Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manchester United FC

I remember something like this been talked about ten years or so ago. The worrying thing now is that it appears to have taken off secretly and reading that report it appears to be pretty close to happening, Covid might put a stop to it though(every cloud).
I for one completely agree with J Carragher and his tweet. I can’t think of anything more boring, honestly I’d rather watch Utd play Everton, Villa, Wolves, Spurs, West Ham the list goes on than teams I know nothing about.
Do they expect fans to pay £1,000’s on flights as well as tickets and accommodation for this crappy idea?
Just when the world is in the grips of the most serious pandemic since gawd knows when, the financial markets are nosediving, and football at lower levels is seriously under threat, peoples jobs and livelihoods are threatened FIFFA and our so called big clubs come up with this insane idea, well I say “FIFFA STICK IT UP YOUR COLLECTIVE ARSES”.
Message to Woodward, for discussing this, you are a nasty treacherous little oink whose job is to run Utd not get involved in nasty deals like this. Is it any wonder we don’t get deals done quickly, too busy discussing big projects like this, do us a favour and feck off!

It looks closer now than it ever has done, lots of behind the doors greasing of wheels to stitch the whole thing up. FIFA will become the premier footballing body in Europe while those competitions that UEFA manage will be the sort of things that are considered second tier. It is a real threat to them, another shameless bunch it has to be said but not quite as shameless as FIFA.

jg505

War Hero
A report that makes me think that the state of football is getting more sorry by the day, whether it comes off or not, just the fact that this is desired by some tells me this lot would sell their own grannies and not lose one moment of sleep over it.

TBH, from what I can recall, United have always been against a European PL.

Sadly, though, with the Glazers in charge, and obviously money a major factor, who knows what might happen now.

Playing teams as far away as Asia, (look at the map) but somehow they are in Europe, how Israel qualifies as European is beyond me.
I still call it The European Cup, yes I suppose if they didn’t let clubs in who actually didn’t finish as champions the Utd wouldn’t have won it in 99 but I hate the way football is going.
Check out a typical Man Utd crowd, and you will see banners with Salford Reds, Surrey Reds or Sligo Reds. When we played in Kazakhstan, I was expecting our Asian Red Army to turn up. They must have loved having a United game on their doorstep - a proper competitive game, not a pre-season friendly Asian tour. I was expecting to see Singapore, Shanghai and Seoul Reds, as well as some Asian-based backpackers, taking over the stadium.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Check out a typical Man Utd crowd, and you will see banners with Salford Reds, Surrey Reds or Sligo Reds. When we played in Kazakhstan, I was expecting our Asian Red Army to turn up. They must have loved having a United game on their doorstep - a proper competitive game, not a pre-season friendly Asian tour. I was expecting to see Singapore, Shanghai and Seoul Reds, as well as some Asian-based backpackers, taking over the stadium.
Thumbs up for the fan base, UNITED, there really is only ONE UNITED.
The biggest fan base in the world.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh god Slab Head recalled.

1-3 Chelsea.
Edited 25 minutes in and, gawd this is fecking boring.

Last edited:
Nice WWE neck hold there, compliments Pickfords drop kick perfectly :)

There are 5 teams with “United“ in their name in the Premier League. If you look at them as a mini league of “Uniteds “, the Manchester one are currently in fourth position of the five.

Leeds are top.

Only saying.

There are 5 teams with “United“ in their name in the Premier League. If you look at them as a mini league of “Uniteds “, the Manchester one are currently in fourth position of the five.

Leeds are top.

Only saying.

Ignoring theres three points between them and Man U a game in hand.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Er, what was that, I just woke up.
Feck that was the most boring Utd v Chelsea match I’ve seen in a while, actually it was bloody awful.
First time since 1972 that Utd haven’t won a home league match in their first three home games.
Normal service resumed.

jg505

War Hero
Er, what was that, I just woke up.
Feck that was the most boring Utd v Chelsea match I’ve seen in a while, actually it was bloody awful.
First time since 1972 that Utd haven’t won a home league match in their first three home games.
Normal service resumed.
At least we didn't lose and, from what I saw, looked the more likelier to score......every cloud and all that ;-)

...as for Donny van de Beek I wonder if Donny Osmond has a better chance of playing a match for 90 minutes?

On the subject Oli mentioned that he was more or less a permanent fixture on the subs bench in his day and it did him no harm, not the sort of thing that (Utd's) Donny or his agent will have wanted to hear I guess. Don't these people discuss and agree what to expect before anyone puts pen to paper?

At this rate it could be worth a fiver punt on Donny being on his way before the end of next season without really having got his kit muddy in the meantime.

jg505

War Hero
...as for Donny van de Beek I wonder if Donny Osmond has a better chance of playing a match for 90 minutes?

On the subject Oli mentioned that he was more or less a permanent fixture on the subs bench in his day and it did him no harm, not the sort of thing that (Utd's) Donny or his agent will have wanted to hear I guess. Don't these people discuss and agree what to expect before anyone puts pen to paper?

At this rate it could be worth a fiver punt on Donny being on his way before the end of next season without really having got his kit muddy in the meantime.
I think the purchase of Donny was nothing more than a knee jerk reaction by the Utd board.

Another fine example of our non existence long term strategy.

In other words, just plain embarrassing.

I think the purchase of Donny was nothing more than a knee jerk reaction by the Utd board.

Another fine example of our non existence long term strategy.

In other words, just plain embarrassing.

Indeed, and as the season goes on how will this all be justified by those who are at present saying he has a bright future at Utd? Cue embarrassed and bewildered can't understand what went wrong responses.

Surely any player contemplating a move to Utd. will be warned off by all that goes on there at present. I am not sure why agents wouldn't want to include lots of get out of jail free cards into a contract such as if their player (assuming match fit etc. does not get so many full games a season then they have the right to exit.

As I say it seems to me players move to Utd. without any agreement of what they can expect when there, resulting in acrimonious "I thought this but they thought that" kind of headlines, but if nothing was agreed or put in writing in the first place then you are at the mercy of the club.

Nowhere else would this happen, no-one in the real world gets paid a fortune to work for some organisation then told they won't really have to do anything for months on end while on full mega-pay. It is not like these guys are turning up for basic training, they have been round the block a bit.

As I recall when you got posted in somewhere as a REME bod you have about a day to get your admin sorted then you were at the coalface.. Imagine saying to boss, "give me a couple of months to ease my way into the team and just get the lay of the land then I'll see how I can help".

Last edited:

Latest Threads