Mancunian dealer of death captured and house raided

'At this stage the weapons do not appear to have been collected for any other reason than as part of a hobby but it does not detract from the seriousness that these weapons pose, particularly if they get into the wrong hands.'

What were the bad crims going to do? Throw a 155mm shell at a post office counter?

Yes, if any do actually turn ot to contain nasty bangy stuff then it would be a bad show.

chimera

LE
Normal Daily Mail over-reaction

2/51

LE
Old 5 foot missile could be dangerous "if it got into the wrong hands"...and a 40 foot articulated lorry would not be, as it went crashing through the front of an airport terminal, driven by a crazed madman!

I know which one would do more damage, be easier to pull of and be more likely.

Lets seize all lorries!

The guy may be harmless enough, but he's still an idiot. If only you knew how tedious it is dealing with crap like that.

The last time I consigned munitions for disposal through QINETIQ it cost about £300 per Kg of the lovely tax payers cash (it doesn't come of the defence budget). Then there's the cost of deploying the EOD team.

Leave this shit where it lays in the ground.

Police spokesman, DCI Dooley says, "Give up the gun before we come and search your home".

Yeah, righto matey... If you know where the unlawfully held firearms are why not just go and collect them? Why bother with an amnesty when you could just go and feel their collars?

I particularly like:

“Mr Jones was arrested on July 9 while attending a meeting of the Tameside Shooting Sports Association, which is affiliated to the controversial National Rifle Association in the US and the Muzzle Loaders Association of Britain.”

Why don’t we have a National Rifle Association in the UK, that shooting clubs could associate with instead of going to the USA?

Aren't you a muzzle loader FF?

The guy may be harmless enough, but he's still an idiot. If only you knew how tedious it is dealing with crap like that.

The last time I consigned munitions for disposal through QINETIQ it cost about £300 per Kg of the lovely tax payers cash (it doesn't come of the defence budget). Then there's the cost of deploying the EOD team.

Leave this shit where it lays in the ground.
What makes you think any of it is live? Plenty of people collect inert munitions.

Lots of it looks like Drill by the amount of blue paint.
The 'missile' looks strange- an American training aid or drill round?
As for the shells- bloody loony.

I didn't say any of it is live. It still needs clearing and disposing properly.

Better if there are live munitions at least we get to dem them and if Flying Felix is the operator then it's by by house as well.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
one would hope that a man of his age, and with knowledge of firearms would have the sense to de activate or only collect dead stuff
many years ago an elderly friend on mine was called upon by the police, after her carer reported her for having a shotgun on the wall over the fire
the thing was at least 100 years old and had levers on the side to strike the charge, so not exactly gangster material, and she was in her 90s, to keep every one happy I drilled some holes in it, the police officer was very helpful and put me on to a chap with weapons experience to guide my hands as it where to drill

Lots of it looks like Drill by the amount of blue paint.
The 'missile' looks strange- an American training aid or drill round?
As for the shells- bloody loony.

Some of the items in the back ground appear to be light blue to indicate practice meaning there still the possibility of explosive.

Better if there are live munitions at least we get to dem them and if Flying Felix is the operator then it's by by house as well.
People’s legally held, inert private property does not need disposing of.

4(T)

LE

Why? If its inert and legally held, it does not need disposing.

If you go the War & Peace show on a Folkstone, you will see literally hundreds of thousands of bombs, bullets, missiles, grenades and war relics on trade at the market.

as ever with the Daily Mail, the side bar is far better than the main story..
Today, Shane Warne's lass is looking good

article-2695177-1FB59FE000000578-437_634x990.jpg

article-2695177-1FB5768500000578-226_634x990.jpg

People’s legally held, inert private property does not need disposing of.

Let's say for example you come across an old 2in Mortar smoke round, you ask around and some spastic off t'internet who once did something with ammunition tell you to check the holes at the base of the main bomb body (around where the tail fin is attached). If they are open and exposed the bomb has expended and likely inert.

Thinking its safe you keep said bomb, now during a raid where the Police shut down your cannabis farm they locate the mortar bomb and remember the lecture from some fat **** who did something with ammunition. They call it in a a shiny EOD operator comes to deal with the mortar bomb, he notices it's expended and sticks it in his truck to be disposed of later.

He can do this because the mortar bomb was never legally yours, it remains the property of the MoD.

Of course, if you have a proper bill of sales from the disposal IPT at Abbeywood then you have legitimacy. There are also a few other ways to get it signed off, but that's for serving personnel.