Manchester United FC

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Just having a look at the lates transfer news concerning Utd.

We are a laughing stock when it comes to transfers, why do Utd bother making their transfer targets public? Why do they bother saying someone is a priority then feck the selling club around and the player concerned?
Why do they persevere with that twat Woodward?
I know it’s paper talk but I can’t help but think there is quite a bit of fact in this report, meanwhile Utd have not made one move for one of the best centre backs in Europe who they could have signed when instead they got Lindlehoff.
I think this will be another disaster of a transfer window with any deal been rushed through last minute the player not settled for the new season and off we go again.

jg505

Old-Salt
Just having a look at the lates transfer news concerning Utd.

We are a laughing stock when it comes to transfers, why do Utd bother making their transfer targets public? Why do they bother saying someone is a priority then feck the selling club around and the player concerned?
Why do they persevere with that twat Woodward?
I know it’s paper talk but I can’t help but think there is quite a bit of fact in this report, meanwhile Utd have not made one move for one of the best centre backs in Europe who they could have signed when instead they got Lindlehoff.
I think this will be another disaster of a transfer window with any deal been rushed through last minute the player not settled for the new season and off we go again.

Unfortunately mate, I think you're right. Either pay up for Sancho or move on. I'm still hoping we get Grealish.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Unfortunately mate, I think you're right. Either pay up for Sancho or move on. I'm still hoping we get Grealish.
Who would Grealish replace? Pogba, I so badly want that posing Madonna to leave.

Really not convinced by either Sancho or Grealish. No reflection on them as players - I just can't see where they fit in - and as previously, Grealish has got Wilshere written all over him. I'd be more focussed on getting some lower profile but effective types in to give real cover in the mid and in the defence.

We look short at FB - if Wan-Bissaka is injured or off form Tim FM or Dalot have a lot to prove. Not convinced Williams is a real LB. Smalling is allegedly back, so we have cover at CB and can move Lurch on at last.

In the mid we look short. Pogba looked good on Monday, but that's one game from dozens. Give him one more chance next season, but that's it. Matic can't go on forever, nor can Mata. Fred is coming on and Scotty is young enough, but its definitely thin. A couple of long-term injuries in a season that's going to be brutal could really hurt. It's that solid base I think we need - Sancho and/or Grealish ain't going to play second fiddle in the attacking third, so who are you going to drop? Rashy? Tony? Mase? Bruno? That's what worries me - unbalancing the team - and spunking the whole transfer budget - while leaving a less than solid base.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
What a damn shame the bitters have got knocked out of The Champions League. By French surrender monkeys as well.
I‘m sure somewhere I read that this was their year, oh well.:slow:

RBMK

War Hero
Cheer up lads, City have just been dumped out of the Champins League by Lyon ;)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Now this is interesting, Sheffield Utd have spent £18.5 million on a transfer, now why is that of interest to Utd? It’s a goalkeeper, have they had word that Henderson will be going back to Utd next year?

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Regarding 'Why are we so shit at transfers' : The Glazers and their finance maverick, Woowar. They've turned the club, post SAF/Gill, into a laughing stock where transfers are concerned; Fabregas fiasco is our SOP.

Under SAF/Gill, targets were bought on the QT and quite quickly, the same as most top tier teams do now.

And good on Dortmund, holding their ground. Would I like Sancho, absolutely. But I'd like Harry Kane more. We need another Stam/Vidic type, no nonsense CB

Big Dave is done and should be allowed a move back to Spain, if he wants. If not, then keep him and he can challenge Dean Henderson for the No1 Jersey

Sell Pogba, Lingard and Jones. Try and buy Maddison and another high energy, calm, midfielder

And continue the youth development under Ole.

Looking forward to tonight: Attack, attack, attack

You'll never win anything with kids.....

Start bringing the young guns through who want to play for us for the sheer pride of pulling on that Red shirt.
Start worrying the stars on massive money that unless they show the desire to be a Manchester United player there are others who will smash them out of the way for the privilege to wear the shirt and give 200% for 90 minutes for the club.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Maybe one that says "European Champions" on one half and "Premier League Champions" on the other half :boogie::dance:
Chortle......European Champions? Sorry old chap, but I cant see LFC in the 4 names of teams to play in the Semi's.

Yer but, weer da olders at the moment la! Indeed. Pffffft

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Chortle......European Champions? Sorry old chap, but I cant see LFC in the 4 names of teams to play in the Semi's.

Yer but, weer da olders at the moment la! Indeed. Pffffft
Doesn‘t matter too much, we’ve won it so many times they gave us the trophy. A very small number of clubs in that position, and you’re not one of them :)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Feck me another decent team and we get shown for what we are.
Forget Sancho, what we need is a right back and a ******* decent centre half and a Harry Kane type of finisher.
Oh and a decent manager. Max Allegri come on down.
Three semi finals beaten three times. Yes I’m in a bad mood, yes I’m fecked right off.

Latest Threads