Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manchester United FC

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
99th minute penalty? I see Fergie time is back - if you can’t win fairly, cheat.

How was that cheating? The man handballed it in the box, so the penalty was justified.

(Just let's not hear any United fans moan about VAR for the rest of the season, on the occasions when it doesn't work out in their favour, eh?)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Didn’t see the game, why the extra 10 minutes?
I might watch it on MOD, see how I feel.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
VAR, VAR and.........oh, yeah that's right, VAR.
I see, pity the fecking ref and linesmen don’t see it first time.
This VAR is ruining the game, we all liked arguing over decisions when you were back at work with your mates.
This is just taking the fun and enjoyment out of the game.
The most technologically we should have is goal line tech, is it or is it not a goal.
I want my game back, and stop kneeing before kick of ffs. Enough is enough!

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
I see, pity the fecking ref and linesmen don’t see it first time.
This VAR is ruining the game, we all liked arguing over decisions when you were back at work with your mates.
This is just taking the fun and enjoyment out of the game.
The most technologically we should have is goal line tech, is it or is it not a goal.
I want my game back, and stop kneeing before kick of ffs. Enough is enough!

Believe me, if it had ended when the final whistle was blown at 95 minutes, you would have been crying in your beer and whining like a baby.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Believe me, if it had ended when the final whistle was blown at 95 minutes, you would have been crying in your beer and whining like a baby.
Why? If it helps get a decent manager I would have no qualms what so ever.

Why? If it helps get a decent manager I would have no qualms what so ever.

OGS did a good job for you last season. Especially given that the top two clubs were virtually out of sight. And he seems to be a thoroughly decent man, with Manchester United running through his veins. I’d suggest that the club should invest some trust and faith in him, and give him time. What’s the alternative? Get in another Moyes or Mourinho or Van Gaal, and sack them after 6 months when you don’t get instant results?

How long was AF in place before he won his first trophy?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
How long was AF in place before he won his first trophy?
AF was a proven winner. For the umpteenth time you can not compare Sir Alex with Solskjaer who wouldn’t be near OT had he not played for Utd.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
OGS did a good job for you last season. Especially given that the top two clubs were virtually out of sight. And he seems to be a thoroughly decent man, with Manchester United running through his veins. I’d suggest that the club should invest some trust and faith in him, and give him time. What’s the alternative? Get in another Moyes or Mourinho or Van Gaal, and sack them after 6 months when you don’t get instant results?
Utd stumbled across the CL qualifying position finishing third because Leicester and Brenda for some reason fell apart.
I have no faith in him, today’s lucky win sums him up, just look at our pathetic exit from the cup last season.

Well that’s the LiVARpool debat3 done and dusted for the season then ^~

United have tried the "decent" managers strategy since 2013, and every one has ended in some kind of failure, which the club then used to lurch in the opposite direction with a different "decent" manager.

A new manager, will simply walk into the same issues that Ole currently has. The defence is awful, Woodward still can't get transfer deals done, too many poor attitudes etc.

The club still needs to sort out the footballing director position that never materialised. It needs the entire club to be going in the same direction, with a clear plan, and an idea of how to implement that plan in the long term, not just the next couple of seasons. Man Utd has let itself fall from setting the example of sustained success, to being well behind the curve in many areas. Another new manager coming in without all that at least starting to be rectified, is just another man who will be gone within a couple of seasons at best.

The short term thinking stems straight from the Glazers not realising, or simply not caring enough to perhaps consider missing out on their millions they are pocketing out of the club, that could actually end up helping the club by being left in there, and make them even more money from success on the pitch in the future.

Yesterday was a good result, in spite of yet another poor performance from many of the players. At least Ole now is willing to actually take players like Pogba off, rather than vainly hoping he bothers for 20 seconds and hits an assist/winner.

jg505

Old-Salt
Well that’s the LiVARpool debat3 done and dusted for the season then ^~
I know we all like to take the piss out of our opposition,; LiVARpool and Utd, especially with the old Fergie time but, whilst I think VAR has its benefits, I'm really not sure what the chuff is going on with handball incidents leading to penalties.

Last week, Palace's penalty was extremely contentious and the one they gave away to Everton yesterday was even worse.

I do think, however, that it got it right both times yesterday. Brighton's Connolly spent more time diving than Tom Daley and Maupay was clear handball.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
United have tried the "decent" managers strategy since 2013, and every one has ended in some kind of failure, which the club then used to lurch in the opposite direction with a different "decent" manager.

A new manager, will simply walk into the same issues that Ole currently has. The defence is awful, Woodward still can't get transfer deals done, too many poor attitudes etc.

The club still needs to sort out the footballing director position that never materialised. It needs the entire club to be going in the same direction, with a clear plan, and an idea of how to implement that plan in the long term, not just the next couple of seasons. Man Utd has let itself fall from setting the example of sustained success, to being well behind the curve in many areas. Another new manager coming in without all that at least starting to be rectified, is just another man who will be gone within a couple of seasons at best.

The short term thinking stems straight from the Glazers not realising, or simply not caring enough to perhaps consider missing out on their millions they are pocketing out of the club, that could actually end up helping the club by being left in there, and make them even more money from success on the pitch in the future.

Yesterday was a good result, in spite of yet another poor performance from many of the players. At least Ole now is willing to actually take players like Pogba off, rather than vainly hoping he bothers for 20 seconds and hits an assist/winner.
The trouble with Solskjaer is that he can’t set up a team to win and win convincingly.
Ive just watched Leicester v City, 2-5 to Leicester and although three of them goals were penalties the method of play shown by Leicester was brilliant, for the life of me I can not see in a month of Sundays Solskjaer having the footballing nouse to pull that off, and all penalties were nailed on no arguments.
We struggled to a win over Brighton and were vert very fortunate. It’s just not down to Woodward, he doesn’t take the training or pick the side or dictate the tactics, that is down to the manager. Yes we need a centre half Lindlehof is not up to it and yet Solskjaer continues to play him, isn’t Smalling fit? Roma still want him, we want Sancho yet he’s still playing for Dortmund.
Yes we need a footballing director we knew that two three seasons ago but that’s Woodhead for you, in the meantime we at least should have a tactical bit of brain and management in the dug out, sadly its missing.

The trouble with Solskjaer is that he can’t set up a team to win and win convincingly.
Ive just watched Leicester v City, 2-5 to Leicester and although three of them goals were penalties the method of play shown by Leicester was brilliant, for the life of me I can not see in a month of Sundays Solskjaer having the footballing nouse to pull that off, and all penalties were nailed on no arguments.
We struggled to a win over Brighton and were vert very fortunate. It’s just not down to Woodward, he doesn’t take the training or pick the side or dictate the tactics, that is down to the manager. Yes we need a centre half Lindlehof is not up to it and yet Solskjaer continues to play him, isn’t Smalling fit? Roma still want him, we want Sancho yet he’s still playing for Dortmund.
Yes we need a footballing director we knew that two three seasons ago but that’s Woodhead for you, in the meantime we at least should have a tactical bit of brain and management in the dug out, sadly its missing.

He was brilliant for Roma on loan. Saw quite a few games and he impressed by being a solid team player. However, I think he deserves to be at Roma rather than stuck at Utd.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
He was brilliant for Roma on loan. Saw quite a few games and he impressed by being a solid team player. However, I think he deserves to be at Roma rather than stuck at Utd.
I agree regarding the transfer but until that’s a done deal he should play for us.
Amazing that we lent him out and are on the brink of selling him, look at Johnny Evans at Leicester, United rejects and yet we still have Jones and co. :pissedoff:

The cause/fault/blame has to be shared between OGS, Woodward and the Glaziers. Few fans of other clubs would be excited at the prospect of the the arrival of any of the three but then as no other club will be chasing their services those fans can sleep easy.

Perhaps other than who is really needed that tells us all we need to know.

Latest Threads