Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manchester United FC

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
1601381791034.png

The trouble with Solskjaer is that he can’t set up a team to win and win convincingly.
Ive just watched Leicester v City, 2-5 to Leicester and although three of them goals were penalties the method of play shown by Leicester was brilliant, for the life of me I can not see in a month of Sundays Solskjaer having the footballing nouse to pull that off, and all penalties were nailed on no arguments.
We struggled to a win over Brighton and were vert very fortunate. It’s just not down to Woodward, he doesn’t take the training or pick the side or dictate the tactics, that is down to the manager. Yes we need a centre half Lindlehof is not up to it and yet Solskjaer continues to play him, isn’t Smalling fit? Roma still want him, we want Sancho yet he’s still playing for Dortmund.
Yes we need a footballing director we knew that two three seasons ago but that’s Woodhead for you, in the meantime we at least should have a tactical bit of brain and management in the dug out, sadly its missing.

Which is why I wrote that this has been coming from the top down, and that there is blame that can apportioned to lots of different aspects of the club hierarchy and downwards to the players etc.

Yep, Ole is tactically naïve and is not going to be the one to bring us to the old level the club used to hit, but if there was some forward thinking applied, he could be well suited to being the transitional manager, whilst the club sorts itself out structurally, financially and strategically on and off the pitch. That way, the next manager can come into a club that is moving forward and surpass the other clubs, rather than fighting so hard to catch up/stay with them.

Simplistic yes, but just my view on it

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Which is why I wrote that this has been coming from the top down, and that there is blame that can apportioned to lots of different aspects of the club hierarchy and downwards to the players etc.

Yep, Ole is tactically naïve and is not going to be the one to bring us to the old level the club used to hit, but if there was some forward thinking applied, he could be well suited to being the transitional manager, whilst the club sorts itself out structurally, financially and strategically on and off the pitch. That way, the next manager can come into a club that is moving forward and surpass the other clubs, rather than fighting so hard to catch up/stay with them.

Simplistic yes, but just my view on it
I like it,ok you’ve sold it to me but just for this season mind you. You know who I would like to see as the football director? JordI Cruyff, he has held similar roles all be it at smaller clubs but he has his head screwed on like his father did and of course spend time with us so knows the history.
I think he would make an excellent director of football getting rid of players and buying them on the say so of the manager, he’s a footballing man who knows how to operate at board level.
Will it happen? Did I win the lotto last week?

The answer is the same, here’s a clue:confused:.

:slow:

I like it,ok you’ve sold it to me but just for this season mind you. You know who I would like to see as the football director? JordI Cruyff, he has held similar roles all be it at smaller clubs but he has his head screwed on like his father did and of course spend time with us so knows the history.
I think he would make an excellent director of football getting rid of players and buying them on the say so of the manager, he’s a footballing man who knows how to operate at board level.
Will it happen? Did I win the lotto last week?

The answer is the same, here’s a clue:confused:.

:slow:

I hadn't considered him at all, but now you've mentioned him, I do like that idea a lot.

Tough group for the UCL. PSG, RB Leipzig and Istanbul Basaksehir.

Going to be a tough ask to keep Mbappe and Neymar quiet I think.

Look on the bright side, not having the knock out stages to worry about you can concentrate on getting that 4th spot in the league.

Big sounds coming from rumour mill that Cavani is coming in a free transfer. Looks like yet another short term signing of a past their peak striker. I despair at the transfer dealings this club has had over the past 7 years

pc flaps

Old-Salt
Big sounds coming from rumour mill that Cavani is coming in a free transfer. Looks like yet another short term signing of a past their peak striker. I despair at the transfer dealings this club has had over the past 7 years

I don't have a dog in the fight, but this is huge mistake imo. Cavani will be 34 next February! His prime is well gone and this is a signing to appease the fans "see, we did sign a big name player after all".

I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but here goes

Ihopeyoubeatspurs

There, I said it. Now, I was never here.

jg505

Old-Salt
It's painful watching United in the transfer market. Once again, words fail me.

Is the money actually there to buy quality players or is the club just a big cash cow for the Glazers?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
This Canofcrap or whatever his fecking name is can stay in Paris.
Just wtf is Woodward and Judge playing at ffs? We want a winger, apparantly a right winger a young right winger preferably British. We also really do need a left back and centre half.
I wake up to headlines of that dozy twat (I’m been very very polite here) Woodward signing this over the hill forward from S America, what part of the “new philosophy does this fit?
Has Solskjaer had any say in this? Has he feck as like, he should resign over this and tell the board and the Glaziers that they are ruining the club, destroying it and its heart breaking to see how it’s been run and treated.
Is there nothing we can do to get rid of these parasites? Legally that is

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
It's painful watching United in the transfer market. Once again, words fail me.

Is the money actually there to buy quality players or is the club just a big cash cow for the Glazers?
It’s a fecking money making machine for those parasites in America who have installed the biggest brown nosed twat in Woodward to destroy the footballing side of our once great club.

jg505

Old-Salt
I was talking about the whole Glazer's issue with my sister. An almost life long season ticket holder. I'm talking from the early Tommy Docherty days until recent.

I said to her, "Surely if the fans stayed away, they (the Glazers) would have to listen?"

Sadly she said, "Utd's attraction is so strong, even in the Championship they'd get bigger home gates than LFC and Citeh".

Sad thing is, she's absolutely spot on. The Glazers really bought well when they bought United. Fcuking spam cnuts.

Cavani always has been a quality player. But he's not really what we need (which is a defensive CM, a pacy centre-back and ideally a couple of full-backs who are able to use either foot). Jadon Sancho is not what we need either. However, if he's more like Ibra than Falcao and is prepared to be an impact sub, fair enough.

What we have to stop is the endless negativity. We're just about to play our third league game of the season - a season where the lads finished about a month after everyone else. The games so far haven't been great to watch (Wednesday was tortuous despite the scoreline), but FFS it's only three games in. We keep piling into OGS at the first hint of trouble, either because he's not the right exotic foreigner or because Ewar Woowar hasn't got him the players we think we need and all it does is create needless angst.

Support the team and the manager. If at the end of this season, we're still miles off, fair enough a parting of the ways will be in order - and we can all wheel out our lists of who should be it and why and it can all start again. We have got to give him some time and some credit to sort it out. Chopping and changing in the vain hope of finding the right answer is unlikely to be the way forward.

There's no need to panic at this point. It's not like we haven't won the league for thirty years or been battered at home by Leicester (though Palace was painful). OGS has presided over the longest winning run for a new prem manager and a run that took us from nowhere to an unlikely third, which suggests that the issue is consistency. Something that gets fixed by consistency, not constant change.

wheel

LE
AF was a proven winner. For the umpteenth time you can not compare Sir Alex with Solskjaer who wouldn’t be near OT had he not played for Utd.
So were the last two mangers that you had. The grass is not always greener. Give Ole some time he will come good. Either that or start watching tennis.

Latest Threads