Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manchester United FC

Rashy gets the headlines, but as a team was where that was won. Don't think DDG had more than a couple of saves.

We won the physical battle against a high energy team. You could tell from the first five mins they were all up for it, even Pogba. Fred was everywhere winning second, third balls - a real Makalele (or Remi for us old farts) performance.

Very happy with that.

1603927447866.png

Great win. Hope Arsenal are worried. Somebody please tell the Leipzig manager that Rab C Nesbit's pal, Jamesie, wants his jacket back.

1603927522386.png

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
@Gout Man is very quite. Nothing to moan about tonight obviously.
I didn’t see the match (No BT Sports), didn’t listen to the match and was watching a good film last night. Didn’t see the result till late and was to tired to comment.
what can I say? I’ve read the comments on here and by all accounts it appears Utd played very well which is obviously very good.
what I would say is, any chance of a bit of consistency? A bit more of this week in week out, not the five goals I wouldn’t expect that but what I would expect from Manchester United is good team play like last night and what they showed against PSG, these performances need to be shown week in week out in the PL.
I hope that meets @wheel satisfaction.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I quickly chatted with my dad last night about the game.....and he likened Fred's performance to Nobby Stiles, terrier like.....at least we're not quite that old ;-)
Cough.

RIP United legend and World Cup winner Norbert Stiles...Everything you'd want in a midfield destroyer, but so much more than that. Tough as nails and blind as a bat, but as Sir Alf said, no Nobby Stiles, no World Cup!

jg505

War Hero
RIP United legend and World Cup winner Norbert Stiles...Everything you'd want in a midfield destroyer, but so much more than that. Tough as nails and blind as a bat, but as Sir Alf said, no Nobby Stiles, no World Cup!
Yeah, just seen it on the news. RiP Nobby. An England and United legend.

A good man to have on your side........and all that implies.

RIP

jg505

War Hero
Just to put this into perspective, so that our younger readers can understand:

"He remains one of only three Englishmen, alongside Charlton and former Liverpool player Ian Callaghan, to win both the World Cup and European Cup".

Not a goal scorer, so never received the accolade they do, but an absolute 100% Utd legend.

Just to add, I don't think Ian Callaghan played in the WC final. So, alongside Bobby Charlton, the only two English men to win WC and EC, and actually play in the finals are Bobby Charlton and Nobby Stiles. Both Utd legends........

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Just to put this into perspective, so that our younger readers can understand:

"He remains one of only three Englishmen, alongside Charlton and former Liverpool player Ian Callaghan, to win both the World Cup and European Cup".

Not a goal scorer, so never received the accolade they do, but an absolute 100% Utd legend.

Just to add, I don't think Ian Callaghan played in the WC final. So, alongside Bobby Charlton, the only two English men to win WC and EC, and actually play in the finals are Bobby Charlton and Nobby Stiles. Both Utd legends.........which is why Manchester United will always be the greatest English football team ever.

Very upsetting news, one of my dad’s favourite players, I just remember seeing Nobby and Utd play in 69 maybe 1970 season, they were obviously past their best but for a small kid it was just great. My dad was a St John ambulance chap at OT and had been for years so getting in and having a good vantage point was no problem. Happy days.
My dad would say that Nobby in his prime was so quick, and when he did accidently miss time a tackle the look of innocence on his face fooled most refs and only a free kick was given, he was a true great who stopped the opposition, he could pass the ball and that’s what he did, freeing up Charlton to do what he did best alongside Best and Law.
Another great sadly gone, RIP Nobby.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Sir Bobby is ill with dementia, what a shame that such a great player and great man off the the pitch and ambassador for the game at large has succumbed to this horrible disease.
We can’t even wish him well, having had a couple of relatives suffer this I can confirm that this a nasty way to end your life.
What a week, first Nobby now this and in the world of rugby J J Williams.
I hope that this afternoon we put on a display which would make Nobby and Bobby proud.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Well this is pretty awful. Fred off and Matic on, that should make a difference :slow:
Van Beek must be awful in training because if ever a game called out for a bit of movement and energy this is it and Matic isn’t going to bring that.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Pogba back to his best, he hasn’t done anything of note all game and then gives away a penalty.
0-1 Arsenal.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh Solskjaer bottles taking off Pogba and takes off Fernandes for Van Beek.

Now were Utd really that good in midweek or were PSG just shit?

Be honest now.

Latest Threads