Manchester United FC

Can they delay it with Appeals?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Talk now that the PL will be intensifying their investigation. They say the punishment could even see City back in the lower divisions, maybe even League 2.
Now that would be worth running round the back garden naked for.

Maybe they should officially expunge all their PL titles as well, isn’t that what The Scots did with Rangers?

Talk now that the PL will be intensifying their investigation. They say the punishment could even see City back in the lower divisions, maybe even League 2.

Maybe they should officially expunge all their PL titles as well, isn’t that what The Scots did with Rangers?
Rangers as a company were liquidised when they went into administration. They were bought out, but were essentially a new football club and had to start from the bottom.

They kept their titles, because they didn’t cheat getting them.

Whilst there are many who would like to see City be relegated, it is doubtful it will happen.

Yes, it is in The Sun, but a pretty good article explaing why relegation won`t happen.

Whilst there are many who would like to see City be relegated, it is doubtful it will happen.

Yes, it is in The Sun, but a pretty good article explaing why relegation won`t happen.

Can’t even click on the electronic link of that piece of sh*t rag.

Can’t even click on the electronic link of that piece of sh*t rag.
Fair comment, Caarps, but as yet, I haven`t seen any other piece which has that view.

As a caveat, I did say it was the sun, and, rest assured, I would never have put this on the Liverpool thread.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

At least I won’t grass stains on my feet.:slow:

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Everyone on the planet knows they've cheated to get their success. Will the EPL act on the evidence available, will they feck. Obviously I'd Keven Keegan it if I'm proved wrong:cool:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Sad news.
Steve Curry a great football writer and lifelong supporter of Manchester United has passed away this week.
Steve Curry wrote great match reports and features on United and I enjoyed his writing in the papers. This was before I had a computer in the house and the internet was not as big as it is today, younger readers may say who? Hopefully his photo might ring some bells.
RIP.

jg505

Clanker
Sad news.
Steve Curry a great football writer and lifelong supporter of Manchester United has passed away this week.
Steve Curry wrote great match reports and features on United and I enjoyed his writing in the papers. This was before I had a computer in the house and the internet was not as big as it is today, younger readers may say who? Hopefully his photo might ring some bells.
RIP.
Unless I'm very much mistaken, I'm sure Steve used to have a page in the match day programmes. I'd check mine from 70s/80s but they're all packed as we're in the process of moving.

RiP Steve.

jg505

Clanker
Everyone on the planet knows they've cheated to get their success. Will the EPL act on the evidence available, will they feck. Obviously I'd Keven Keegan it if I'm proved wrong:cool:
This is not me being bitter, but they've cheated the system to get their success. If they're as guilty as they appear, the only punishment that will stop this from happening in the future, is removal of all their past cup/league successes, the runner up team being promoted to winners, be that PL, FA Cup or EFL. After all isn't this what happens in athletics, etc.

Sadly money talks and I'm sure they'll manage to bargain their way out of even the CL ban, let alone having all their successes removed.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Unless I'm very much mistaken, I'm sure Steve used to have a page in the match day programmes. I'd check mine from 70s/80s but they're all packed as we're in the process of moving.

RiP Steve.
David Meek wrote in the programmes, like you not sure about Steve Curry.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
This is not me being bitter, but they've cheated the system to get their success. If they're as guilty as they appear, the only punishment that will stop this from happening in the future, is removal of all their past cup/league successes, the runner up team being promoted to winners, be that PL, FA Cup or EFL. After all isn't this what happens in athletics, etc.

Sadly money talks and I'm sure they'll manage to bargain their way out of even the CL ban, let alone having all their successes removed.
If I was a betting man I’d have a tenner on what you just typed.

And hoped I’d lose. I’m very cynical when it comes to football ruling bodies dishing out punishment to clubs.

Latest Threads