Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manchester United FC

Who would you have replace him?

Personally i'd also have Pochettino if Ole can't get the club in the top 4 this season. Allegri is still available but would be my second choice really.

Either way the next manager, whoever that is, and whenever they do arrive, Man Utd need to stop being behind the curve of other clubs. How is it possible that for getting close to a decade, every managerial appointment has come across as just a desperate gamble, rather than a considered approach to who is available. Couldn't even manage to get Ferguson to sell the idea to Guardiola, or even bother to ask someone like Klopp or even Ancelotti, whilst it lurched from failure to failure.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Personally i'd also have Pochettino if Ole can't get the club in the top 4 this season. Allegri is still available but would be my second choice really.

Either way the next manager, whoever that is, and whenever they do arrive, Man Utd need to stop being behind the curve of other clubs. How is it possible that for getting close to a decade, every managerial appointment has come across as just a desperate gamble, rather than a considered approach to who is available. Couldn't even manage to get Ferguson to sell the idea to Guardiola, or even bother to ask someone like Klopp or even Ancelotti, whilst it lurched from failure to failure.
Who knows what goes on?
Perhaps they did and the first chat over a coffee with Woodyhead sealed the fate of the club as the prospective candidates said,
“I’ll let you know Ed, now where’s me coat?”

jg505

Old-Salt
I honestly don't know who could replace Ole but yesterday was just embarrassing.

There's that saying, you can't win the league by xmas....but you can certainly lose it by September. If both LFC and Citeh perform like they have over the past two seasons, two defeats and it's season over.

Fernandez was awesome when he initially came to Utd. Is it any coincidence that he seems to have gone off the boil following the return of Pogba?

I felt really sorry for Van De Beek......he must be thinking, "WTF have I signed up for".

Isn’t going for an obvious name like Poch just another desperate gamble?

Klopp was never an option, because no one had heard of him in England a few years ago, besides that he’d never be interested in Utd, he’s a scouser ^^.

Your scouts need to get out and about, discover the managerial talent out there. A relatively unknown won’t have the pressure as others and is more likely to do well.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
NO NO and NO again! A spurs reject, not over my dead body.
He flattered to deceive and should have at least won an FA Cup or any silver ware and the way they surrendered to the scouses in the CL final was very very disappointing.

Yeah, the way he developed players and took a fairly average team to the Champions League Final... you wouldn't want someone like that. 8-O

Oh, whilst not having been allowed to sign any players (due to blowing the budget on a stadium).

Meanwhile, in the Europa League... :D

Isn’t going for an obvious name like Poch just another desperate gamble?

Klopp was never an option, because no one had heard of him in England a few years ago, besides that he’d never be interested in Utd, he’s a scouser ^^.

Your scouts need to get out and about, discover the managerial talent out there. A relatively unknown won’t have the pressure as others and is more likely to do well.
Klopp was Mr Dortmund. He knew the only two clubs he could manage after Dortmund were Celtic or Liverpool and the fans still love him. He did not fancy managing a Sunday League team

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Sad to see the pile on on Ole! I'd have thought everyone knew the pattern by now:

Achieve ECL dont spend much
Dont achieve ECL spend shitloads.

The Gimps have no interest other than taking their £200m+ PA. Woodward is their Div2 Mil Acct. Managers are expendable. One signing this window, oh, and a bloody good look at Sancho. Remember Fabregas?

Yes, yesterday was utter shit. When I saw James and TFM starting, the alarm bells were set off. Or was Ole making a point? Remember Jose? And what will happen now? A good chance the club will buy two players to appease Social media. Not Ole, Social Media.

If the crowds were back, Woodward would offer £160m to get Sancho, that's how dim, football wise, he is. What on earth was this whanka doing during the lockdown? Every team has boosted their squad to kick on, us, nah; Bank it.

Things from yesterday: Bruno, brilliant work rate and attitude. VdB, can see he's played in a far better passing team. Pogba, sell him. Ole, hooked him which was good to see. Rashford, ban him from spending another second on being Muvva Therazoh. James, simply too light weight. Lindelof, wears womens clothes and Adidas concrete boots. De Gea came out of his area to clear a ball more times yesterday than in his entire Utd career. Atkins, simply hates Utd. VAR is ruining football. Palace deservedly won.

We need: CB, Upamecano. Striker, a consistent one; like that young lad we could have signed, but said the fee was too much. Went by the name of Haaland. A right winger. And another MF player. Woowar said 'Utd can do things in the transfer market that no other team can' ! Lick windows and have a damn good look it seems.

As it stands, I'd say we'd be getting 6th at best this season, with Ole getting sacked by Nov, poch in, Rinse and bloody repeat!

Time to bring back the MEC.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Sad to see the pile on on Ole! I'd have thought everyone knew the pattern by now:

Achieve ECL dont spend much
Dont achieve ECL spend shitloads.

The Gimps have no interest other than taking their £200m+ PA. Woodward is their Div2 Mil Acct. Managers are expendable. One signing this window, oh, and a bloody good look at Sancho. Remember Fabregas?

Yes, yesterday was utter shit. When I saw James and TFM starting, the alarm bells were set off. Or was Ole making a point? Remember Jose? And what will happen now? A good chance the club will buy two players to appease Social media. Not Ole, Social Media.

If the crowds were back, Woodward would offer £160m to get Sancho, that's how dim, football wise, he is. What on earth was this whanka doing during the lockdown? Every team has boosted their squad to kick on, us, nah; Bank it.

Things from yesterday: Bruno, brilliant work rate and attitude. VdB, can see he's played in a far better passing team. Pogba, sell him. Ole, hooked him which was good to see. Rashford, ban him from spending another second on being Muvva Therazoh. James, simply too light weight. Lindelof, wears womens clothes and Adidas concrete boots. De Gea came out of his area to clear a ball more times yesterday than in his entire Utd career. Atkins, simply hates Utd. VAR is ruining football. Palace deservedly won.

We need: CB, Upamecano. Striker, a consistent one; like that young lad we could have signed, but said the fee was too much. Went by the name of Haaland. A right winger. And another MF player. Woowar said 'Utd can do things in the transfer market that no other team can' ! Lick windows and have a damn good look it seems.

As it stands, I'd say we'd be getting 6th at best this season, with Ole getting sacked by Nov, poch in, Rinse and bloody repeat!

Time to bring back the MEC.
Great post, made me laugh as well. :salut:

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Great post, made me laugh as well. :salut:

Glad it made you laugh Gouty, we have to laugh. Sadly, and I hate to say this, but until the Gimps sell, we will not win the Premier league again. Time to release the MEC from the naughty room mate, it's the only way we can get our club back.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Glad it made you laugh Gouty, we have to laugh. Sadly, and I hate to say this, but until the Gimps sell, we will not win the Premier league again. Time to release the MEC from the naughty room mate, it's the only way we can get our club back.
They certainly could do with a spot of re-education that’s for sure.

Your poor performance doesn’t appear to have affected revenue, you’re still pulling in £615m a year. They aren’t going to sell the golden egg anytime soon.

Latest Threads