Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Manchester United FC

Care-taker manager until the end of the season? Doesn't Benitez's contract at the Toon expire about then? Wouldn't be the first time Manure have done over the Toon!

About bloody time as well.
After finishing second last year I honestly thought we were on our way back, alas it didn’t quite work out that way.
A very strange summer transfer market, buying a player he thinks isn’t good enough, well I said at the time Fred looked like a daft signing and that was more or else it.
A shame it didn’t work out but we now move on and I rather think Jose is going to have a better Christmas now than he would have if he stayed till the end of the season.
I don’t want Zidane he has no experience and the state our dressing room is in we need a very strong experienced man.
We also need Woody to change his job description otherwise it will be the same again.

Bugger :)

Anyway, it won't be Rafa. When the time comes, that man will be buried in a Liverpool shirt at his own request :)

As much as failure and misery at Old Trafford is generally a thing of joy for those of us at the top of the league, I don't like seeing you guys this bad. It's not right. I hope you get someone like Zidane. Or poach Pochettino and Zidane to Spurs. Having Guardiola, Klopp and Zidane duke it out would make for a wonderful league.

Eddie Howe would be worth a look, he's done plenty at Bournemouth, but not sure he's ready for a really big club yet. Maybe a few seasons at an Arsenal or Everton before he gets a really big gig.

Zidane.

Irrespective of what we think of him, it's fair to say that he won two trophies - one of which we hadn't won before - and took us to a (distant) second last season. You can feel sorry for him in that Ewar Woowar allegedly hasn't got him the centre-backs we needed - but on the other hand, the midfield is of his construction (Matic, Fred and arguably the show pony) and that's where we're currently really lacking.

I really hope this doesn't descend to non-stop media blamestorming. We haven't lost a manager this way since BFR, or even the Doc.

One thing is certain - the question of "surely Jose has to be a better manager than X, Y, Z if you give him a chance" has been definitively answered.

Mourinho brought in Lindelof and Bailly.

Roy has the man management skills of a menopausal hippopotamus. He'd be a great choice.

Indeed. Can you imagine the ruckus in the changing room at the half time team talks with United 0-2 down...

It would be a thing of rare beauty with tea cups and hair dryers travelling at Mach 2 across the room.