• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Manchester United FC

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Where in gods name have they got six minutes from? I'm sure it didn't half that time to get Grant on.
Derby deserve the win, because they have played well and were not scared of playing at OT. Utds reputation precedes them

Fellaini is playing with more phucking passion and pride than the rest of the squad.

I don't understand it. I have berated his performances and he has turned himself around in the last two seasons and proved himself again and again.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
That Cnut JONES SHOULD GO THROW HIMSELF OFF THE MANCUNIAN WAY THE USELESS PIECE OF SHIT.
Time and time again that Cnut shows why he shouldn't be any where near OT, he wouldn't even make the Derby side.
I've lost count the number of times I have slagged that Cnut off over the years and it's all ******* justified, the useless twat!

and Jones phucks it.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Fellaini is playing with more phucking passion and pride than the rest of the squad.

I don't understand it. I have berated his performances and he has turned himself around in the last two seasons and proved himself again and again.[/QUOTEI think I said something similar a year or so ago, if the rest of the team put in the consistent effort he does then combined with their skill we would be laughing, alas the lazy bastards don't .

Derby deserved to progress to the next round. I enjoyed that game just watching them play.

As for United, Mata did well, Martial was good. Dalot got the cross in for Fellaini's header.

Amateur hour from Romero although I'll qualify that by saying when your defenders go missing a goalkeeper is left with little choice but to handle outside the box.

Matic, lucky not to have earned two Yellow cards

Calamity Jones, God help us.

As for that heap of sh1te, Lukaku. Well he might do well in a League 1 side.

Valencia will eat us alive next week

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Derby deserved to progress to the next round. I enjoyed that game just watching them play.

As for United, Mata did well, Martial was good. Dalot got the cross in for Fellaini's header.

Amateur hour from Romero although I'll qualify that by saying when your defenders go missing a goalkeeper is left with little choice but to handle outside the box.

Matic, lucky not to have earned two Yellow cards

Calamity Jones, God help us.

As for that heap of sh1te, Lukaku. Well he might do well in a League 1 side.

Valencia will eat us alive next week
Now Ive calmed down a tad I agree with everything you said there.
Lukaku is looking more and more lethargic with no speed, no skill to control the ball and all in all he has gone backwards since he got his move to Utd, in fact he look so like an over weight loaf.
Jones see above.
I'm off to bed now, thank gawd I have a good book to read.

Lukaku has talent,...he's not useless and can score well, but I think the problem is that the team's confidence is shot right through. They're not playing well as a unit from back to front.

I cannot see the manager lasting much longer like this.

Moanrinho has turned Lukaku from an Everton goalscoring machine into a mediocre centre forward.

Fellani at least has a set of balls, which is more than certain other members of the squad. He's big, ugly and ungainly but at least puts a shift in and is effective.

As a Derby fan i am obviously quite pleased, but no need to get too excited, it was only Manure, Just as likely to lose to Bolton on Saturday, and quite importantly, 2 or the 'Stars' of the side are not ours....

Have i played that down enough ???

Chuff me that was good stuff, expected a real mullering but we played some decent stuff. Well pleased, might need a cold towel and a quiet corner now

Lukaku has talent,...he's not useless and can score well, ...
He doesn't score against top teams, he doesn't score when United are trailing but he's marvellous at nicking a last minute goal when we're already winning 2 - Nil.

I've been behind JM up until now. To see Wolves and Derby visit OT and both deserve to win is simply not good enough, not anywhere near good enough. I really think he has lost some of the players. We were clueless at times tonight and for about 70 mins played off the park by Derby.

It's going to be a long season - again.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Listening to Carragher this evening before Liverpool v Chelsea. You know what for a Scouser he was talking a lot of sense about Utd and in particular Pogba. Basically he was saying that Pogba isn't as good as he thinks he is and he doubts that he would get into the Barcelona side as they are all about discipline, something Pogba sorely lacks.

This Pogba/Mourinho video doing the rounds - given that your training ground's meant to be about as accessible as the Queen's tampon bin (I've seen a few journalists on Twitter today saying it's nigh on impossible to get access to unless you're invited), why do you reckon the club's allowed it to come out?

This Pogba/Mourinho video doing the rounds - given that your training ground's meant to be about as accessible as the Queen's tampon bin (I've seen a few journalists on Twitter today saying it's nigh on impossible to get access to unless you're invited), why do you reckon the club's allowed it to come out?
According to Talkshite at teatime, sky sports cameras were invited in today.

Someone (I can't remember who) said on the Jim White programme on Talksport that access to the training ground was part of the rights package for which the media pay an absolute fortune. Don't know if that is true or not.

It all kicks off from an instagram post from Pogba during the match where he looked like he was having a good time. Jose said something to him during the training session which Pogba had a WTF reaction.

The problem is, if Jose is more pissed at a Instagram post then the performance of his team, there's a fundamental problem with his management. Which wouldn't be the first time he's alienated the players to the point where they stop playing well.

I think Pogba is one of those players who has a hell of a lot of talent, but needs a firm hand guiding him. Carragher is right that Pogba's ego is a problem, but that's the same as much world class players. The hard part is mitigating it and guiding them well. When Pogba is in full-flow, he's able to put passes together than are unbelievable. His ball retention is fantastic. BUT he goes missing a lot too, and his temper is an issue at times. He's not captain material yet, but he could be with the right coaching.

The problem is, Jose isn't that type of coach. He prefers fully grown players who can do what he needs them to do. He wants to reap the rewards of other coaches work, whereas United needs someone more like Ferguson who can generate home-grown youth well.

Right now, today? I'd want Pogba to stay rather than Jose.

According to Talkshite at teatime, sky sports cameras were invited in today.
Someone (I can't remember who) said on the Jim White programme on Talksport that access to the training ground was part of the rights package for which the media pay an absolute fortune. Don't know if that is true or not.
Fair enough. I think the implication was that the club were basically setting Pogba up as the bad guy in order to back Mourinho (we apparently did the same thing with Balotelli and Rodgers when a load of stories suddenly started coming out about him being disruptive in training etc)

I'm not too sure utd would want to get rid of Pogba rather than Mourinho, if it appears that they are desperate to hoof pogba then I don't think they'd get the 90 mil they lashed out for him.