Manchester United FC

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
This made me laugh.

He could go there on a free this summer, Utd will be guaranteed to finish above the scousers if this were to happen, however as I said it made me laugh.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
For a second I thought Utd had appointed Frank Skinner, well he likes his football and he could raise a laugh or two.

Fear not, it’s news on the women’s team.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Posted this in the beautiful game thread as well.

Sky sports news have confirmed that Man City have made a £100million bid for Grealish. Now any one willing to pay £100million would surely be willing to pay £135million. Well that’s what I would say if I were the Villa Chairman. Don’t want to scare them off completely now.
So let the negotiations begin, so will he be wearing sky blue or claret next season and if it is blue how much do you think he will go for?
Jack loves Villa, I think he will go for about £120million, where does this leave Kane? Surely even City can’t afford both of those players in one season even with the HP agreements clubs come to.
I would have rather Utd went for Jack instead of Sancho, forced Pogba out to finance the deal, I think he would have been a great improvement on Pogba, oh well time will tell if Solskjaer got that right.

Pep appears keen on taking a gamble with Jacks off field antics.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Our friendly at Preston yesterday got cancelled due to Covid.
Everton at home on Saturday. 1245hrs kick off either on MUTV or Hesgoal.
Will Olle pick a team close to the one to face Leeds?

Our friendly at Preston yesterday got cancelled due to Covid.
Everton at home on Saturday. 1245hrs kick off either on MUTV or Hesgoal.

Thankfully all of the players and staff were found to be negative, so technically the game could've gone ahead, but the timings after the testing made it impossible to re-arrange the Preston game.

Thankfully all of the players and staff were found to be negative, so technically the game could've gone ahead, but the timings after the testing made it impossible to re-arrange the Preston game.

Edited to add....cancel my last, Henderson has not gone to the Scotland training camp, as the dopey knob has indeed tested positive for covid, De Gea will probably start against filthy Leeds now I would imagine.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Looks like @TalaveraTom was correct, according to The Stretty News Varane is in Manchester as I type. Enough of the good news.

That fecking leach Jones expecting a request, expecting a request, hang on who decides on squad numbers?
Don't give him a number, well the only number he should be given is to his agent to find him another club, failing that why not just pay up and cancel his contract?
Just might send a message to the rest of the no hopers to look for another club.
I read that Utd have a first team squad of THIRTY THREE , yes 33 players, the wage bill must be astronomical, sought it out ffs.

syrup

LE
Looks like @TalaveraTom was correct, according to The Stretty News Varane is in Manchester as I type. Enough of the good news.

That fecking leach Jones expecting a request, expecting a request, hang on who decides on squad numbers?
Don't give him a number, well the only number he should be given is to his agent to find him another club, failing that why not just pay up and cancel his contract?
Just might send a message to the rest of the no hopers to look for another club.
I read that Utd have a first team squad of THIRTY THREE , yes 33 players, the wage bill must be astronomical, sought it out ffs.

Wage bill

£154,815,000 per year

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Wage bill

£154,815,000 per year

Does that include the tea lady:???:

No, it doesn’t. Those figures are incredibly silly, what more can one say?

Last edited:
Now then, where were we? Just a few days to go before we see how a Utd line up will look?

After a busy foray into the Summer transfer market what changes can we expect to see? Will Sancho feature from the off or will it be another DVB kind of presence, or non-presence if you like? What do we expect the results and analysis to be in the case of win, draw, lose

> Win - we. are on the way to trophies as predicted for 2021-2022. The Summer dealings and closed season work have finally got the Utd. engine firing on all cylinders again
> Draw - It was important for team confidence that we did not lose and kept our shape, we did that so mission accomplished
> Lose - we are at a loss to explain this, we will learn from the game and do better next match/season

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Now then, where were we? Just a few days to go before we see how a Utd line up will look?

After a busy foray into the Summer transfer market what changes can we expect to see? Will Sancho feature from the off or will it be another DVB kind of presence, or non-presence if you like? What do we expect the results and analysis to be in the case of win, draw, lose

> Win - we. are on the way to trophies as predicted for 2021-2022. The Summer dealings and closed season work have finally got the Utd. engine firing on all cylinders again
> Draw - It was important for team confidence that we did not lose and kept our shape, we did that so mission accomplished
> Lose - we are at a loss to explain this, we will learn from the game and do better next match/season
Greetings and salutations this fine Tuesday morning.
After all the hullabaloo it’s appears that Olly has had positive talks with the leach that goes by the name of Pogba, no he isn’t leaving, no he hasn’t signed the new contract, Pogba has just taken up music lessons and is playing Olly like a fiddle, he’s happy to stay, but not sign.
Brilliant, so now Olly will base his team around the one that is taking us for a ride and will leave next year on a free.
I see Lukaku who we sold for seventy odd million and still haven’t received all of that yet is moving once again and will soon grace OT once more, this time in the blue of Chelsea who have signed him for around £97million, incredible, still we get about £4million from the sale on clause plus what’s outstanding on the HP agreement.
Varane still isolating, doubt he’ll be match fit for Saturday, oh well can’t be helped.

On the positive we have one new signing who should feature from the off, Sancho
lets hope he’s as good as they say we didn’t see much of him in the Euros so he should be raring to go, Van Beek had a good game against Everton in this weeks friendly and looked impressive, so he should start……On the bench most probably looking on at the enigma Pogba.

Will we get off to a good start this weekend? I hope so but two new signing with no one leaving such as Martial makes me a bit disappointed. Could have done with that Niguez from Atletico Madrid, but you never know still some time to the window closes.

I’m going for a 2-1 to United.

Greetings and salutations this fine Tuesday morning.
After all the hullabaloo it’s appears that Olly has had positive talks with the leach that goes by the name of Pogba, no he isn’t leaving, no he hasn’t signed the new contract, Pogba has just taken up music lessons and is playing Olly like a fiddle, he’s happy to stay, but not sign.
Brilliant, so now Olly will base his team around the one that is taking us for a ride and will leave next year on a free.
I see Lukaku who we sold for seventy odd million and still haven’t received all of that yet is moving once again and will soon grace OT once more, this time in the blue of Chelsea who have signed him for around £97million, incredible, still we get about £4million from the sale on clause plus what’s outstanding on the HP agreement.
Varane still isolating, doubt he’ll be match fit for Saturday, oh well can’t be helped.

On the positive we have one new signing who should feature from the off, Sancho
lets hope he’s as good as they say we didn’t see much of him in the Euros so he should be raring to go, Van Beek had a good game against Everton in this weeks friendly and looked impressive, so he should start……On the bench most probably looking on at the enigma Pogba.

Will we get off to a good start this weekend? I hope so but two new signing with no one leaving such as Martial makes me a bit disappointed. Could have done with that Niguez from Atletico Madrid, but you never know still some time to the window closes.

I’m going for a 2-1 to United.
Let the Games commence.

See you in May, with or without Pogba...

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Do you think this is true?
Why in gods name would United turn down £50 million for this man?

I hope it’s not true because if it is then Utd are no closer to getting back to the good days of old. Jesus when I look back at the players we sold who could still do a job but we’re just past their best, Sparky springs to mind, Christ Sparky would probably still have a contract under this lot.

Do you think this is true?
Why in gods name would United turn down £50 million for this man?

I hope it’s not true because if it is then Utd are no closer to getting back to the good days of old. Jesus when I look back at the players we sold who could still do a job but we’re just past their best, Sparky springs to mind, Christ Sparky would probably still have a contract under this lot.

It's the Utd way.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
It's the Utd way.
I’m afraid you are spot on.
I’d have got rid for half of that, just to save money on the wages and to have £25million as a down payment on a decent defensive midfielder.
Regarding Pogba it now looks almost certain that he will walk away for nothing next summer.
A few years back we could have easily sold him for around £90 million, it truly is poor the way this club lets players rule the roost, the thing that makes me laugh is that by hanging on to Pogba did Utd get value from him on the pitch?
Well the answer is no, one Europa league trophy isn’t a huge success by any stretch of the imagination. Pogba will go down as the worse signing in history due to cost in the transfer plus his wages and what we achieved with him.

I’m afraid you are spot on.
I’d have got rid for half of that, just to save money on the wages and to have £25million as a down payment on a decent defensive midfielder.
Regarding Pogba it now looks almost certain that he will walk away for nothing next summer.
A few years back we could have easily sold him for around £90 million, it truly is poor the way this club lets players rule the roost, the thing that makes me laugh is that by hanging on to Pogba did Utd get value from him on the pitch?
Well the answer is no, one Europa league trophy isn’t a huge success by any stretch of the imagination. Pogba will go down as the worse signing in history due to cost in the transfer plus his wages and what we achieved with him.

I'm betting when he moves on he will play his socks off, score goals and get rave reviews.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm betting when he moves on he will play his socks off, score goals and get rave reviews.
A bit like that other chap, oh what’s his name that’s it LUKAKU. :slow:

Latest Threads