Mandatory Vaccinations to Join

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Don't know if this is a long shot posting this here but I am trying to help out a friend who is having a tough time at the moment and is considering joining the army however I am not sure he's serious.
Sounds daft but he is really not a fan of getting vaccinations (don't ask!) but has been told that some are mandatory.
Can anyone advise which one's are mandatory and is there any way he can get around this?
I'm guessing no but thought i'd try and help him out - not turn him against the idea but just to be more realistic.

Eyes_Right

Old-Salt
The entire premis of the Armed Forces is that you may be required to deploy pretty much anywhere across the globe at a moments notice. Some of those destinations may be host to a multitude of diseases and infections, and it is the Army’s job to ensure you are fit to fight, wherever you end up. That means they have pretty much Carte Blanche to stick anything in you, on you, and up you, as ordered by the chain of command. If you don’t want to do this, or it is against some sort of personal code of conduct, you should not be considering joining the Army.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hi,

Don't know if this is a long shot posting this here but I am trying to help out a friend who is having a tough time at the moment and is considering joining the army however I am not sure he's serious.
Sounds daft but he is really not a fan of getting vaccinations (don't ask!) but has been told that some are mandatory.
Can anyone advise which one's are mandatory and is there any way he can get around this?
I'm guessing no but thought i'd try and help him out - not turn him against the idea but just to be more realistic.

A very short version - vaccinations can be refused, however the Army can refuse to continue to employ someone who isn't fit to be employed. I do not remember anyone refusing vaccination as a recruit and staying in training

I thought they’d be mandatory however my friend has told me that he’s heard that you can say no to some. We’ve had a look at the shots required and even I thought there were quite a lot and I don’t mind vaccines. So you’ll have to have all of the below?

Yellow fever
Typhoid
Diphtheria, Tetanus and Polio
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Anthrax
Rabies
Cholera
Seasonal influenza
Pneumococcal
Tick Borne encephalitis
Meningitis
Mumps
TB
Varicella

The_Duke

LE
Some will be mandatory for deployment on operations or exercises. If your friend isn't willing t have them, they are not deployable and therefore should not attempt to join.

End of thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads