Manchester United FC

Take it George Best was cremated?
I wouldn't have him in a Lucky Bag. Best was ill-disciplined in a way that would make the Rangers player, Morelos, AKA the man with FIVE red cards in a season, blush. Both on and off the field.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I wouldn't have him in a Lucky Bag. Best was ill-disciplined in a way that would make the Rangers player, Morelos, AKA the man with FIVE red cards in a season, blush. Both on and off the field.
Actually it was Law who was the most undisciplined ON the pitch. Yes Best had his problems which were well documented at the time. Funnily enough I just got half way through last night and the next chapter is El Beatle, the nickname given to Best after his brilliant performance in Portugal.
Best caused most trouble in the early 70’s and it was Docherty who finally got rid of him, a pity Busby couldn’t control him but from what I’ve read after Munich Busby was shall we say a bit soft, that’s why he never got round to replacing that team after 68, he just couldn’t bring himself to move the players on that finally brought the European Cup to United ten years after Munich. It’s in the book and it’s worth a read.

Appallingly poor performance. The OGS honeymoon is over and we're left with the same pitiful team we had before Jose left. Young has been putting in consistently worse performances over the last month and tonight just capped it off. He's woeful on the ball and lost it more than passed it.

Not one player on the pitch seemed to really want it. McTominay's goal should have been the start of it, instead it roused the sleeping dragon that is Wolves and they tore us to shreds again.

I suspect top 4 might still be possible, but it's going to take something special now. And I would expect the transfer market to be VERY active from the get-go... although with Woodward in charge...he will probably bring in a more expensive calamitious mistake.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Appallingly poor performance. The OGS honeymoon is over and we're left with the same pitiful team we had before Jose left. Young has been putting in consistently worse performances over the last month and tonight just capped it off. He's woeful on the ball and lost it more than passed it.

Not one player on the pitch seemed to really want it. McTominay's goal should have been the start of it, instead it roused the sleeping dragon that is Wolves and they tore us to shreds again.

I suspect top 4 might still be possible, but it's going to take something special now. And I would expect the transfer market to be VERY active from the get-go... although with Woodward in charge...he will probably bring in a more expensive calamitious mistake.
I thought it would be tough to finish fourth before tonight’s game win or lose.
We have some very dodgy games in the run in and now after that I honestly can’t see us in the top four, a shame but it’s an honest opinion.
Pogba looked his usual lazy couldn’t care tuppence self.
Fred looked every inch the player I thought he was, CRAP!
And as for the defending, well it starts with the midfield and the only promising thing in midfield was the young lad McTominay.
Listening to Ole now and I’m not sure I can agree with him, the way he is talking is that their keeper was man of the match.
Oh well let’s hope he clears out the rubbish in the summer and has a decent shopping list and a platinum Master Card.

It pisses me off.

The WAY we were playing early in OGS's tenure was great. I'd be OK with losing if we still played like that, but we are playing like a Mourinho side again

Top 4 is probably gone unless a miracle occurs?! So we'll just have to win the CL to guarantee us qualifying for next years competition...Fcuk me that was grim tonight, after we gifted them the equaliser. Ole really has his work cut out this Summer, if he's going to make anything of that shower?

Form really has gone through the floor since the PSG win, would've thought that might have galvavised us, but there appears to be too many players with fragile mentalities and lack of ability. A staggering amount of money is going to be required to remedy those shortcomings, but i doubt the Glazers will divi it up willingly, so Ole will have to spend what he gets wisely.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Not long now and I’m not looking forward to this.
Well I am but I’m not. The line up is awful, this is what our club has come too under the Glaziers.
I think it’s going to be 0-3 possibly 0-4. It all depends on how awful our midfield will be..

Not long now and I’m not looking forward to this.
Well I am but I’m not. The line up is awful, this is what our club has come too under the Glaziers.
I think it’s going to be 0-3 possibly 0-4. It all depends on how awful our midfield will be..
I kinda agree, but don't want to "like" because it's not good we have this worry. Young scares me right now.

Not a great free kick considering the space they had to strike in....

and Young has started well *headdesk*

Well that's started early.

WTF was Young doing?? Jesus he's getting worse

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
WTF was Young doing?? Jesus he's getting worse
Yep, and Shaw booked for not even remotely trying to play football he just grabbed hold of Messi like he was in a game of rugby league. Bloody pathetic attitude.

No way that should be an own goal though. It's brushed his shoulder. Petty bollocks that.

Better finish to the half, but we still need to take our chances.

Lineker "Shaw to knock it into his own goal" Bullshit. Smalling's last time out? Own Goal... Shaw tonight? Unlucky glance and not deserving of the OG

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
No way that should be an own goal though. It's brushed his shoulder. Petty bollocks that.

Better finish to the half, but we still need to take our chances.

Lineker "Shaw to knock it into his own goal" Bullshit. Smalling's last time out? Own Goal... Shaw tonight? Unlucky glance and not deserving of the OG
Lineker is a Cnut. Oh how I wish he would choke on a crisp.

Let's see if Martial is interested tonight... or if he's going to play silly buggers again

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Rashfords shooting tonight is akin to someone who is going for three points with that funny shaped ball.

Yeah, he needs to calm down and slot one, rather than go for the huge goal. Fred at the moment seems to be the best we've got.