Manchester United FC

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Perhaps you should have just said, "less of the Scouse".
Saying that as pundits go he is a lot better than most. Crikey when Fergie was manager I could have sworn he was a very big Ud fan.

You dislike him personally, his football is just the excuse for you to justify it, and you're wrong on both counts.
Yeah, agree totally. He obviously knows nothing about football. I think @Gout Man is the first United fan ever to opine that Pogba is inconsistent and over-rated. He's clearly only saying those things because he dislikes Pogba as a person.

You go, girl. :rolleyes:

Yeah, agree totally. He obviously knows nothing about football. I think @Gout Man is the first United fan ever to opine that Pogba is inconsistent and over-rated. He's clearly only saying those things because he dislikes Pogba as a person.

You go, girl. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that just about covers it, have a like dear.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Have the Utd board gone on a long holiday to Mongolia and taken Mourinhio with them?
The lack of activity of persons leaving and new ones coming in for a big club is somewhat worrying, other clubs especially Liverpool and City appear to have done business really early and really good business too.
At the moment I'm not looking forward to the new season.

We don't know what is going on behind the scenes and JM is being his usual cryptic self. I suspect a lot depends on if we sell Martial and a defender and for how much. That maybe what is holding up things. Although as far as Ed W goes, he seems more suited to bringing in sponsorship than players inho.

Have the Utd board gone on a long holiday to Mongolia and taken Mourinhio with them?
The lack of activity of persons leaving and new ones coming in for a big club is somewhat worrying, other clubs especially Liverpool and City appear to have done business really early and really good business too.
At the moment I'm not looking forward to the new season.
Looks like Mourinho is getting (rightly) pissed off with Woodward et al. Five players wanted, and not one has arrived.

If the club wants success, they need to decide whether to pour millions into the academy and make it clear that is the strategy. Or actually pull their finger out and get the players the manager wants. If they fail, then that falls on the manager.

I'm not a fan of Mourinho's style the past few seasons, but if the club isn't going to support him, he's going to get threaders quickly.

Looks like Mourinho is getting (rightly) pissed off with Woodward et al. Five players wanted, and not one has arrived.

If the club wants success, they need to decide whether to pour millions into the academy and make it clear that is the strategy. Or actually pull their finger out and get the players the manager wants. If they fail, then that falls on the manager.

I'm not a fan of Mourinho's style the past few seasons, but if the club isn't going to support him, he's going to get threaders quickly.
Maybe they've seen how he spent their money since arriving, and aren't willing to back his blank checkbook approach any longer because they aren't satisfied he is delivering what they hoped for?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Maybe they've seen how he spent their money since arriving, and aren't willing to back his blank checkbook approach any longer because they aren't satisfied he is delivering what they hoped for?

I saw that press conference too. Strange that he didn't include Fred in the five he wanted, unless he's forgotten about him already.
But yes what the hell is going on? If the board don't like the targets and don't like Mourinho then why not get rid of him after last season?
What else are the board planning? Don't buy his number one targets and then blame him come Christmas when we are 15+ points behind City and Liverpool? The way them two have spent and improved on positions that needed improving is the polar opposite to what United have done, and looking at Mourinhos past signings at Chelsea compared to at Ud I'm getting the distinct feeling he is not been supported.
I predict a very poor season unless we are all in deep shock come this time next week with several mega signings been made but I can't see that happening. I can see Mourinho leaving though and I wouldn't blame him.

Your fella has won the square root of fcuk all since he arrived at your midden, despite spending more than Mourinho since he arrived at Anfield...Unless he wins something significant this season, do you imagine your board will be keen to continue funding his failure?

Have a look at who has had a blank cheque book to strengthen this close season, thus far, it certainly isn't Mourinho. We'll see where we both end up next season, but given klopps spending, he should expect nothing less than a serious tilt at the league title, anything less, and not even Sergio Ramos will be culpable for that failure.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Your fella has won the square root of fcuk all since he arrived at your midden, despite spending more than Mourinho since he arrived at Anfield...Unless he wins something significant this season, do you imagine your board will be keen to continue funding his failure?

Have a look at who has had a blank cheque book to strengthen this close season, thus far, it certainly isn't Mourinho. We'll see where we both end up next season, but given klopps spending, he should expect nothing less than a serious tilt at the league title, anything less, and not even Sergio Ramos will be culpable for that failure.
If I were a Liverpool supporter I think I would rather like the signings that Liverpool have made. Shaquari or whatever his name is will be a good enough replacement for Chamberlain and they have got themselves an excellent keeper, so they have improved a position which needed improvement and some.
United alas have so far failed miserably in addressing our positions which need improvement and it should not be happening at a club this size, it's also laughable that Liecester saw what Maguire was made of and got him for a snip when if our scouts were any good we would have snapped him up, he reminds me a lot of Steve Bruce and he would be great alongside any one of our current centre halves except Jones and Smalling and Rojo, and Lindlehoff, so we need two centre halves and as yet haven't shifted any out and haven't even brought one in! Our transfer record and targets over the last few years have been nothing short of disastrous, and yes I include Pogba in that statement due to his performances and money he cost.

despite spending more than Mourinho since he arrived at Anfield...
Got any figures to support that claim? are you talking outlay, or net spend?

Have a look at who has had a blank cheque book to strengthen this close season, thus far, it certainly isn't Mourinho.
Yep, this summer we've spent £170m - having brought in a huge sum selling Coutinho, and having enjoyed a lucrative Champions League run.

When it comes to extravagant spending from Mourinho, nobody is suggesting its this summer. I think it's more his approach since his appointment. I seem to remember him having spent £300m+ by the end of 2017? That's without counting the players you've already signed in 2018.

Certainly not accusing Mourinho of having spent excessively in this transfer window. I just suspect it's the board refusing to sanction his usual extravagant approach, because they haven't seen enough improvement to encourage further investment.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
The sad thing is, and it grips my shit saying this, the vermin play exciting football, we don't. Their signings are sound (Robertson we never even thought of) and complimented it further this window. We on the other hand extend the contract of the Belgium bogbrush to cement our style of play for the new season; fecking dull.

Yes, their fans are giddy and itching for the new season, most of ours are not. Their manager is as mad as a box of frogs, yet funny and charismatic. Ours is a moaning, snide git who has gives no fucks in throwing the youth players under the (not the speschul parked one) bus, publicly saying they won't be anywhere near the squad come season start: top drawer coaching.

Does the result last night matter? Too right it does, we're playing our greatest enemy.

Will we make the top 4, yes I believe so, through grinding out a season of shite, dull football. Meanwhile the Vermin, Bitters and Spurs will play entertaining and attacking football.

I'll still go to the games (when i get the chance) as I support Utd, not that moaning twat. But the club needs to get its act together asap and live up to the Busby way of playing football.

Ours is a moaning, snide git who has gives no fucks in throwing the youth players under the (not the speschul parked one) bus, publicly saying they won't be anywhere near the squad come season start: top drawer coaching.
I didn't watch the game last night (other than seeing a clip of Shaquiri's goal) but I've read the interviews and, if I were a United fan, that would be the one thing above all else about him that I'd hate. I could put up with 'pragmatic' football (if it was bringing silverware) but I couldn't be doing with a manager happily attacking players to protect his own position, especially when it's kids stepping up to the first team.

Compare both managers commenting on a player being away because of a child being born (Clyne and Martial) - Klopp saying how exciting a new kid is and how great it is for Clyne, Mourinho slagging Martial for not being back out and playing.

Two trophies in two seasons. Back in the Champions League, and their best league position for years, with fewer goals against, and more points etc.... Change the record.

They can hope for whatever they wish, but the board, and especially Woodward have been dire in the transfer windows for years. The Fabregas debacle is one of many that predates Mourinho.

Yes they have allowed big money to be spent, the issue wasn't that. It was that they spent it and then didn't give their managers any kind of real backing to stay longer and create a team. United were spoilt with Fergie being the boss, and Gill as chairman, as after every season they "failed", he had the time to spend on creating yet another squad to compete, and Gill went out and got the players Fergie wanted. Whether they were brilliant buys, or complete flops.

I saw that press conference too. Strange that he didn't include Fred in the five he wanted, unless he's forgotten about him already.
But yes what the hell is going on? If the board don't like the targets and don't like Mourinho then why not get rid of him after last season?
What else are the board planning? Don't buy his number one targets and then blame him come Christmas when we are 15+ points behind City and Liverpool? The way them two have spent and improved on positions that needed improving is the polar opposite to what United have done, and looking at Mourinhos past signings at Chelsea compared to at Ud I'm getting the distinct feeling he is not been supported.
I predict a very poor season unless we are all in deep shock come this time next week with several mega signings been made but I can't see that happening. I can see Mourinho leaving though and I wouldn't blame him.
No the five mentioned were his targets for one position, not his overall transfer targets

Got any figures to support that claim? are you talking outlay, or net spend?

Yep, this summer we've spent £170m - having brought in a huge sum selling Coutinho, and having enjoyed a lucrative Champions League run.

When it comes to extravagant spending from Mourinho, nobody is suggesting its this summer. I think it's more his approach since his appointment. I seem to remember him having spent £300m+ by the end of 2017? That's without counting the players you've already signed in 2018.

Certainly not accusing Mourinho of having spent excessively in this transfer window. I just suspect it's the board refusing to sanction his usual extravagant approach, because they haven't seen enough improvement to encourage further investment.

Outlay! The net spend includes monies received for sales, but that isn't relevent, as you asserted that the board might not want to let him spend any more of their money. Klopp (0 trophies) has spent 412 million, Mourinho 393 million (2 trophies). The net spend comparison is irrelevent, as we are generally not a selling club, and don't rely on it for our transfer funds.

You lot like the net spend because you do rely on transfer money to get your business done, and it reflects well on klopp, despite his continuing failure to garner any silverware, which is what really matters.