• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Mandela gone already?

ugly

LE
Despite reporting by Aunty last night the ten O'clock news may have fallen for the dear leader is still with us line!
I had a text come in from a very reliable source removing im from the stakes in the dead pool.
How long before Jacob does an Uncle Bob?

ugly

LE
I do agree with these sentiments but its surely only a matter of timee before the veneer of respectablity falls of the face of the ANC!

I do agree with these sentiments but its surely only a matter of timee before the veneer of respectablity falls of the face of the ANC!
It appears not. Your average black South African is no better off with majority rule. Senior ANC members have made themselves very rich.
Mandela is still a hero.

ugly

LE
It appears not. Your average black South African is no better off with majority rule. Senior ANC members have made themselves very rich.
Mandela is still a hero.
That I agree with, my point was though if the last man with an alleged shred of decency is out of the picture then who will stand up against the ANC and stop them turning ZA into another Zim?

Standby for weeks of wailing and hand wringing in the media, al la Diana.
I agree with the OP. In the words of the immortal Baloo the bear, "He's gone, solid gone".
I have to admit I prefer "Biko" by Peter Gabriel to "Free Nelson Mandela" - that was a sh*t song.
No tears shed by this callsign.

That I agree with, my point was though if the last man with an alleged shred of decency is out of the picture then who will stand up against the ANC and stop them turning ZA into another Zim?
No one. There is no leader in the ANC or any of the opposition parties, who'll be able to prevent SA from becoming another Zim. The ANC will be the ruling party for many many more decades to come, irrespective of the fact they they have done nothing to solve the plight of the poor. Julius Malema is the next Bob M, and Zuma doesn't have enough of a spine to go against Malema. Malema is next in line to take over, which means SA has no hope. Say goodbye to the Rainbow nation .... it was a fun while it lasted.

Anybody who put the shits up the apartheid regime had to be good news. Not perfect, just good news.

More importantly, he has (had?) good taste in shirts.

B

bokkatankie

And still going but reported as frail, will be a very sad day for the Whole of South Africa. Much as I enjoy the usual banter on here we have to remember what would have happened if he had not been able to bring about a relatively peaceful transition in SA.

"I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities,"

No where near there yet but so much better than it could have been.

If he does cark it I'm taking the plug off the tv. It'll be the Mandela season on BBC2, two or three specials on BBC1 and channel 4 will dust off that gash drama about ******* Winnie. I wouldn't be surprised if they showed 'Cry Freedom' ffs

Latest Threads