Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manchester United FC

2-0 Luton, from an own goal and weak penalty.

You’ll have 4 goals disallowed for offside. There’s no VAR and TV replays will show you are clearly onside for each one.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Wtf is this team? Saturday Solskjaer says we were not match fit, or words to that affect.
So tonight would have been ideal to give the first team, bar De Gea another run out to get match fit and have a good work out, build some confidence (hopefully), but oh no ten, yes ten fecking changes.
Olle you are a fecking joke.

Wtf is this team? Saturday Solskjaer says we were not match fit, or words to that affect.
So tonight would have been ideal to give the first team, bar De Gea another run out to get match fit and have a good work out, build some confidence (hopefully), but oh no ten, yes ten fecking changes.
Olle you are a fecking joke.
Or is he firing a shot across the bows of the first team, telling them to get a grip and show some passion for the shirt on the pitch?

You're position is not secure

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Or is he firing a shot across the bows of the first team, telling them to get a grip and show some passion for the shirt on the pitch?

You're position is not secure
I don’t honestly know, perhaps we will find out come the next match. Lindlehof should not be playing I know that, he’s quickly turned into a lurch without the gurning.
Perhaps that’s why slab head is playing tonight, have a run out with, feck I’ve forgotten who’s playing tonight now :slow:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
News of David Moyes testing positive for Covid.
I know he was a nightmare but in the grand scheme of things he shouldn’t have been offered the job, I couldn’t blame him for taking it and I wish him a quick recovery.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Rather impressed.

With Luton. Don’t deserve to be one down.

News of David Moyes testing positive for Covid.
I know he was a nightmare but in the grand scheme of things he shouldn’t have been offered the job, I couldn’t blame him for taking it and I wish him a quick recovery.

He was probably the best manager in the Premier league, I bet almost everyone thought it would be a smooth transition from AF and Man U would carry on normal jogging.

Not too bad last night. Bit laboured, but got a positive result.

Positives for me;

- Van De Beek's movement in and around the box was impressive. Followed up shots, looking to poach any keeper mistakes. He and Fernandes are my first picks in midfield.

- Mata did okay again. Been a great servant to the club since he arrived from Chelsea, and an utter professional, coupled with coming across as a decent bloke.

- Ole actually made some good substitution decisions.

- Henderson looked assured, made a good save, and did not harm to his rising credibility for the 1st choice position.

Overall, what should be routine win over Luton (that had utter failure written all over it), was achieved. Luton look like they may do well this season.

Likewise, some positives. In no particular order :

1. Henderson got a game under his belt. Puts a bit of pressure on DDG in due course.
2. Bailly continued the form he had before the break - and crucially didn't get injured.
3. We moved the ball much more quickly, primarily Lingard and VdB who both had some good touches, but also Fred and Matic (who even had a cross with his right!)

On the other hand, Iggy looked a bit short.

On to the shirtlifters at the weekend. For me, last Saturdays team but Bailly in for Lindelof, Fred (or VdB) for Pogba and Mase for DJ.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Likewise, some positives. In no particular order :

1. Henderson got a game under his belt. Puts a bit of pressure on DDG in due course.
2. Bailly continued the form he had before the break - and crucially didn't get injured.
3. We moved the ball much more quickly, primarily Lingard and VdB who both had some good touches, but also Fred and Matic (who even had a cross with his right!)

On the other hand, Iggy looked a bit short.

On to the shirtlifters at the weekend. For me, last Saturdays team but Bailly in for Lindelof, Fred (or VdB) for Pogba and Mase for DJ.
Team for me on recent performances (two games, that’s a laugh), would be Van Beek Fernandes Matic McTominay. The latter two playing the hold roles and the other two having a more forward free role playing behind Martial and Rashford
I‘d go with a back four of Wan Bissaka Bailly Slabhead and Shaw. Solskjaer thinks the sun shines out De Geas back side so he’s in goal but I’d dearly love to see Henderson in after the Luton game.

Last edited:
Trouble with 2 + 2 in the mid is that it leaves us short on the flanks. Neither AWB or Shaw are going to give us that. I'd go with 4-3-3, toss up between Matic and McTominay for the holding position.

Rashers... Playing well.
Fernandes. As above
Like Shaw.. Doing OK.
Wan Bissaka. Playing well.

Pogba. A ******* liability.
Lindelhof as above.
De Gea.. I'm unsure tbh.

Some of the worst finishing I've ever seen. I don't think the referee had the best game either.

Entertaining match though.

99th minute penalty? I see Fergie time is back - if you can’t win fairly, cheat.

99th minute penalty? I see Fergie time is back - if you can’t win fairly, cheat.
Clear penalty.
I think the ref did well tbh.
He was fair to both teams, took the advice from TMO about the pitch side monitor.

Not the best performance from either side. Especially that cheating diving shite of a Brighton player who should have "Klinsmann" in brackets on his shirt.

Latest Threads