Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manchester United FC

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
We fecking missed it, I’ll stick with it if I were you.

It`s VAR which is spoiling the enjoyment of the game. After the lunchtime debacle with Pickfords assault on Van Dyke and Mane`s perfectly good goal scrubbed, the system and it`s users are ruining the game.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
It`s VAR which is spoiling the enjoyment of the game. After the lunchtime debacle with Pickfords assault on Van Dyke and Mane`s perfectly good goal scrubbed, the system and it`s users are ruining the game.
I’ve been saying that since it started. The only technology football needs is goal line technology, is it or is it not a goal.
Its a game played by humans and refereed by humans, players make mistakes so do refs. The game survived for over a hundred years without VAR, VAR will destroy it.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Got an 89/90th minute winner for Newcastle written all over it, with all chances missed by Man Utd
I’m tempted to agree, surprised that dirty git Shelvey hasn’t been booked yet, oh feck.
Pogba about to come on. That’s it.

I disagree about VAR. It definitely has the potential to enhance the game, but right now the authorities have implemented it so poorly, in that they hampered the jobs of the lines(wo)man, and referee.

It needs to be a tool used similary to how rugby uses a TMO.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I disagree about VAR. It definitely has the potential to enhance the game, but right now the authorities have implemented it so poorly, in that they hampered the jobs of the lines(wo)man, and referee.

It needs to be a tool used similary to how rugby uses a TMO.
We got that one wrong:-D The score not VaR.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I honestly didn’t see this scoreline.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Pleased for AWB to score on his 50th appearance for us. Two assists for Rashford too.
Four, see I told you Olle had it in him to bounce back.

Ok maybe I didn’t quite say that:-D

I always jib in to St James's Park, with great ease. But no way was I getting in tonight. They had fenced off all the stairways and approaches to the entrances, and plenty of security patrolling around. Even Richard Burton in Where Eagles Dare, or Sho Kosugi in Revenge Of The Ninja would not have got in. At least the Nazis during the Second World War did not have CCTV on the Schloss Adler.
So, I was lucky to find a stool in the Strawberry nearby, and 6 fellow Reds in there. Some mad Geordie bitch kicked off, knocking over drinks, and was slung out with her b/f by the barmaids. Ha ha!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Pogba is on the subs bench. Is the writing on the wall for him.
I’d give an excellent if he were back in Manchester awaiting a flight to Barcelona or Madrid.
As you say has Solskjaer finally seen what we fans have been seeing since the twat came back?
Time will tell.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Just checked the result, we only went and fecking won:number1:
Having not seen the match did Pogba get on?

Very good result, with some very good performances from certain players.

De Gea had some good saves. Wan-Bissaka demonstrated some excellent defending, with even Pogba actually injecting some extra energy into the team when he came on.

Leipzig will be a challenge, but my confidence has tentatively increased a smidge.

Latest Threads