Manchester United FC

Not sure why Kane would want to sign for Manchester. I would have thought his first priority would be a “big” (ie champions league) club.
He’s possibly as well off staying at Tottenham as moving to Manchester. Although final league placings at the end of the season may change that. At the moment he’s probably keeping his options open.
He could move to Leicester, perhaps?

jg505

Old-Salt
Not sure why Kane would want to sign for Manchester. I would have thought his first priority would be a “big” (ie champions league) club.
He’s possibly as well off staying at Tottenham as moving to Manchester. Although final league placings at the end of the season may change that. At the moment he’s probably keeping his options open.
He could move to Leicester, perhaps?
You're absolutely right Utd, at the moment, aren't a CL club but Spurs are even lower than Utd. Leicester's latest form isn't great at the moment. TBH, the only guaranteed CL teams are LFC and Citeh. LFC have three fantastic forwards but Citeh, sometimes, don't even play a recognised striker.

Honestly, I think Spurs' signing of Mourning as manager is Kane's biggest concern.

Anyhoo,if he doesn't sign then so be it........but if he does, I'll be the first to say, "I told you so". ;-)

Fair point on Mourinho. Quite why TF anyone would want him as their manager is beyond me. And I like OGS, although I’m not sure that he has the - what - status? standing? Profile? - that Manchester United need to attract the top names, especially if they finish outside the European places at the end of the season.
But he is one of the games nice guys and I wish him well.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Shame that Chelsea beat Everton so convincingly. Utd dominating City and although it was a goalkeeping mistake Utd are deservedly 1-0 up.

Shame that Chelsea beat Everton so convincingly. Utd dominating City and although it was a goalkeeping mistake Utd are deservedly 1-0 up.
Nice of you to help Liverpool.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Nice of you to help Liverpool.
You're welcome. Fred gets booked for getting a kick to the shin. Refs are a fecking disgrace.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
Shame that Chelsea beat Everton so convincingly.
Oh I don't know. Makes it much easier to stomach United getting 3 points if they do us (Liverpool) a favour and beat City :)

1583688909304.png

I would feel much more conflicted if it had moved you into the top 4.

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
What a finish^_^^_^

jg505

Old-Salt
Well for 60 mins today,I can't remember the last time I was so relaxed watching a Utd City game. Yeah, they may have had all the possession but that was it. Then they make a couple of changes, and suddenly they were a different team; Mahrez looked dangerous down the right.

Great finish by McTominay but as you say @Gout Man shame Chelsea won so easily.

Still fighting for that top 4 place tho.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Fair point on Mourinho. Quite why TF anyone would want him as their manager is beyond me. And I like OGS, although I’m not sure that he has the - what - status? standing? Profile? - that Manchester United need to attract the top names, especially if they finish outside the European places at the end of the season.
But he is one of the games nice guys and I wish him well.
I understand what you mean, however every manager has to start out somewhere before they were successful. Now Ole may not be the man to lead United to multiple trophies etc, but i'd say as a Champions League winner, multiple league champion, multiple FA cup winner, Intercontinental cup winner, he has some sort of profile and potentially draw to players. Though I do accept that the Champions League place will be the biggest draw to many top players.

For me, in the transfer window, i'd love to see Kane sign, but i've always been perplexed as to why the club never tried for a player like Lewandowski before. I think players like Kane and Lewandowski bring something we've been missing since Ronaldo went to Real.

jg505

Old-Salt
........but i've always been perplexed as to why the club never tried for a player like Lewandowski before. I think players like Kane and Lewandowski bring something we've been missing since Ronaldo went to Real.
Apparently SAF tried to sign Lewandoski in 2012 but Dortmund said, "Chuff off Mein Herr", or words to that effect.

I like what Fernandez had brought to the club. But you have to ask yourself, why Pogba has failed to have the same affect.

P.S. if Villa can get a good result at Leicester tonight, that could open up 3rd and 4th in the PL.

Last edited:
Because he's a self-centred knob, who is more interested in his personal brand than working his backside off to excel as a footballer?
Who Fergie sussed and shipped out sharpish. Only to have that undone some years later (to the tune of £80M+) by Ewar Woowar.

There's an interesting comparison between Pogba and Ronnie. Both are absolutely all about being the star man, the difference being Ronnie has both the talent and the attitude to justify it and has sustained it for over a decade. Should the show pony end up back at Juve, I suspect Ronnie will have little time for him.

jg505

Old-Salt
I see the City v Arsenal game has been called off tonight as a coronavirus precaution. Apparently some of the Arsenal players are in isolation.