Manchester United FC

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Sancho has been excellent this season for Dortmund. 38 games, 16 goals and 20 assists. Previous season 44 games, 20 goals and 20 assists
But he has a good coach and an excellent finisher to play with, not sure he’ll reproduce those stats at Utd.

But he has a good coach and an excellent finisher to play with, not sure he’ll reproduce those stats at Utd.
Do you know who is coach is to make that claim?

Cavani is an excellent finisher too, plus it's possible that another may come into the club.

Maybe he will, maybe he won't. It's the risk that all clubs take when buying from abroad. There was no guarantee that Fernandes would have the impact he did either.
However Sancho is very talented and would certainly be an improvement to playing Greenwood, Rashford or even Mata in that position.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Do you know who is coach is to make that claim?

Cavani is an excellent finisher too, plus it's possible that another may come into the club.

Maybe he will, maybe he won't. It's the risk that all clubs take when buying from abroad. There was no guarantee that Fernandes would have the impact he did either.
However Sancho is very talented and would certainly be an improvement to playing Greenwood, Rashford or even Mata in that position.
He’s really not performing at international level, not even on the bench for today’s game.
I really do have my doubts over this Sancho.

He’s really not performing at international level, not even on the bench for today’s game.
I really do have my doubts over this Sancho.

Shearer went years not scoring for England prior to Euro 96 and there were serious calls for him to be dropped, yet he went on to be PL all time top scorer.

Kane played today and was pretty poor, whilst Sterling has been poor for months yet been great today.

Cavani hadn't played in months yet has done a great job.

I posted Sancho's stats for the past two years to back up my opinion after watching him play for the past few years. He has serious talent, which potentially could be a massive boost to United if the club buys him. He could fail miserably, but the so have many many previous United signings over the years, but we'll never know unless we sign him. Even Cristiano had years of doubters criticising him.

Good to hear one of you chaps coming out in support of Ole. Make a pleasant change.

As is well documented on here I am not a supporter of Manchester United (or any other Premier League outfit), but I do like and respect OGS and I think he has done a good job for Manchester United so far.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm Man Utd since I was a nipper.
Looking at the situation objectively we were 2nd in the premiership, we are now back into the Champions league next season.

How many teams are below us that would love to be in our dire position?

Woodward is gone, less meddling for a start. I think OGS hasn't made a bad job of things.

Why, are we getting a new manager?

Just ask Van Beek.

Solskjaer is bloody hopeless.

No he patently isn't, year on year we've improved under his stewardship and there's still a way to go. He's got rid of so much of the Van Gaal and Mourinho deadwood, but that's still an ongoing process. He's given more opportunities to our youth players than anyone since the Maestro retired, and that's due to him demanding that the development program be reinstated and fully backed by the leeches who cut the academy budget by a third. And fcuk me is it paying dividends, we have some outstanding talent coming through at all levels. Rebuilding the side from the clusterfcuk it was always going to take time and costs much geldt, but it will be worth it, so patience will be needed. Remember, it took Fergie a few years to show what he was doing in the background while some fans were calling for his head.

As for Van de Beek, I've never been convinced he was an Ole signing. That whole transfer had the feeling of another Woodward signing, and Ole just had to live with it. That said, he has given him some game time to show what he can do and he hasn't really delivered, but again, it might be a case of new player new league syndrome for the lad and he'll improve next season? On the whole, I'm more than content with the direction we're heading in, but if that isn't enough and Ole leaves, at least the structure of the club is in a far better place than the poisoned chalice it was when he arrived.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
That's four. This is all getting a bit Magnificent Seven. Gouty - what's your Eli Wallach impersonation like?
Who, what:???:
Any how the fixtures for next season have just come out and below are United‘s subject to the usual interference by the broadcasters but it gives us some idea of what’s in store.

38DB3C10-2808-4B0B-BDFE-E0F5C5DACF79.jpeg
October and November look very interesting and I’m thinking that if results and performances aren’t up to scratch this run of fixtures could hopefully see the end of this fraud of a manager.

Who, what:???:
Any how the fixtures for next season have just come out and below are United‘s subject to the usual interference by the broadcasters but it gives us some idea of what’s in store.

View attachment 581879October and November look very interesting and I’m thinking that if results and performances aren’t up to scratch this run of fixtures could hopefully see the end of this fraud of a manager.

Yes very tasty indeed, but if they are up to scratch, what then? And what for you quantifies as "up tp scratch"? Seems you've decided to slaughter the manager no matter what he does.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes very tasty indeed, but if they are up to scratch, what then? And what for you quantifies as "up tp scratch"? Seems you've decided to slaughter the manager no matter what he does.
I just don’t rate him as a manager. Yes we might have finished second but the bigger picture tells me that he isn’t what Utd should be looking for.
Still no trophies and a very distant second.

I just don’t rate him as a manager. Yes we might have finished second but the bigger picture tells me that he isn’t what Utd should be looking for.
Have you tried contacting Mr Solskjaer to explain your feelings to him.:-D

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Have you tried contacting Mr Solskjaer to explain your feelings to him.:-D
I’m not the only one who thinks this you know.
If he pops in to this thread he’ll soon get the message.

18 other teams would swap places with us in a heartbeat.

When he arrived in the middle of the 18/19 season we were languishing in 7th and going nowhere fast and by the end only finished 6th. By the end of his first full season 19/20 we finished 3rd. This season we finished 2nd, and you don't see that as progress or improvement?

We have the youngest squad in the league, many of whom are still developing and learning to cope with the pressures of playing at that level, but it's coming. His signings have been good, and he definitely seems to have a long term plan for the team. The atmosphere around the club is much better, so I'm not sure what more you expect at this point in his tenure?

Besides, his three year contract doesn't have much longer to run, so assuming we don't win anything or regress, he will either be sacked or not offered an new one, so you'll get your hearts desire anyway...but who will you replace him with if you get your wish?

Latest Threads