Manchester United FC

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
He's been there since the end of January. Two months is hardly "quite a while". Di Matteo took them to winning the CL, and look what happened.

Atletico have done reasonably well in the league in the season where Barca were in massive turmoil and Real are well past their best with the players they have, and even then they are being caught up extremely quickly.

Agree with you on this. Quick fixes in any capacity is likely to just paper over the still present issues.
Lets face it Utd are fecked, Matic given a three year contract earlier this season, feck me did Solskjaer actually say to Woodhead “I want to keep this slow midfielder who will only get slower in the next three years”?
Did Solskjaer think he was looking at the next Rio when he said to Woodward “Let’s get this Slab Head character, he’s fecking brilliant”. Jesus he makes Steve Bruce look fast who was a far superior player in all departments and scored goals but lacked a bit of pace, luckily he had Pallister with him, how have we gone from a pairing like that to these two?
As for Van Beek, I’m confused, did Solskjaer sanction the statement going because he thought he was a great player? What a waste of money, I’m not criticising the player because his confidence is probably zero, Solskjaer has turned a bright exciting player into a nervous wreck who hasn’t been given a chance.
Yesterday was a fecking joke on how to feck up a cup run. He had a good win against Milan but then changed the team, did he rest those he left out? No he brought them on when it was to late and why Fred was on the pitch for that length of time is simply mystifying.

Remind me what’s he won since?

And what did he see in this Slab Head? We have gone from a captain like Roy Keane to this.
He's won exactly the same as Tuchel. Point being you were trying to suggest that Tuchel had been a game changer for the rent boys, when in fact, its (currently) just a bounce. No different to when OGS came in.

We haven't gone from Keano to McGuire. We went from Keano, to Nev, to Vida, to the Boy Scouse, to Micky Carrick, to Valencia to Ashley Young and (finally) to McGuire. You can argue that it represents the decline of the club since Fergie left, certainly from TBS onwards. What you can't argue is that its somehow all OGS' fault.

Now the dust has settled on yet another defeat in a cup competition, not even made it to the semi I can’t help but look at Chelsea and think, why can’t our board act?
Why can’t we get a proven manager? Why do we stick with this buffoon?
If Utd don‘t act we can forget about any decent signings, we should be worried about keeping our best players, they’ll want out if Solskjaer isn’t out.
Is your glass half empty this morning...;)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Haven't you got some petrol bombs to be stocking up on before martial law is declared on Merseydive?
Leave him alone, he’s alright compared to most over that way.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Haven't you got some petrol bombs to be stocking up on before martial law is declared on Merseydive?
Barrel bombs for dropping on MU coaches off the A580 overbridge at Croxteth like the good old days. [Not]

Seriously, Mu were outplayed by Leicester , fred looked out of his depth, Pogba is a right whinging baby [double back flip with pike and roll because someone stood on his toe) vd Beek looks like he's scared when the ball comes near him and Telles looked like he would be at home playing for Sheffield.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
He's won exactly the same as Tuchel. Point being you were trying to suggest that Tuchel had been a game changer for the rent boys, when in fact, its (currently) just a bounce. No different to when OGS came in.

We haven't gone from Keano to McGuire. We went from Keano, to Nev, to Vida, to the Boy Scouse, to Micky Carrick, to Valencia to Ashley Young and (finally) to McGuire. You can argue that it represents the decline of the club since Fergie left, certainly from TBS onwards. What you can't argue is that its somehow all OGS' fault.
Oh thanks for the history lesson, Garry Neville and VIdic were fine players and good captains as was Carrick, it did start to decline from there in the captaincy stakes but it was a comparison I was making and yes Solskjaer did sign Slab Head and yes he did appoint him captain so that is his fault a bloody big black mark as he hasn’t the bollocks to rectify his mistake!

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Barrel bombs for dropping on MU coaches off the A580 overbridge at Croxteth like the good old days. [Not]

Seriously, Mu were outplayed by Leicester , fred looked out of his depth, Pogba is a right whinging baby [double back flip with pike and roll because someone stood on his toe) vd Beek looks like he's scared when the ball comes near him and Telles looked like he would be at home playing for Sheffield.
Wasn’t I taking stick for slating Fred when he arrived? I cut him some slack this season but my god he reverted to his usual skilful game in double quick time in that game yesterday.
Pogba, enough said, brilliant for 45 minutes in Milan back to his normal slow self in yesterday’s game, feck Solskjaer couldn’t wait to get him back in the team, the team that somehow managed to beat City and have a semi decent run without him, another reason why Solskjaer should go, he’s fecking inept at seeing what the average football supporter can plainly see.

Yes, we were. No-one sensible could deny it and that's why OGS has to own this one, because the root of it was the team selection. You can't expect to take on a Leicester midfield and forward line with a rusty, half-fit midfield - particularly one that has a tendency to start slowly and get worse.

Fred definitely had an off-day, but an unusual one for him. Telles was quite good and didn't really deserve to be subbed. Felt sorry for DvB - ball never got to him quick enough to do anything with, as Matic was playing and Pogba was in jogging mode.

Definitely one for OGS to ponder - and not repeat.

but it was a comparison I was making and yes Solskjaer did sign Slab Head and yes he did appoint him captain so that is his fault a bloody big black mark as he hasn’t the bollocks to rectify his mistake!
I'll just leave this here.

2018-2019 season.
League position 6th.
Goals for 65
Goals against 54.
GD 11

2019-2020 season.
League position 3rd
Goals for 66
Goals against 36.
GD 30

Two defenders brought in between the two campaigns. One wonders whether the significant (33% drop) in goals conceded could be related. McGuire is far from perfect, but he's not exactly Willem Prunier either.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Lets face it Utd are fecked, Matic given a three year contract earlier this season, feck me did Solskjaer actually say to Woodhead “I want to keep this slow midfielder who will only get slower in the next three years”?
Did Solskjaer think he was looking at the next Rio when he said to Woodward “Let’s get this Slab Head character, he’s fecking brilliant”. Jesus he makes Steve Bruce look fast who was a far superior player in all departments and scored goals but lacked a bit of pace, luckily he had Pallister with him, how have we gone from a pairing like that to these two?
As for Van Beek, I’m confused, did Solskjaer sanction the statement going because he thought he was a great player? What a waste of money, I’m not criticising the player because his confidence is probably zero, Solskjaer has turned a bright exciting player into a nervous wreck who hasn’t been given a chance.
Yesterday was a fecking joke on how to feck up a cup run. He had a good win against Milan but then changed the team, did he rest those he left out? No he brought them on when it was to late and why Fred was on the pitch for that length of time is simply mystifying.
None of which addresses anything that I wrote in the comment you replied to.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
None of which addresses anything that I wrote in the comment you replied to.
I know, I just stuck to what’s wrong with Utd at the moment, a change in football manager/coach might just address the problems.

Pogba needs to go.
Matic the same.
Slabhead needs to be gone a year ago... Tactically naive and massively poor decision making.

Henderson.. He's got to be challenging for that number 1 Jersey.

Martial. Glimpses of decent play, but too little too late.

The passing of the ball.. I've not seen so many intercepted passes in one game. Fred had a nightmare, every time he passed it went to the opposition.