Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manchester United FC

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I had better not tell you that although dominating you are not threatening to score
Olly has fecked around to much with the line up.
Sheffield Utd have only lost by the odd goal for most of the season, it will be difficult for Utd to win this match now.

Olly has fecked around to much with the line up.
Sheffield Utd have only lost by the odd goal for most of the season, it will be difficult for Utd to win this match now.

I shouldn’t have called you Uncle Albert.

You are definitely Frasier

1611783962902.jpeg

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
And this is why I want Olly out. Losing at home to the bottom club is NOT what Pl winners do.
Glad I couldn’t resist listening I won’t be watching MOD tonight.

It's happened before and it'll happen again. I remember defeats against Derby and Ipswich for SAF. This one is on OGS for leaving Matic on. You simply can't play someone that limited anymore. Fred or McT should have been on after H/T.

But that's how you learn as a manager. Oh no, wait, let's sack him and get Fat Fwankie or some other name. Rafa is available I believe.....

I'll say it again, I just don't think OGS can get the best out of what he has, that is the absolute key requirement of a top class manager (it's like me sitting there with 11 pints of extra strength lager and still not be able to get pissed) but the board seem like they are never going to admit this simple truth, why oh why but I just don't know.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
It's happened before and it'll happen again. I remember defeats against Derby and Ipswich for SAF. This one is on OGS for leaving Matic on. You simply can't play someone that limited anymore. Fred or McT should have been on after H/T.

But that's how you learn as a manager. Oh no, wait, let's sack him and get Fat Fwankie or some other name. Rafa is available I believe.....
He’s had long enough and if you can see it Olly should damn we’ll see it, if not he’s not fecking fit for purpose.
Be interesting to see what happens in the next game.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I'll say it again, I just don't think OGS can get the best out of what he has, that is the absolute key requirement of a top class manager (it's like me sitting there with 11 pints of extra strength lager and still not be able to get pissed) but the board seem like they are never going to admit this simple truth, why oh why but I just don't know.
Feck, you’ll be an expensive date, 11 pints you say:-?

He's had long enough in your opinion. Not mine. Seen SAF lose those type of games for similar reasons - trying to rest players and once momentum lost in the match, hard to get back.

Obviously (according to BTS) it's the "shock of the season". It's all hype.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
He's had long enough in your opinion. Not mine. Seen SAF lose those type of games for similar reasons - trying to rest players and once momentum lost in the match, hard to get back.

Obviously (according to BTS) it's the "shock of the season". It's all hype.
Do you honestly think that Utd and Olly are as good as their league position would say?
Just look at our goal difference compared to the clubs around us, that says a lot.

I'm not looking for excuses to sack him. I'm looking for reasons why we have those occasional - and they are occasional - results. Those reasons are largely down to individual players. Rio just called it - Matic and one or two others, lazy.

Feck, you’ll be an expensive date, 11 pints you say:-?

Don't worry, I can get the best out of a lot less than a full compliment of eleven, pints that is.

But on a serious note the suggestion that OGS needs more time (how much more?) and to argue against change means leaving him in charge and if he is not up to the job then that seems like an even bigger mistake. What sense does it make to keep someone in the chair who I think many imagine is above his rank ceiling?

The other question I'll ask again is if OGS really is a star manager in the making which other top club does anyone think he would be invited to manage once his time at Utd. is up? What is it the believers see that shows he is the man? What are the rest of us missing?

I refer you to the Goblin who's just taken over at Chelsea. There is no guarantee that being wanted by a big club means you're going to be a successful manager.

Latest Threads