Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manchester United FC

From OGS comment on speaking to Fred at half time it goes "we (meaning Fred and him) spoke about staying calm". This seems to sum up OGS to me, he is behaving more like a Young People's Outreach Coordinator rather than a leader. He needs to stop trying to be everyone's friend and making the world a nice, warm and fluffy place for them, but I don't think he has that in him.

Time will tell but we do seem to be having the same conversation every other week, and I don't know why anyone expects a plan that does not work to suddenly spring into life if we just keep retrying it.

I see others point out that Utd. could go through, move up the PL etc. if this or that happens but none of that papers over the cracks and leaves me asking where we might have been with a capable manager, someone who can get (and keep) the right team on the pitch, make tough decisions when needed, someone who can get the team to perform out of their skins. I don't see any of this in OGS, nice guy that he is.

Last edited:
Top of your Champions League qualifying group, and if you win your game in hand in the PL you’ll be third equal (fourth on GD).

And you’re all whining like feck.

Jeez.
We're second in our group, with the real possibility of a poor performance away from getting knocked out of the CL, from a postion where we played should've gone through.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
Top of your Champions League qualifying group, and if you win your game in hand in the PL you’ll be third equal (fourth on GD).

Jeez.

???

1607012405131.png

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Jeez.
Just think where we’d be if we had a decent coach and tactician.

Edited. Just read what @Fiona_TG wrote and I agree 100%.

Just think where we’d be if we had a decent coach and tactician.

Edited. Just read what @Fiona_TG wrote and I agree 100%.

Perhaps OGS will try something else, maybe next time he'll create a safe space for the the team to relax and listen to whale sounds, think of calm blue ocean etc. and as they step out onto the pitch, encourage everyone into a group hug, chant a few oms and form an inclusive, non judgmental consensus on how to play the match ahead.

Most importantly, remind them they should not think about winning or losing, that doesn't matter as the point of them being there is to stay safe and have fun., no-one is going to play the blame game.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Perhaps OGS will try something else, maybe next time he'll create a safe space for the the team to relax and listen to whale sounds, think of calm blue ocean etc. and as they step out onto the pitch, encourage everyone into a group hug, chant a few oms and form an inclusive, non judgmental consensus on how to play the match ahead.

Most importantly, remind them they should not think about winning or losing, that doesn't matter as the point of them being there is to stay safe and have fun., no-one is going to play the blame game.
What odds it actually happens in training:???:

BBC website had them top - presumably on GD. Is that not how it works in the CL?

Thank goodness my club doesn’t have the sort of problems that Manchester United have. Currently a massive 9 points above the relegation places in League Two. Sorry if that makes you jealous!
Goes off points in the head to head record rather than goal difference first.

I don't see any change with any future managers unless they can alter the way things are done further up the chain until then you could put God in charge and the end result will be the same.

Quite agree it is a poisoned chalice, and for anyone considering the job that might be a key consideration.

I am still not convinced though that OGS is getting the best out of what he has, it is the leadership qualities of smart use of and ability to galvanise those you have to do the job that I just don't see. If he isn't that person then that is just who he is, we would see the same OGS regardless of who owns/runs the club. I think you could give him another 10 years and things wouldn't change.

The way I put this earlier in the thread is which clubs (if they are in the market at the time) do you think will be fighting for his services once his time at Utd is up? Real, Barca, Juve, Bayern, a top PL club? No is my thought, and as much as anything that will be because they just don't see anything that makes him a candidate.

So in summary then the Glazers, Woodward and OGS are all parts of the same problem, the whole thing needs fixing otherwise Utd will only ever be able to feast on the odd crumb from the table.

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
And he’s gone and done it.

Pogba starts. Fernandes on the bench. V Beek starts. No Fred?

i have a few questions, is Fred injured, I’m not his number one fan but credit where it’s due he’s played quite well recently so I wonder why he is not featuring?

Donny starts, hooray but with Pogba alongside him it’s going to be a tough match for the lad.

Rashford on the bench so three up front and and only three in midfield, with only three in midfield and one of those Pogba I think we may be in for a tough evening.

Solskjaar on about his team selection saying that the ones on the bench have slight injuries, well if they are fit enough for the bench they are fit enough to play.

Full line ups.

West Ham​

• 1Fabianski
  • 4Balbuena
  • 21Ogbonna
  • 3Cresswell
  • 5Coufal
  • 41Rice
  • 28Soucek
  • 26Masuaku
  • 20Bowen
  • 18Fornals
  • 22Haller

Substitutes​

• 9Benrahma
  • 10Lanzini
  • 11Snodgrass
  • 16Noble
  • 23Diop
  • 31Johnson
  • 35Randolph

Man Utd​

• 26Henderson
  • 29Wan-Bissaka
  • 2Lindelöf
  • 5Maguire
  • 27Telles
  • 39McTominay
  • 6Pogba
  • 11Greenwood
  • 34van de Beek
  • 9Martial
  • 7Cavani

Substitutes​

• 8Mata
  • 10Rashford
  • 13Grant
  • 18Bruno Fernandes
  • 31Matic
  • 33Williams
  • 38Tuanzebe

Last edited:

jg505

War Hero
And he’s gone and done it.

Pogba starts. Fernandes on the bench. V Beek starts. No Fred?

i have a few questions, is Fred injured, I’m not his number one fan but credit where it’s due he’s played quite well recently so I wonder why he is not featuring?

Donny starts, hooray but with Pogba alongside him it’s going to be a tough match for the lad.

Rashford on the bench so three up front and and only three in midfield, with only three in midfield and one of those Pogba I think we may be in for a tough evening.

Solskjaar on about his team selection saying that the ones on the bench have slight injuries, well if they are fit enough for the bench they are fit enough to play.

Full line ups.

West Ham​

• 1Fabianski
  • 4Balbuena
  • 21Ogbonna
  • 3Cresswell
  • 5Coufal
  • 41Rice
  • 28Soucek
  • 26Masuaku
  • 20Bowen
  • 18Fornals
  • 22Haller

Substitutes​

• 9Benrahma
  • 10Lanzini
  • 11Snodgrass
  • 16Noble
  • 23Diop
  • 31Johnson
  • 35Randolph

Man Utd​

• 26Henderson
  • 29Wan-Bissaka
  • 2Lindelöf
  • 5Maguire
  • 27Telles
  • 39McTominay
  • 6Pogba
  • 11Greenwood
  • 34van de Beek
  • 9Martial
  • 7Cavani

Substitutes​

• 8Mata
  • 10Rashford
  • 13Grant
  • 18Bruno Fernandes
  • 31Matic
  • 33Williams
  • 38Tuanzebe
Does OGS have one eye on the midweek CL game, with resting Fernandes?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Does OGS have one eye on the midweek CL game, with resting Fernandes?
I don’t know, but why not play Mata instead of Pogba???????????????:frustrated::pissedoff::pissedoff:

I don’t know, but why not play Mata instead of Pogba???????????????:frustrated::pissedoff::pissedoff:
Because Mata wouldn't live with the battle they're going to have with that midfield. Doesn't mean Pogba will either but at least he's got the tools.

This is when you realise why Fred plays every week.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Because Mata wouldn't live with the battle they're going to have with that midfield. Doesn't mean Pogba will either but at least he's got the tools.

This is when you realise why Fred plays every week.
Have you been watching? Pogba giving the ball away so easily. He’s fecking hopeless. And I did acknowledge why Fred is now playing, one of the best improved players in the PL, but he did start from a very low base line.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Good start by West Ham, I'm hearing.
It is they are winning the midfield battle and Utds passing is not very good, Cavani is doing well putting himself about and showing good movement.
West Ham just hit the post.

Latest Threads