Manchester United FC

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
You‘ve got to roll with the times. Remember at one time there were no corners taken, no nets, no cards, no substitutions, hob nail boots with studs and heavy leather balls. Pitches were awful and games were slow. Players also has a day job.

Today we have a professional game, it’s just unfortunate that some can’t act like professionals.

VAR will improve over time.
I’m all for improvements but has var really improved the game? It’s made decisions even more controversial, I just can’t imagine sitting in a stadium with 50,000 plus fans waiting patiently for some one to get the lines linedup and then disallow a goal because the attackers shoulder was a mm off side.
As I say the var lot are getting away with it because of Covid.
As for the other stuff you mentioned I hate to say it but your memory is better than mine you old fecker.;)

Last edited:
Well. Monsuir Pogba has shown a remarkable level of maturity and teamworking ethic in the past couple of matches.

Turning a corner, has someone taken him to one side and had a word?

Tonight.. Bruno is having a bit of a mare.. Not many chances, some stray passes... See if VdB comes on for the 2nd half..

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Well. Monsuir Pogba has shown a remarkable level of maturity and teamworking ethic in the past couple of matches.

Turning a corner, has someone taken him to one side and had a word?

Tonight.. Bruno is having a bit of a mare.. Not many chances, some stray passes... See if VdB comes on for the 2nd half..
Don’t forget the end of the season is close by so is the transfer window, his agrnder is at work he is hoping Madrid see this “new” Pogba, I hope he goes and that money goes towards a top striker.

Made hard work of that, possibly due to a certain ponderous midfielder. Shame the shot from DvB didn't go in.

Roma. Big game.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Semi final now and we know what happens then, will Utd finally make it to a final under Olle?
Will Utd go on and win it?
Well as I said earlier in the week I think now Utd will finish second in The PL there is something happening and noticeable over the last month and I’m happy to see that Henderson is the new number 1, I think that has made a big difference.
Burnley on Sunday should be a straightforward win. Now what happened last time I said that:???:

Burnley will be tough. Their recent results will have them scrapping for their lives. Dyche will have them properly wound up.

The lads better be on the front foot from the off.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Not that old excuse.

It worked last night.:grin: What a waste of money though how many more games are left before the season ends, not many and hopefully the way the vaccine programme is running and Covid numbers falling we should have fans back next season.

Last edited:
It worked last night.:grin: What a waste of money though how many more games are left before the season ends, not many and hopefully the way the vaccine programme is running and Covid numbers falling we should have fans back next season.
PL football is all about splashing and often wasting the cash. There is nothing real world about it.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Chelsea 1 up in the cup. Gawd I hope they win I couldn’t bear it if the bitters won the double.
Up the Chelsea.:numberone:

GREAT, Chelsea 1-0 so the bitters are NOT going to win the quadruple which the media have been banging on about since Christmas.
Time for a celebratory lemonade.:-D

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Henderson is lucky to have got away with that, an inch offside?
Not sure why he he tried coming for a ball that far out.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
That lead lasted a long time I was just going to say a great decisive substitution at half time and the Slab Head reverted to his usual weak defending.

WTF is Hendo playing at?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Well that was hard work 3-1 and ONLY 8 points behind the bitters. :numberone:

We'll have that even if it flattered us. Another game where we didn't pass forward quick enough or well enough.

Said it'd be a tough one.

Time for dirty Leeds on Sunday.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
We'll have that even if it flattered us. Another game where we didn't pass forward quick enough or well enough.

Said it'd be a tough one.

Time for dirty Leeds on Sunday.
What about this breakaway European Super League? Rumour says the so called big six in the PL have signed a letter of intent along with the big three from Italy and Spain.
Well they can stick it up their collective arses and I agree 100% with Garry Neville, the clubs involved should be bloody ashamed of themselves.

Last edited:

Latest Threads