Manchester United FC

Were they, Christ you have a good memory. Didn't do much to improve things did he? And when we are talking of strikers what the feck does he see in Martial?
Answer me this, why did Utd bother signing Van Beek? Where is this grand plan that Solskjaer has for him?
Honestly the money wasted is comical, it’s like a little boy wanting an X Box but the store is sold out so instead of waiting and saving his money he buys an Nintendo he doesn’t really want it but wants to spend his money any way. Feck knows what we will do with Pogba, he’ll probably end up running down his contract and walking away for nothing.

What bothers me with the Van Beek thing is that although we don't know what the plan discussed with him was when he signed on the dotted line, the impression it gives is not good. Now today there is talk (and that is all it is at the moment but let's stay with it) that OGS is looking to offload him this Summer however all along the way OGS has been clear that he has a big part to play at Utd.

So when people ask why did Utd. bring in Van Beek and why did he sign I think the first part of that question is difficult to fathom but the second part could be he was sold a lie, which if so was a terrible thing for Utd to do. It seems like they were happy to waste his time, take him out of competitive football to the detriment of his career and then discard him when it suits them, if so shame on Utd. and don't expect other up and coming players to not have noticed this and maybe decide that Utd. are too treacherous to risk their careers for.

I hope Utd. don't expect loyalty from their players.

No I was born down the road from OT lived in Stretford most of my school days, I have deep rooted affection for that club and that’s why I get annoyed when we have a joke for a manager.
Bloody hell I’d rather live through the 80’s again with Big Ron than put up with this fraud Solskjaer. If we had crowds they would have made it plainly clear that this joke of a manager is not the man for Manchester United.
So it's a no then...

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
There must be some big fecking brown envelopes being thrown around, what happened at Chelsea today? At this rate Utd will finish second, we’ll be lumbered with Ole for nine further years.
Still if we do finish in the top four we will be able to buy the best striker in Europe and another defender, :slow:

There must be some big fecking brown envelopes being thrown around, what happened at Chelsea today? At this rate Utd will finish second, we’ll be lumbered with Ole for nine further years.
Still if we do finish in the top four we will be able to buy the best striker in Europe and another defender, :slow:

Maybe fat sam’s bung wasn’t big enough, so he decided to win this time.

Might be able afford to buy them, but will they want to come.

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I was going to watch MOD with not knowing the score, however curiosity always gets the better of me and Danny Wellbeck has only gone and scored against us AGAIN!
Sounds like Henderson got a bit nervy dropping a cross but got away with that and was a bit unlucky with the goal.
Nice to see that Cnut Pogba in the side.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
So that’s it 2-1 to Utd and the winner came from a scuffed balls up of a shot by the ever so talented Frenchy that kindly fell for Greenwood.
Another great performance but I suppose three points is three points.
No shots on target in the first half, Solskjaer won’t get away with this shit with a crowd present.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Is there a chance that Utd could sign this chap? A goal conceded by the Berties scored by this chap.
D398ECDA-7E4E-43C7-9466-C1CE5450070F.jpeg

We certainly pay the wages and I heard on the grapevine that Harland is saying to Foden,
“I’m not coming to play in this shit hole every other week, I’ve heard it was like this before Covid”.

Is there a chance that Utd could sign this chap? A goal conceded by the Berties scored by this chap.View attachment 563357
We certainly pay the wages and I heard on the grapevine that Harland is saying to Foden,
“I’m not coming to play in this shit hole every other week, I’ve heard it was like this before Covid”.
He didn't. Marco Reus scored Dortmund's goal, with Bellingham having a goal wrongly disallowed too

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
He didn't. Marco Reus scored Dortmund's goal, with Bellingham having a goal wrongly disallowed too
What? I’m sure I saw Haalands name oh well hopefully he’ll get a few in Dortmund.
Edited, Harland assisted.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Utd 1-0 up away and an interesting bit of team selection.
De Gea in goal, is this a message that De Gea is now number two and will play in Europa League and FA, oh we’re out of that aren’t we, can’t wait to the team for Sunday.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Another semi awaits 0-2 a clean sheet away and two away goals, pleased with that, I wonder what team will turn up on Sunday?

Is there a chance that Utd could sign this chap? A goal conceded by the Berties scored by this chap.View attachment 563357

His agent also represents Pogba.

€130m and £600k a week wages is what I’ve seen quoted.

For a €100m you could get

1617915569878.jpeg

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

View attachment 563713
Thanks but no thanks. I don’t want another Frenchy, Cantona was the only decent Frenchman in the whole history of Frenchmen.

Thanks but no thanks. I don’t want another Frenchy, Cantona was the only decent Frenchman in the whole history of Frenchmen.

I thought you would have like De Gaulle, after all he tried to keep us out of the EU (or Common Market if you prefer).

Anyway, it doesn't matter what Haaland would cost, he will move to a team that he judges will be winning what he considers to be good trophies. That means domestic league and Champions League. I can't imagine he would put anything else on his priority list as I am sure he will be thinking that by the time he hangs up his boots he wants a few of these to polish.

FA Cup, League cup, Europa League medals would probably end up rusting away in the bottom drawer.

Would love Mbappe to come to the club. He has a better all round game than Haaland, but loses out on the goal ratio stats, but his is still very good.

Haaland coming to the Premier League would be great, just to hear how many variations of incorrect pronunciation of his name there would be every week :)

View attachment 563713
No one is worth that amount of money. It is insane that anyone would consider paying someone £600k a week for playing a game. :colors::colors::roll:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
No one is worth that amount of money. It is insane that anyone would consider paying someone £600k a week for playing a game. :colors::colors::roll:
Let alone £375,000 which apparently is what De Gea is on.
Just think in our lifetime players use to catch the bus with the fans to the match.
I posted some time ago that the old Leeds keeper David Harvey was a postman after he finished playing.
All this big money bollocks and foreign players flooding the game started with Sky and the PL, it has ruined the fundamental game.
How many players do you know from any other team in the PL? I don’t know who is a regular I could recognise most teams in my younger days, I struggle at times with Utd now.

Latest Threads