Manchester United FC

Barca in the quarters...Get In!!

This is what we should be about, love these big games.

Can we beat them, too right we can! Will we beat them, that a different thing altogether, but we'll need some luck, as will they. Definitely have to get all the players back if we're to stand any chance, though?

Would be nice if Barca think and behave as our media appear to be, and write us off in this tie, that amount of complacency would play right into our hands. I doubt they would be that negligent and I'm sure we'll prepare properly...Should be a great tie, and I can't wait!!!
If both Manchester United and Liverpool get through the next stage, we meet in the semi. If you win both, it might be the Manchester derby in the final. If we win both, it might be the same two teams for the Premiership and the Champions' League final.

Should be some very good matches coming up. Please beat City in the league :)

Not one to count my chickens but what a semi final in store.
Get them chickens counted! Remember Roma squared Barca away last year, which opened all doors for the others...No reason we shouldn't believe we can do the same.

Definitely agree about the potential for the semi final being exciting...United v Porto, what a game!!! :twisted: ;)

If both Manchester United and Liverpool get through the next stage, we meet in the semi. If you win both, it might be the Manchester derby in the final. If we win both, it might be the same two teams for the Premiership and the Champions' League final.

Should be some very good matches coming up. Please beat City in the league :)
I'm sure we'll do our best, but for now the Wolves game is our priority.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Barcelona may not be up to gheir previous standards, but with Messi in the squad, there's a massive danger. He can hurt a team in an instant.
Put Herrera on him, hopefully he will be fit. If any one can do a job on Messi it’s him.

Barcelona may not be up to gheir previous standards, but with Messi in the squad, there's a massive danger. He can hurt a team in an instant.
He absolutely can, but it's also fair to say that the days of their tikki takka are pretty much gone, and their defence is not as good as it once was. so if we can stifle Messi by allowing Herrera to do a man marking job on him, then we have a chance. Easier said than done, I know, but as it stands we shouldn't shy away from trying to pressure them, particularly if we have a full attack available? If so, we can cause them plenty of trouble on the counter and they'll know that.

Interesting to note that Barca have never beaten us over two legs, even with their best side of a few years ago, so while we should respect them, we shouldn't fear them. Win. lose or draw, we must play our game and see where it takes us, it won't be the first time we've caused an upset...This is what it's all about, so I'm going to enjoy the spectacle, whatever happens?

That made oi larf, that did. Teams have tried putting two or three players on Messi... wee ****** still causes mayhem. Best player ever.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Maybe he is, or maybe Cristiano Ronaldo is. Either way he is the key to that Barcelona side, however he seems to have a game every so often this season, where he just doesn't reach his own standards.

Hopefully he has one of those days, and United can take advantage. Long shot i know though.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Maybe he is, or maybe Cristiano Ronaldo is. Either way he is the key to that Barcelona side, however he seems to have a game every so often this season, where he just doesn't reach his own standards.

Hopefully he has one of those days, and United can take advantage. Long shot i know though.
Hopefully two of those days;)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Decent team for tonight hopefully 1-2 to Utd.

City were lucky, typical an offside goal a penalty that wasn’t and through they go.

Awful showing so far, looking lifeless tonight all over the park...they're so disjointed, particularly up front and it could cost us! Thank fcuk Romero is on form!!!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Poo.

Nothing really needs to be said about that shitshow by us tonight...Well done Wolves, best team won and deservedly so!

Bad game. Too many players rushed back from injury at the same time. very rusty. Martial was abysmal.

Ole's still the man, but we need more squad depth that we can rely on.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Best you cross your fingers that Messi and Barcelona pose less of an attacking threat than Wolverhampton Wanderers ;)
Best thing I can hope for is that Pogba is out through injury. I’m fecking convinced had that man played in the second leg against PSG we wouldn’t be playing Barcelona PSG will be.