Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manchester United FC

Sad to see the pile on on Ole! I'd have thought everyone knew the pattern by now:

Achieve ECL dont spend much
Dont achieve ECL spend shitloads.

The Gimps have no interest other than taking their £200m+ PA. Woodward is their Div2 Mil Acct. Managers are expendable. One signing this window, oh, and a bloody good look at Sancho. Remember Fabregas?

Yes, yesterday was utter shit. When I saw James and TFM starting, the alarm bells were set off. Or was Ole making a point? Remember Jose? And what will happen now? A good chance the club will buy two players to appease Social media. Not Ole, Social Media.

If the crowds were back, Woodward would offer £160m to get Sancho, that's how dim, football wise, he is. What on earth was this whanka doing during the lockdown? Every team has boosted their squad to kick on, us, nah; Bank it.

Things from yesterday: Bruno, brilliant work rate and attitude. VdB, can see he's played in a far better passing team. Pogba, sell him. Ole, hooked him which was good to see. Rashford, ban him from spending another second on being Muvva Therazoh. James, simply too light weight. Lindelof, wears womens clothes and Adidas concrete boots. De Gea came out of his area to clear a ball more times yesterday than in his entire Utd career. Atkins, simply hates Utd. VAR is ruining football. Palace deservedly won.

We need: CB, Upamecano. Striker, a consistent one; like that young lad we could have signed, but said the fee was too much. Went by the name of Haaland. A right winger. And another MF player. Woowar said 'Utd can do things in the transfer market that no other team can' ! Lick windows and have a damn good look it seems.

As it stands, I'd say we'd be getting 6th at best this season, with Ole getting sacked by Nov, poch in, Rinse and bloody repeat!

Time to bring back the MEC.

You say all that like it’s a bad thing?

At least you recognise it’s the new normal :)

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Your poor performance doesn’t appear to have affected revenue, you’re still pulling in £615m a year. They aren’t going to sell the golden egg anytime soon.

You clearly missed the 'Gimps £200m' and 'ECL qualified' transfer policy in my original post Dingerr.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Glad it made you laugh Gouty, we have to laugh. Sadly, and I hate to say this, but until the Gimps sell, we will not win the Premier league again. Time to release the MEC from the naughty room mate, it's the only way we can get our club back.

Banter aside, I think this is spot on. MU are not a managerial appointment and a couple of signings away from greatness, there are some serious systemic problems.

You're in the same death spiral as Liverpool under Hicks and Gillett and, whilst OT mis-fires never fail to amuse, in the wider scheme of things, sports fans deserve better than to see their team locked into a toxic ownership structure.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Banter aside, I think this is spot on. MU are not a managerial appointment and a couple of signings away from greatness, there are some serious systemic problems.

You're in the same death spiral as Liverpool under Hicks and Gillett and, whilst OT mis-fires never fail to amuse, in the wider scheme of things, sports fans deserve better than to see their team locked into a toxic ownership structure.

Absolutely. And not to see their multimillion pound profit making club apply for the Govt Furlough.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I do think the fans have their part to play, too. The burden of expectation following a sustained period of success can only be a rod with which to beat the next manager. Moyes, OGS, Hodgson, Rodgers, they had no chance. They were never going to be Ferguson or Klopp, but never really had a chance to begin with.

Jose Mourinho as the manager of Manchester United? Give me a break. What a piss poor appointment, and so it proved to be.

Jose Mourinho as the manager of Manchester United? Give me a break. What a piss poor appointment, and so it proved to be.

If he does well at Spurs (and there’s a good chance with Bale), the question will be: why did it go so wrong at Man U?

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
I do think the fans have their part to play, too. The burden of expectation following a sustained period of success can only be a rod with which to beat the next manager. Moyes, OGS, Hodgson, Rodgers, they had no chance. They were never going to be Ferguson or Klopp, but never really had a chance to begin with.

Moyes hung himself by binning all SAFs backroom staff and bringing in his own. 'Hey Rio, come an meet wee Jimmy Lumsden, he is your new coach, specifically for defending correctly'. Note the spend, not much as we had ECL

Meesterr vahn hahhhl, although winning the FA Cup, it was without question the DULLEST football I've sadly seen at OT. A Bonkers lad no question. And the club spunked million as no ECL.

Jose, cant stand him, never wanted him at Utd. But again, the spend pattern, exactly the same.

Ole has a plan, we need to see it through. Though with our ******** acct, he will most likely be sacked by Xmas.

Hodgson, he stood no chance, that sadly is true. Bloody great fun though whilst he was the boss.

Rodgers was given every chance, and sooo nearly delivered but slipped at the last knocking; marvellous.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh my just read that Utd are away to Luton next week.

Whose game for a bet on The Hatters then? Orare we going to field a strong team and hope to get through on penalties?

Am I been over pessimistic:???:

If he does well at Spurs (and there’s a good chance with Bale), the question will be: why did it go so wrong at Man U?

I think it would have gone wrong for him at Liverpool, Everton, either Manchester club, Leeds or Newcastle. They’re northern industrial cities, not the more perhaps glamorous clubs in London. I think he’ll do OK at Tottenham, but I just don’t see how he could ever connect with the fans in the manner of Klopp, or to some extent, even OGS. Or Rafa at both Newcastle and Liverpool.

Similar gig in Glasgow. Can you imagine some poncy southerner or exotic foreigner at Celtic or Rangers? Ferguson did well because he was a hard-nosed Scotsman, “it’s my fvcking way or the highway. I don’t give a fcuk who you think you are, there’s one general here, and that’s me”.

Oh my just read that Utd are away to Luton next week.

Whose game for a bet on The Hatters then? Orare we going to field a strong team and hope to get through on penalties?

Am I been over pessimistic:???:

You shouldn’t joke, they are a championship side who are playing well and haven’t lost a game this season, they’ll be up for a big game and if some of your players just can’t be arsed it’s going to get a tad embarrassing.

You shouldn’t joke, they are a championship side who are playing well and haven’t lost a game this season, they’ll be up for a big game and if some of your players just can’t be arsed it’s going to get a tad embarrassing.
Yes they have won both of their matches.
Stayed up on the last day of the season, last season

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes they have won both of their matches.
Stayed up on the last day of the season, last season
Hmm, won BOTH their matches, well at least they are on form and are on a winning streak.
Quite looking forward to tomorrow evening, hopefully it will make our back four look like Neville Bruce Pallister and Irwin. Oh how I dream of a back four like that.
Well it’s a new week a glorious Monday morning here in West Wales, surfs up and I’m a happy chap full of enthusiasm and looking forward to a bright future after the warm up at the weekend.

Edited, Jeez @CAARPS has just mentioned that Luton have won FOUR. Well have you seen the odds, a crafty tenner on the hatters might just be in order.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Hope this works: this shows perfectly:

Just how not world class Pogba is
Just watch Bruno's desire and work rate compared to Pogba
Just why Pogba is a bad example for the team

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Sold once and should have stayed sold.

Still, as a Liverpool fan.... Pogba would not be tolerated in a Klopp team.

Kevin keegan, not the most technically gifted player in the world, but the right attitude and an incredible work rate made him one of the best in the world.

Pogba, gifted but a lazy lump of lard with a bad attitude.

That was the precise moment I said to my eldest, he's getting hooked in a minute.

And so it came to pass.

Which is a shame, as there were a couple of games in July/August where he actually looked like a player (despite all previous evidence) in terms of his work rate/desire etc.

I bet Fred plays tomorrow - and plays better than him too. We'll then see if it's the (latest) kick up the backside Pogba needs. Now - if only we had a CB with a bit of pace - I bet Bailly plays tomorrow as well.

Latest Threads