Manchester United FC

jg505

Old-Salt
Never thought I’d be happy with third but I’m very happy.

Nice to see Watford go down after sacking the manager when they were in a safe position, you couldn’t make that up.
So roll on September and 2020/2021.
Same here, it may 'only be third' place but it's a start.

Thought we looked really tired but then Ole has played the same 11 week in/week out for a few weeks now.

Get a small rest, then onwards and upwards to the culmination of the Europa League.

As for Watford, they got what they deserved. Three managers they've fired this season!

jg505

Old-Salt
So just before the FA cup semi, OGS quite rightly pointed out that Chelsea had had an extra 48hrs break since their last game, which Fat Frank dismissed.

Yet the fat chunt is now saying Chelsea need a longer break than all the other PL teams, after the PL restarts.

He's such a cnut....... I'm actually glad they got turned over by Arsenal at the weekend.

Lampard has gone down massively in my estimation.

I had a huge amount of respect for him as a player, he was a class act. However, since becoming a manager he has just turned into a grade A twat. Always moaning, and he has a face like a slapped arse!

Seeing his miserable grid at full time on Saturday made me laugh. A lot.

Oh and the fact that he didn't get Derby promoted after they beat us in the play-offs last year made me laugh. A lot.

I'm sure he will do OK at chelski, he has a lot of money to play with - I would like to see him do what someone like Chris Wilder has done - not a chance.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
So just before the FA cup semi, OGS quite rightly pointed out that Chelsea had had an extra 48hrs break since their last game, which Fat Frank dismissed.

Yet the fat chunt is now saying Chelsea need a longer break than all the other PL teams, after the PL restarts.

He's such a cnut....... I'm actually glad they got turned over by Arsenal at the weekend.

I saw that and thought wtf? How about Utd, what if we get to the final of The Europa League when is that scheduled to be played?
Just a pity Wolves didn’t beat them on the last day of the PL. Still what do you expect from the rent boys?
Edited, just found the scheduled dates of said competition. 21st August will be our last game, hopefully.

europa league schedule. UEFA Europa League - Matches

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
All this talk about Utd signing Sancho from Dortmund and yet to date Woodward has failed to sign him, who thinks this transfer will actually go ahead?

Meanwhile a few miles up the road and City have already made a signing.

Im not sure it will.

All this talk about Utd signing Sancho from Dortmund and yet to date Woodward has failed to sign him, who thinks this transfer will actually go ahead?

I can't see it.

Dortmund are adamant they want £110 mil, and Utd are saying that is unrealistic given the current climate.

Dortmund, have a reputation of not blinking first, so unless Utd are prepared to offer at least most of the asking price, it will fizzle out. IMHO.

He can always come to Leeds on loan if he is unhappy at Dortmund :-D

jg505

Old-Salt

Im not sure it will.
Not really sure what's going on there but it doesn't look good.

Personally, I think we should be going all out for Grealish, then let Pogba go.

Not really sure what's going on there but it doesn't look good.

Personally, I think we should be going all out for Grealish, then let Pogba go.
Grealish has got "the new Jack Wilshere" written all over him.

As for Sancho, not convinced by the fee. Two words - Memphis Depay.

jg505

Old-Salt
I think Utd have had their fingers burnt too often to pay the asking price. I still can't believe Utd pay Alexis Sanchez £400k per week.

As for Grealish, whilst I appreciate he's Villa thro & thro, his work ethic is second to none.

I still see Pogba making mistakes and puffing his cheeks out far too often.

I think Utd have had their fingers burnt too often to pay the asking price. I still can't believe Utd pay Alexis Sanchez £400k per week.

As for Grealish, whilst I appreciate he's Villa thro & thro, his work ethic is second to none.

I still see Pogba making mistakes and puffing his cheeks out far too often.
Grealish also has that Wilsheresque habit of hanging onto the ball too long and consequently getting kicked to b8ggery. It will not end well for his ankles etc, just like Wilshere. Good player undoubtedly, just not sure whether he's a United player or indeed where he'd fit in the team. Plays in Bruno's space rather than Pogba's.

jg505

Old-Salt
Grealish also has that Wilsheresque habit of hanging onto the ball too long and consequently getting kicked to b8ggery. It will not end well for his ankles etc, just like Wilshere. Good player undoubtedly, just not sure whether he's a United player or indeed where he'd fit in the team. Plays in Bruno's space rather than Pogba's.
Yeah, he certainly gets fouled enough times, but does he hold on to the ball too much at Villa because they lack the quality players around him?

Either way, in response to @Gout Man original post, it is disappointing to see City making a very simple first signing and we're still no where with Sancho.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
It is a lot of money for an ex city player who Dortmund got for what £10million.
who are Utd looking at if this Sancho deal fails to materialise?
Im still not convinced about Utd’s centre back problems and I thought we were after some one whose name I can’t spell, Koulisomething from Italy but we have to sell Jones and Smalling and few others to release funds for wages let alone transfers.
I see Henderson is making sounds about make me number one or else, I think we should, De Gea is a liability.
Its a short close season and Woodward and Olle better pull their fingers out and quick!

Not at all sure about Sancho - at least not for £110M! Who do you drop - Rashy? Tony M? Mase the ace? All similar age, all being dropped for a similar age player. Or Bruno???

I suspect we need a LB to cover for Shaw - Williams is good, but probably better on RHS. Midfield and CB are where we look a bit ropey - Matic has been unbelievable post-lockdown, but will be knackered next season and isn't getting younger. Mata is a good bit part player, but no more. Need alternates for Scotty and Fred.

Above all we need to avoid the mistakes of buying "name" players that disrupt shape and balance of the team.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Thank the Lord, what a shit signing this was and now he’s gone.

Anyone suggesting Bale is needed at United needs to be taken out and battered. You hear me Ewar Woowar?

Last night was as expected from a bit of a scratch team.

Romero was good, Bailly likewise - lots of potential if he can stay fit.

Fullbacks poor - TFM poor delivery and BW looks tired (and a bit one footed).

Scotty wasn't quite at it, though Fred got better. Mata was a curates egg - some good interplay and quick passes but lack of pace beginning to really show now.

Lingard was generally positive, moved the ball forward, quickly and accurately. Glad he got his goal - set up a couple of others that weren't taken.

James needs some confidence, which is why I suspect OGS kept him on instead of Lingard. Didn't work.

Iggy didn't really get any service bar one chance.

Three games to a possible European trophy, we'll take that, given where we were at Xmas.

jg505

Old-Salt

Even now, I still can't Utd bought him. He'd basically brought the Arsenal dressing room into complete disarray, at least from what I'd read, and then we go and pay him £400k per week. WTF was Woodward thinking?

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC

Funnily enough, you're the only one on this forum who I can distinctly recall expressing reservations about signing him. Most others seemed to be proclaiming the signing of Sanchez as amazing, and anybody from other clubs who suggested it was an expensive, disruptive mistake was just worried about Sanchez returning United to their former glory :)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Funnily enough, you're the only one on this forum who I can distinctly recall expressing reservations about signing him. Most others seemed to be proclaiming the signing of Sanchez as amazing, and anybody from other clubs who suggested it was an expensive, disruptive mistake was just worried about Sanchez returning United to their former glory :)
Thanks, I honestly can’t remember, seems like a lifetime ago, just relieved he has gone.

Took a while to get going again last night, but good value for the win in the end. Most surprising thing was that new number 6 we've got - he looked like a half decent player, might be worth 80-odd mill.......

jg505

Old-Salt
Took a while to get going again last night, but good value for the win in the end. Most surprising thing was that new number 6 we've got - he looked like a half decent player, might be worth 80-odd mill.......
Yeah took a while and, for a time, I thought it was a case of we'd never score. Any other time and it could have been 5 or more, keeper had one of those games.

Sevilla in the semis won't be easy.

Latest Threads