see "Saffers" as good ol' boys ) but Mandela had the guts to stand up to the minority lording it over the majority. The people who've followed him at the helm of South Africa are a bunch of *****, but getting rid of apartheid had to be done, and he played a big role in the doing of it.

Nkosi sikelel' iAfrika.
    • Like Like x 8
  7. Well, he's probably not feeling too bright under the six feet of soil that you put on top of him ten minutes ago.
    • Like Like x 5
  8. In other news; Shergar wins the 'National, ridden by Lord Lucan!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Well said PtP...FFS give the guy a chance to shuffle from the dead pool to the 6ft hole (or oven; whatever he prefers...)

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  10. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 2
  11. lets be honest, its not gonna be long is it, unless he has the sticking power of my great aunty lilly, her nose fell off, she went blind and deaf but still lived to be 105, fuelled by a bottle of guiness and a large scotch every afternoon
  12. Fair one.

I've been.
  13. Nelson was fine. Sitting up in bed and surfing the net on his laptop. Until he chanced upon this thread and promptly croaked due to shock.
    • Like Like x 4
  14. He was embalmed ten years ago and operated like Sooty and Sweep since.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. **** him!! was there any tenners owed?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.